Brain Fog From K2

brainfog

I took 3 drops yesterday and had an extreme brain fog that lead to a extreme mild headache. Today i only took 1 drop and now i just have a really annoying brain fog.

Im taking thorne k2.

The same thing happend when i was taking vitamin D a few weeks back. I had a constant mild headache/brain fog so i stopped taking it. I know my vitamin D levels are poor.

Why do i feel this reaction?

ilikecats

I think there is a little soy in it. That's what most vitamin e is derived from. (See mixed tocopherols on label). It could be that idk. I'm sure ray doesn't think it should be a problem, but some people might be hypersensitive to it.

Giraffe

Does magnesium help? What is your magnesium and calcium intake?

OP
B

brainfog

Does magnesium help? What is your magnesium and calcium intake?

I havent tried magnesium.

My magnesium and calcium intake i very bad atm (and have been bad since at least 10 years back). I only eat very small amount of cheese and i only have milk in my coffee, since i dont seem to tolarate fluids that great. Atm i think i only can drink around 0.5 L. I wouldnt be suprised if i was not deficent in those minerals. Could it be that problem?

kiran

Likely the K2 is removing calcium from your serum. A large drop of calcium can cause brainfog/headache. Vit D usually raises calcium.Any change in serum calcium can cause problems.
Have you tried taking the K2 with some calcium?

Giraffe

You may want to try magnesium with a little vitamin B6 (10 mg). Vitamin D needs magnesium to work. If you are low in magnesium to beginn with, you might experience symptoms of hypomagnesemia when you supplement vitamin D. (I wonder if vitamin K can do the same with calcium?) I prefer the carbonate, glycinate or bicarbonate form when I take oral supplements, approximaterly 100 mg elemental magnesium every couple of hours. If you go the transdermal route, you avoid possible gut irritation. Best of course is to get it from food. Leavy greens are rich in magnesium and calcium. You could boil chard or kale for a few minutes, discard the kale/chard and use the broth for cooking something else. I sometimes boil potatoes or mushrooms in kale broth.

Magnesium Bicarbonate
Magnesium Oil

Serveral users here have reported that they need to increase the intake of alkaline minerals to tolerate fluids. Do you salt your food to taste?

Last edited:
OP
B

brainfog

Ok. I will try eat more cooked leavy greens and more dairy. And yes i do use salt and i feel it helps with being better hydrated.

What's ur carbss intake ?

Is it minimum 2 to 1 ratio with protein ?

Are you using the cronometer?

I prefer carbss to be 4 to 1 to an optimal state of health

Curiousman

Once I took vitamin K2-MK7 of a drug management and I had brain fog . After that, I bought Vitacost Ultra Vitamin K with Advanced K2 Complex and I didin't have any issue.