Brain Cancer stage 4 glioblastoma giant cells. What options are available?

llian

This is about a family member. She is 56yo. This morning she was diagnosed with head cancer... doctors gave her a short term to live. They want to put her on chemotherapy. What can i do for her ? Is there any way possible to reverse this ?

@haidut @mrchibbs @Tarmander

mrchibbs

It would help to know more details about her diagnosis. In the meantime here are some threads recommended in the ''similar threads'' section:

Nemo

This is about a family member. She is 56yo. This morning she was diagnosed with head cancer... doctors gave her a short term to live. They want to put her on chemotherapy. What can i do for her ? Is there any way possible to reverse this ?

@haidut @mrchibbs @Tarmander

Egoy, can you tell us what type of head or brain cancer? Glioblastoma or esthesioneuroblastoma or there are others.

Haidut just published info on a study that blocked glioblastoma with Vit. B3: Blocking PUFA supply halts brain cancer (glioblastoma) – To Extract Knowledge from Matter

They also blocked it with cyproheptadine (find the link through the above link).

Here's info on another study that blocked it with Vit. B3: Vitamin B3 remarkably therapeutic for brain cancer (glioblastoma) – To Extract Knowledge from Matter

So Mr. Chibbs is right, you can give her extra time or even cure her. I was diagnosed with brain cancer and given a short term to live. Although I had the tumor removed surgically, they told me I'd kick the bucket quickly without either chemo or radiation.

I turned them both down and used aspirin and progesterone, B3 and Pyrucet and I am cancer free and feeling well long past my expected date of doom.

Also, never believe it when they tell you someone has a few months to live. They told me my mother had four months to live. That was six years ago. She's playing bingo with her old lady friends as I type this.

mrchibbs

Egoy, can you tell us what type of head or brain cancer? Glioblastoma or esthesioneuroblastoma or there are others.

Haidut just published info on a study that blocked glioblastoma with Vit. B3: Blocking PUFA supply halts brain cancer (glioblastoma) – To Extract Knowledge from Matter

They also blocked it with cyproheptadine (find the link through the above link).

Here's info on another study that blocked it with Vit. B3: Vitamin B3 remarkably therapeutic for brain cancer (glioblastoma) – To Extract Knowledge from Matter

So Mr. Chibbs is right, you can give her extra time or even cure her. I was diagnosed with brain cancer and given a short term to live. Although I had the tumor removed surgically, they told me I'd kick the bucket quickly without either chemo or radiation.

I turned them both down and used aspirin and progesterone, B3 and Pyrucet and I am cancer free and feeling well long past my expected date of doom.

Also, never believe it when they tell you someone has a few months to live. They told me my mother had four months to live. That was six years ago. She's playing bingo with her old lady friends as I type this.

Love, love, love your post. Testimonies like this are so precious.

Simply telling someone they don't have long to live is enough to cause death in of itself. I read somewhere that something as laughing therapy has been shown to ''cure'' cancer sometimes. Having positive energy and mindset and gratitude for life is more important than any prognosis.

I am very happy for you and your mother.

Nemo

Love, love, love your post. Testimonies like this are so precious.

Simply telling someone they don't have long to live is enough to cause death in of itself. I read somewhere that something as laughing therapy has been shown to ''cure'' cancer sometimes. Having positive energy and mindset and gratitude for life is more important than any prognosis.

I am very happy for you and your mother.

Thanks for the nice remarks, Mr. C.

When I got sick I thought about my mother's recovery constantly. I thought if she could recover from where she'd been, anyone could recover from anything.

Mito

Update

We had another MRI and the tumor shrank by 20%. We are thru the roof excited. He’s never been better. We have been using oxidal, aspirin, niacinamide,thyroid as he’s temp was 95.8 now it’s 97.6. The newest addition was the pryucet and second only to God’s grace I believe pryucet was the secret weapon. I continue to learn as I go. If anyone is battling illness especially cancer look into Pyrucet. Thanks Haidut for all your supplements and contributions to all. The only thing is he’s gained some weight and having a tough time not gaining more. I don’t know if that’s part of the healing process or not.

OP
llian

llian

It would help to know more details about her diagnosis. In the meantime here are some threads recommended in the ''similar threads'' section:

Thank you so much for the above answers ! Also this testimony is music to my ears ! Stories like this are always giving me some hope :)

I just got my mother diagnosis and she seem to have glioblastoma giant cells at her head. She also, before of this diagnosis, has 2 big tumors on her brain and they perform a surgery on her 3 days ago and when they did another MRI scan they found this glioblastom.

Honestly i am so worried, she is in Stage 3, is there any hope whatsoever in this case ? Right now i'll be happy if i just keep her another year alive.

Thank you again for these good answers !

equipoise

Warrior spirit right there. Made my day, I wish all the best to you and may you be forever in remission!

Shaza

Does she have a glioblastoma? My daughter had a low grade glioma at 14.

23 years ago she had 12 hour surgery and a year of carboplatin. She is now a lawyer with UN. Don’t give up hope but get to a good centre.

Tansia

That's so great you've found a way to show them :) By the way did you use purycet orally or transedermally?

Austin Resch

I would highly recommend incorporating many of the above orthomolecular/herbal/etc. alongside a trong nutritional foundation.

"Subsequently, the patient refused radiotherapy and chemotherapy and opted to use the paleolithic ketogenic diet (PKD) as a stand-alone therapy. Following the adoption of the PKD, progression of the disease has been completely halted. At the time of writing, the patient has remained in remission for 38 months, is without side-effects and experiences an excellent quality of life without the use of any drugs."

Patient History: "The medical history of the patient included bladder cancer operated in 2012. He also had hypertension treated with antihypertensives. The patient presented with severe headache in late January 2016 at the age of 52 years old. A subsequent MRI on the 28th of January 2016 showed a cystic lesion of 44 x 60 x 55 mm in the right parieto-temporo-occipital region. Subtotal surgery was performed the next day. Histopathology indicated glioblastoma multiforme. A follow-up CT scan on 02 Mar 2016 showed a cystic mass of 49 x 29.9 mm. Between March and May 2016 the patient underwent radiochemotherapy along with temozolomide treatment. An MRI in August 2016 showed tumor recurrence, whereupon the patient decided to stop standard treatment and contacted us for medical guidance."

There are many other clinical case studies similar to the one above, that can be found here: https://www.paleomedicina.com/en?page=tartalom&tipus=cikk

Here is an interview hosted by Dr. Saladino where guest Dr. Al Danenberg (73y/o) explains that he had a stroke at age 59 (thereafter "needing" 7 medications), then at age 71 is diagnosed with multiple myeloma with innumerable lytic lesions (holes in the bone) along with many cracked/fractured bones, he was told by his reputable oncologist that his cancer is incurable and that the longest he`d live (based on this cancer and its progression) is another 3-6months. Now, over 3 years from that he is thriving and recently got PET scanned to find no cancerous cells/growths in his body.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEt31-9ZtoI

Nemo

Thank you so much for the above answers ! Also this testimony is music to my ears ! Stories like this are always giving me some hope :)

I just got my mother diagnosis and she seem to have glioblastoma giant cells at her head. She also, before of this diagnosis, has 2 big tumors on her brain and they perform a surgery on her 3 days ago and when they did another MRI scan they found this glioblastom.

Honestly i am so worried, she is in Stage 3, is there any hope whatsoever in this case ? Right now i'll be happy if i just keep her another year alive.

Thank you again for these good answers !

Egoy, I was Stage 4 and I'm still here.

But with a glioblastoma you have to be aggressive. If it were my mother, I'd get her on Pyrucet as fast as I could get it. But even though you want to be fast, you have to be a little careful starting her on it. Make sure she drinks orange juice or sugared, salted skim milk with it. She will need that extra sugar and energy and may not be up to eating much.

Also, don't go right away to the full dose. Maybe she can handle a full dose right away, but I couldn't. Maybe start with a couple drops with OJ, if that goes well you can add a couple more drops in an hour or two with more OJ. Maybe do a third dose in another hour or two. If that goes well, more drops for each dose the next day.

While you're waiting for the Pyrucet to arrive, I'd get going with aspirin, maybe a dose of 25-30 mg niacinamide once or twice a day (or check out those niacinamide studies for glioblastoma), and definitely progesterone. She will be in pain from the surgery so I'd try to switch her over from the opiates they'll give her to aspirin as soon as possible.

I'd put progesterone on her head over the area where the tumors were and the glioblastoma is. Ray recommended that and it's also good for helping to control pain without opiates. It's not that you're worried about addiction to opiates, it's because Ray says opiates are proinflammatory while progesterone and aspirin are the opposite: Ray Peat, PhD on Endotoxin – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Ray tells a story on a recent Danny Roddy podcast about his rabbit who had a brain tumor. The rabbit was dying, couldn't hop around, when it tried to move would just bang into walls and fall over. He smeared Progest-E all over its ears and immediately the rabbit was hopping around like normal again all over the place.

And you help her with sugared, salted milk and OJ, gelatin -- good Peat nutrition. Again, she may not be able to eat a lot right now, but OJ, gelatin, and sugared, salted skim milk were easy for me to get down as soon as I started waking up. You may find she craves salt soon, be sure to get it to her however you can, even if you have to add it to OJ, gelatin, etc.

You wouldn't believe the stuff I've seen loved ones recover from. You go care for your mother with confidence, and be sure to take extra good care of yourself right now too.

OP
llian

llian

Egoy, I was Stage 4 and I'm still here.

But with a glioblastoma you have to be aggressive. If it were my mother, I'd get her on Pyrucet as fast as I could get it. But even though you want to be fast, you have to be a little careful starting her on it. Make sure she drinks orange juice or sugared, salted skim milk with it. She will need that extra sugar and energy and may not be up to eating much.

Also, don't go right away to the full dose. Maybe she can handle a full dose right away, but I couldn't. Maybe start with a couple drops with OJ, if that goes well you can add a couple more drops in an hour or two with more OJ. Maybe do a third dose in another hour or two. If that goes well, more drops for each dose the next day.

While you're waiting for the Pyrucet to arrive, I'd get going with aspirin, maybe a dose of 25-30 mg niacinamide once or twice a day (or check out those niacinamide studies for glioblastoma), and definitely progesterone. She will be in pain from the surgery so I'd try to switch her over from the opiates they'll give her to aspirin as soon as possible.

I'd put progesterone on her head over the area where the tumors were and the glioblastoma is. Ray recommended that and it's also good for helping to control pain without opiates. It's not that you're worried about addiction to opiates, it's because Ray says opiates are proinflammatory while progesterone and aspirin are the opposite: Ray Peat, PhD on Endotoxin – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Ray tells a story on a recent Danny Roddy podcast about his rabbit who had a brain tumor. The rabbit was dying, couldn't hop around, when it tried to move would just bang into walls and fall over. He smeared Progest-E all over its ears and immediately the rabbit was hopping around like normal again all over the place.

And you help her with sugared, salted milk and OJ, gelatin -- good Peat nutrition. Again, she may not be able to eat a lot right now, but OJ, gelatin, and sugared, salted skim milk were easy for me to get down as soon as I started waking up. You may find she craves salt soon, be sure to get it to her however you can, even if you have to add it to OJ, gelatin, etc.

You wouldn't believe the stuff I've seen loved ones recover from. You go care for your mother with confidence, and be sure to take extra good care of yourself right now too.
Oh man.... i dont even know how much i should thank you for this great response. This is warming my heart right now knowing that your battle has been successfully won against this terrible disease. This is so comforting and encouraging that you made my day instantly positive. Thank you very much !

I am curious if you followed any standard procedure like chemotherapy/radiotherapy during those days while incorporating the mentioned protocols? Doctors said to me that she will luckily get to live 6 more months regardless of multiple chemotherapies she will have to follow. What should i do in this situation? Should i try to treat her at home by myself or should i go with chemotherapy + incorporating the above treatments?

, Regards !

Nemo

I am curious if you followed any standard procedure like chemotherapy/radiotherapy during those days while incorporating the mentioned protocols? Doctors said to me that she will luckily get to live 6 more months regardless of multiple chemotherapies she will have to follow. What should i do in this situation? Should i try to treat her at home by myself or should i go with chemotherapy + incorporating the above treatments?

Egoy, I refused both chemo and radiation. (They had wanted to do chemo before the surgery to shrink the tumor and then radiation after.) But I felt confident turning it down because I'd been seriously reading Ray Peat's stuff for six months at that point. I was off PUFAs, trying to implement as many of Ray's ideas as I understood at that point. I had read all his cancer stuff 20 times.

Also, I had compiled a file of scientists and doctors who had turned down radiation and chemo for themselves and healed themselves with other stuff. One scientist who did cancer research turned down chemo and used high doses of an anti-inflammatory to cure his cancer. Another guy, a doctor, healed himself with diet. There's a Ray Peat follower out there with a website who healed himself with aspirin and diet. At one point, I had collected a few dozen of these stories.

But chemo is a decision your mother has to make for herself. I would say just be there with her as the doctor talks to her, and ask the tough questions. Don't let them smooth talk her. Ray Peat talks about chemo -- I'd look up every word he wrote and share it with your mother.

If in the end she decides to go with chemo, you just care for her with the progesterone and Pyrucet and aspirin, etc. on top of it and after it.

A huge factor in my recovery was my husband. He is the calmest, most optimistic, sanest person I have ever known. He was completely supportive of every decision I made. When I was lying in the hospital helpless, he put progesterone on my head. He brought me gelatin made with OJ from home. He brought me good skim milk from home. When I turned down radiation, I asked him if he thought I was crazy. He said: "I think you're doing exactly the right thing."

I was having a lot of trouble staying awake and conscious at the hospital. I was sleeping 22-23 hours a day. Finally, after 10 days, I woke up long enough to say to my husband, "Get me out of here." He helped me leave against doctors' orders. He helped with the paperwork. He helped get me past the nurses and doctors who tried to stop me from leaving.

I can't tell you how important it will be to your mother just to have you standing by her and caring for her.

Nemo

Chemo is counterproductive (check studies on survival time). You can also check out this interview by someone that found out his brain cancer was feasting on glucose. Ep.18: Brain Cancer, Epilepsy with Andrew Scarborough

Ray Peat addresses the cancer/feasting/glucose issue.

Eat sugar. Otherwise the cancer turns YOU into sugar. When you eat sugar, you have the metabolic energy to heal from the cancer.

JacobG

Ray Peat addresses the cancer/feasting/glucose issue.

Eat sugar. Otherwise the cancer turns YOU into sugar. When you eat sugar, you have the metabolic energy to heal from the cancer.
The guy I posted cannot eat sugar as he gets life threatening seizures from it.

Inaut

Egoy, I refused both chemo and radiation. (They had wanted to do chemo before the surgery to shrink the tumor and then radiation after.) But I felt confident turning it down because I'd been seriously reading Ray Peat's stuff for six months at that point. I was off PUFAs, trying to implement as many of Ray's ideas as I understood at that point. I had read all his cancer stuff 20 times.

Also, I had compiled a file of scientists and doctors who had turned down radiation and chemo for themselves and healed themselves with other stuff. One scientist who did cancer research turned down chemo and used high doses of an anti-inflammatory to cure his cancer. Another guy, a doctor, healed himself with diet. There's a Ray Peat follower out there with a website who healed himself with aspirin and diet. At one point, I had collected a few dozen of these stories.

But chemo is a decision your mother has to make for herself. I would say just be there with her as the doctor talks to her, and ask the tough questions. Don't let them smooth talk her. Ray Peat talks about chemo -- I'd look up every word he wrote and share it with your mother.

If in the end she decides to go with chemo, you just care for her with the progesterone and Pyrucet and aspirin, etc. on top of it and after it.

A huge factor in my recovery was my husband. He is the calmest, most optimistic, sanest person I have ever known. He was completely supportive of every decision I made. When I was lying in the hospital helpless, he put progesterone on my head. He brought me gelatin made with OJ from home. He brought me good skim milk from home. When I turned down radiation, I asked him if he thought I was crazy. He said: "I think you're doing exactly the right thing."

I was having a lot of trouble staying awake and conscious at the hospital. I was sleeping 22-23 hours a day. Finally, after 10 days, I woke up long enough to say to my husband, "Get me out of here." He helped me leave against doctors' orders. He helped with the paperwork. He helped get me past the nurses and doctors who tried to stop me from leaving.

I can't tell you how important it will be to your mother just to have you standing by her and caring for her.
I hope to find a female equivalent of your husband in my lifetime. You are blessed in more ways than one @Nemo . Your posts on this thread are also very inspiring :)