Brain Cancer stage 4 glioblastoma giant cells. What options are available?

Jon2547

I've heard of those that have used ketogenic eating to resolve tumours. Are there anecdotes involving those that have adopted high sugar diet to get rid of tumours?

Austin Resch

Ray Peat addresses the cancer/feasting/glucose issue.

Eat sugar. Otherwise the cancer turns YOU into sugar. When you eat sugar, you have the metabolic energy to heal from the cancer.
What would be the reason for using radioactive glucose to locate/label cancerous growth, if not for the fact that cancer cells preferentially utilize glucose as energy substrate? If you have heard otherwise, or have information regarding a different mechanism of action, I would love to read about this.

Mito

What would be the reason for using radioactive glucose to locate/label cancerous growth, if not for the fact that cancer cells preferentially utilize glucose as energy substrate? If you have heard otherwise, or have information regarding a different mechanism of action, I would love to read about this.
There are lots of posts on the forum about this. Here are a couple:

“This is the latest of a number of studies over the last year or so that point the finger at fat (and not sugar) as the primary factor in tumor growth. I posted a few studies in the past showing that tumor cells are highly dependent on fat for growth and proliferation, and a number of hypolipidemic agents like orlistat or even niacinamide can help curb, or even completely reverse tumor growth. In combination with a fatty acid oxidation inhibitor like Mildronate, the effect will probably be even more potent. And adding a fatty acid synthase (FAS) inhibitor like vitamin D or aspirin on top of that can create a well-rounded cancer treatment for most cancer types.”

“Now, a major cancer research center has come out with a study recognizing that sugar has little role in fueling cancer growth. In fact, when sugar was restricted, the cancer became much more aggressive and switched to oxidizing glutamine, which is also something we have discussed on the forum before.”

Tansia

You guys have no idea how precious is this information for everyone in the forum. It gives hope and shows that cancer is not a sentence. I appreciate Ray's research and your kind shares because it shows that what is uncurable can be cured. I love this. Thank you!

Tarmander

I dont have a ton of experience with cancer and some others here seem to have a lot to offer

Nemo

Cancer cells do use sugar. But read Ray Peat's pieces on cancer. The cancer cells are going to get sugar one way or another. You can either take sugar and get the sugar you need, even though they'll take some, or you can let them turn your muscles into sugar as you waste away and die.

In cancer, you're essentially devolving into an amoeba because you don't have the generative energy for the work of cell differentiation. Cutting off your generative energy is the worst thing you can do. You have to greatly increase it to get your cells working properly again.

Austin Resch

Cancer cells do use sugar. But read Ray Peat's pieces on cancer. The cancer cells are going to get sugar one way or another. You can either take sugar and get the sugar you need, even though they'll take some, or you can let them turn your muscles into sugar as you waste away and die.

In cancer, you're essentially devolving into an amoeba because you don't have the generative energy for the work of cell differentiation. Cutting off your generative energy is the worst thing you can do. You have to greatly increase it to get your cells working properly again.
I see, thanks for the clarification. This is the first time (by no means am I implying that because of this it must be incorrect) I hear an alternative physiologic response different from the more mainstream metabolic explanation that limiting dietary glucose will "starve" the cancer tissue, and since it is not being provided with adequate energy it will not sustain/proliferate as strongly. It will be interesting to learn how cancer tissue induces gluconeogenesis upregulation (at the expense of muscle tissue) and how it does so differently than what is seen in individuals who successfully adopt low/no carb and can simultaneously maintain muscle mass (there are some individuals who seem to be able to preserve muscle mass without carbs).

Nemo

I see, thanks for the clarification. This is the first time (by no means am I implying that because of this it must be incorrect) I hear an alternative physiologic response different from the more mainstream metabolic explanation that limiting dietary glucose will "starve" the cancer tissue.

Austin, mainstream medicine sees cancer as something foreign to be starved.

Ray correctly sees cancers as your own cells adapting to a hostile environment. He says:

As long as the lump is defined as an alien material, killing it by any means seems
reasonable, but if it is seen as the body's attempt to repair itself, then killing it is no more
reasonable than it would be to cut the spots out of someone with smallpox.

Cancer cells can return to normal functioning if you improve the environment. You've got to restore the supply of oxygen, nutrients, and sugar to the cells. That's what all of Ray Peat's work is about.

J.R.K

Mr Chibbs that is truly inspiring! It is one thing to hear and read about the studies and the resulting things that happen. But to actually hear it from someone that experienced it and went through the process of the recommendations in the forum and have the courage to resist the traditional mainstream medicine route of slash and burn treatment gives hope and inspiration to all.
May you and your mother live long and well my friend!

Fred

This is about a family member. She is 56yo. This morning she was diagnosed with head cancer... doctors gave her a short term to live. They want to put her on chemotherapy. What can i do for her ? Is there any way possible to reverse this ?

@haidut @mrchibbs @Tarmander
High dose aspirin, 3 or more grams, has been recommended by Peat for advanced cancer. IIRC high doses can cause tinnitus, so back off a little from onset of tinnitus.

andrewlee224

High dose aspirin, 3 or more grams, has been recommended by Peat for advanced cancer. IIRC high doses can cause tinnitus, so back off a little from onset of tinnitus.
I think there have been reports it may be possible to avert tinnitus by adding glycine to aspirin (which also I think is beneficial for the brain, as there have been some studies posted by Haidut).

Fred

I think there have been reports it may be possible to avert tinnitus by adding glycine to aspirin (which also I think is beneficial for the brain, as there have been some studies posted by Haidut).
Interesting. Thanks.

OP
llian

llian

Thanks! This is what i been given to her untill i can order from idealabs. I also restricted her pufas to 2g since she cant stomach milk by any means ( 0% fat one) she will throw up immediately so i give her feta cheese.

Nemo

Here's the link:

I'd never seen this before so thank you very much for mentioning it, Andrew. I have this problem with high-dose aspirin and I don't want to stop the aspirin.

Fred

Thanks! This is what i been given to her untill i can order from idealabs. I also restricted her pufas to 2g since she cant stomach milk by any means ( 0% fat one) she will throw up immediately so i give her feta cheese.
No problem. I also remember Ray saying that surgery is sometimes needed if a tumor is impinging on a vital organ, but is otherwise not recommended, as it can cause a future proliferation of more-malignant tumors.
Also, I think cottage cheese is generally recommended. Look out for lactic acid though ... foods high in lactic acid = bad (according to Ray).

OP
llian

llian

@Nemo if she cant drink 0% fat milk i can switch with feta cheese? She ate today 100g feta with some green onion and garlic + OJ and sugarly + salted gelatine. She craves pufas so bad she grew with soups and high unsaturated fats food so it is so hard to switch her diet overnight and often refuses to drink OJ, gelatine. I cant wait to order the good stuff from idealabs.

OP
llian

llian

No problem. I also remember Ray saying that surgery is sometimes needed if a tumor is impinging on a vital organ, but is otherwise not recommended, as it can cause a future proliferation of more-malignant tumors.
Also, I think cottage cheese is generally recommended. Look out for lactic acid though ... foods high in lactic acid = bad (according to Ray).
She had surgery before knowing she has glioblastoma giant cells (still she doesnt know since i didnt told her). How i can antagonize lactic acid? I been given baking soda with ACV to her since i read here that can work against it

Nemo

@Nemo if she cant drink 0% fat milk i can switch with feta cheese? She ate today 100g feta with some green onion and garlic + OJ and sugarly + salted gelatine. She craves pufas so bad she grew with soups and high unsaturated fats food so it is so hard to switch her diet overnight and often refuses to drink OJ, gelatine. I cant wait to order the good stuff from idealabs.

If she can eat feta cheese, give her feta cheese, egoy. You're doing great.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals