Brad Marshall's Presentation on PUFA, Obesity, Torpor and more.

Motorneuron

Sorry, I don't have much at hand. The theory that I read being that low levels of Vitamin D being a symptom of disease, not a cause of disease. So something is using up that D to cope with disease/ inbalance.
What do you mean by irreversible arteriosclerosis from too much calcium?

sunny

@sunny It's not necessarily about Peat, but also Haidut. You can easily get to 10k IU doses with Calcirol
Has he recommended that? Just asking because I have not read the calcirol information thread. You could get to that dose with any d3 supplement.

GreekDemiGod

That's a good question, I'd also like to know his stance on that. He did promote studies where 5-10k IUs were used.

Dr. B

Sorry, I don't have much at hand. The theory that I read being that low levels of Vitamin D being a symptom of disease, not a cause of disease. So something is using up that D to cope with disease/ inbalance.
5000 IU helped me when I had already been using 5k IU A for 3 years without D. then I added 5k D3 and continued the A. i think the D3 helped since it was undoing the bad effects of the A.
I used 10k IU D3 daily for maybe 3 years, and A intake was only 3000- 4000IU A daily from diet only, so no supplemental A but 10k IU supplemental D3. I got all kinds of side effects all the serotonin and cortisol symptoms. from stopping the D3 entirely, and continuing the 3-4kIU A from diet only, and with minimal sunlight, im getting improvements. the D3 causes the standard hypercalcemia symptoms like low energy, poor digestion and appeite but also the cortisl and serotonin symptoms. some of the effects are maybe from depleting A, or K or some b vitamins or something else too much.

RealNeat

Supplemental Vitamin D is poison. Countless reports of people ruining their health with D3.
People are waking up to the truth.
Oh, well if its poison then you should go vegan and avoid all animal products that contain it. Its irradiated lanolin, really one of the more benign supplements out there close to how its created in natural animal foods.

Lanolin allergy on the other hand definitely has uncomfortable symptomology.

And @Dr. B my understanding is that its suppressing to the adaptive immune system, which actually decreases risk of cytokine storms. On the other hand It would make sense that it "enhances" the innate immune system, as many other pro-metabolic substances do the same thing. However, I don't really believe in that "immune system" terminology or philosophy. Ray has expanded on this several times.

I'm really trying to avoid derailing the thread, so please don't respond here and find a suitable thread and tag me there if you so wish.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That makes sense. Doesn’t mean it won’t be therapeutic but it could just cover up the real issue. Damn these things can be complicated. I have an autoimmune condition called Ankylosing spondylitis so I’m assuming it has something to do with it or the medication involved.

Dr. B

That makes sense. Doesn’t mean it won’t be therapeutic but it could just cover up the real issue. Damn these things can be complicated. I have an autoimmune condition called Ankylosing spondylitis so I’m assuming it has something to do with it or the medication involved.
if supplemental D is improving something shouldnt sunlight do the same thing.

Motorneuron

if supplemental D is improving something shouldnt sunlight do the same thing.
If kidney and liver are functioning poorly it will not be absorbed properly ... boron seems to aid absorption

Motorneuron

There's similar data here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGnfXXIKZM&t=660s

The speaker outlines the proinflammatory role of the omega 6 PUFA and also the fact that they suppress mitochondrial function.

In today's world, how could it be totally avoided? not even a saturated diet would be possible ... maybe just coconut

Unless you want to try taking saturated fatty acid in isolation, lab mouse style ...

Lollipop2

In today's world, how could it be totally avoided? not even a saturated diet would be possible ... maybe just coconut

Unless you want to try taking saturated fatty acid in isolation, lab mouse style ...
Cook for yourself, make everything from scratch, and do not eat out. Read every label to make a good purchase choice.

Motorneuron

Cook for yourself, make everything from scratch, and do not eat out. Read every label to make a good purchase choice.
Of course, this is the basis but very often life puts you in front of a lot of unforeseen not calculated and you have to settle ... beyond this I was referring if there is a pure saturated fat to consume because these studies use acid very thick isolated fat and we can't ... unless I repeat you have access to isolated fatty acid and consume it.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

In today's world, how could it be totally avoided?
PUFA could never be totally avoided, not in the real world. All fats have some, and there's even very small amounts in things like orange juice.
not even a saturated diet would be possible ... maybe just coconut
I don't think there have been very many studies where the lab animals didn't get any PUFA. Other than the original Burr experiments that showed "EFA deficiency."

You can purchase things like MCT oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, and mostly isolated Stearic Acid, which are 99%+ Saturated. Or, you could try and lower fat as close to zero as possible, doing something like the William Brown diet, or maybe the Kemper Rice Diet.

But, it's probably not necessary. You can keep PUFA to around 2-4% of diet, using things like dairy, coconut oil, sticking mostly to beef. Maybe adding in a bit of cacao. Dairy and Cacao are about 60-70% saturated, have a decent amount of Stearic Acid which probably helps to displace PUFA, and Coconut Oil is about 93%, with HCO being 99%+. HCO also has about 10% Stearic, same as dairy.

Motorneuron

Thanks, I think exactly like you.

One thing, if you can help me, I've seen a lot of stearic acid for sale on Amazon but at least in Europe EVERYTHING is labeled "cosmetic" and not food.

Is it a problem of law or is there a difference between the forms?

@tankasnowgod

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Thanks, I think exactly like you.

One thing, if you can help me, I've seen a lot of stearic acid for sale on Amazon but at least in Europe EVERYTHING is labeled "cosmetic" and not food.

Is it a problem of law or is there a difference between the forms?

@tankasnowgod

There is a difference, usually with the amount or types of excipients. I've always looked for USP or NF grade, those are the highest grades of purity, or anything specifically labeled as okay use as food. There's some brands listed even on Amazon in the US with those grades. For Europe, you might have to look outside of Amazon.

I think some people have used the cosmetic grade as food, and been fine, but it might vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, and even batch to batch. I would stick to the higher grades, even if they were pricier, or you had to find a vendor outside of Europe.

DonLore

PUFA could never be totally avoided, not in the real world. All fats have some, and there's even very small amounts in things like orange juice.

I don't think there have been very many studies where the lab animals didn't get any PUFA. Other than the original Burr experiments that showed "EFA deficiency."

You can purchase things like MCT oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, and mostly isolated Stearic Acid, which are 99%+ Saturated. Or, you could try and lower fat as close to zero as possible, doing something like the William Brown diet, or maybe the Kemper Rice Diet.

But, it's probably not necessary. You can keep PUFA to around 2-4% of diet, using things like dairy, coconut oil, sticking mostly to beef. Maybe adding in a bit of cacao. Dairy and Cacao are about 60-70% saturated, have a decent amount of Stearic Acid which probably helps to displace PUFA, and Coconut Oil is about 93%, with HCO being 99%+. HCO also has about 10% Stearic, same as dairy.
Would there be a difference if someone managed to eat 0% pufa? Isnt a small amount necessary for things like inflammatory signalling? I wonder if there is any evidence to whether it would be healthier to go below 2% PUFA.
I guess it makes no difference in real life, since all foods basically contain some pufa, even the healthy foods you just listed

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals