Boys, Don't Toast Your Balls

Fractality

I'm a victim of too much red light on the balls. The problem is that it feels good and there is no feedback mechanism to know when to stop! The itchiness is finally subsiding. Very odd, it looks like sunburn but doesn't feel burnt. Moderate to severe itchiness that only gets worse when rubbing/scratching the testes. I shined the light on my testes for maybe like 2-3 minutes every day for 5 days. I held the light 2-3 inches from my ballsack.

Constatine

I'm a victim of too much red light on the balls. The problem is that it feels good and there is no feedback mechanism to know when to stop! The itchiness is finally subsiding. Very odd, it looks like sunburn but doesn't feel burnt. Moderate to severe itchiness that only gets worse when rubbing/scratching the testes. I shined the light on my testes for maybe like 2-3 minutes every day for 5 days. I held the light 2-3 inches from my ballsack.
That is holding the light way to close if its from RedLightMan. These lights are powerful. You probably want 30-40 cm away for about 25 seconds so you get around 1 J/cm^2 dosage.

Fractality

That is holding the light way to close if its from RedLightMan. These lights are powerful. You probably want 30-40 cm away for about 25 seconds so you get around 1 J/cm^2 dosage.

It's the one from the lifegivingstore which is equivalent to the redlightman mini. I should also clarify that it wasn't 2-3 minutes nonstop. I would shine it fon my balls for a minute, and then shine the light elsewhere, then back to my balls for another minute, etc.

Constatine

It's the one from the lifegivingstore which is equivalent to the redlightman mini. I should also clarify that it wasn't 2-3 minutes nonstop. I would shine it fon my balls for a minute, and then shine the light elsewhere, then back to my balls for another minute, etc.
Ok, do you know what your dosage would have been? I don't know quite when the biphastic dose response kicks in but most sources say around 10 J/cm^2 it starts having an inhibitory effect.

Fractality

Ok, do you know what your dosage would have been? I don't know quite when the biphastic dose response kicks in but most sources say around 10 J/cm^2 it starts having an inhibitory effect.

Probably 150-200m-W/cm² but I'm not sure if that answers that.

Fractality

Thats pretty high. If you did that for 1 minute it would be 12 J/cm^2. So you are already over the dosage right there.

Good to know, thanks. When you say it has inhibitory effect, what do you mean? Inhibiting what exactly?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
J/cm^2 is an energy density per area, it is has no meaning in reference to a continuous power output.

To go from watts to joules, you need time, there has to be a time reference in the formula, like this…

Watt = Joules per Second (W=J/S)

W = J/S - J is a unit of energy, W is a unit of power. (joules per second per cm^2)

Also a milliwatt is 1/1000 of a watt, you will need to convert to milliwatts for the light power specifications offered by the manufacture.

With that said there is no human studies showing biphasic dose response for light in the visible spectrum, 600nm -700nm (orange/red wavelengths.) Me and many others use the same light your using for 4-8 min at a time, 0-4” from skin on the testes with excellent results. Red light man recommends 2-20 min depending on distance and power in those wavelengths on the testes.

The light can cause a detox reaction, the light greatly improves cellular respiration, that means there is going to be some serious cellular house cleaning going on. The testicles is a very sensitive area that is not use to much light or heat, some people do fine right form the start, others need to go slowly until your body adjusts.

Also important not to use any lotions, creams or scented unnatural soaps on your skin, the light/heat could react with the chemicals and cause a rash.

Sucrates

In experiment 1 rams were induced to testicular degeneration by scrotal insulation. Then they were treated using LLLT at 28 J/cm2 or 56 J/cm2 energy densities. Biostimulatory effect was observed at 28 J/cm2 presented smaller proportion of lumen area and less degeneration degree.

In the second study, rams were submitted or not to scrotal insulation and treated or not by the best protocol of LLLT defined by experiment 1 (28 J/cm2). In this study were evaluated sperm kinetics, morphology, membranes integrity, ROS production, and DNA integrity. Testosterone serum concentration and proportion of lumen area in seminiferous tubule were also analyzed.

In experiment 2, there was no difference between the groups . In addition, LLLT did not improve sperm quality, and there was a decreasing for total and progressive motility and integrity of sperm membranes in LLLT-treated groups. Moreover, testosterone concentration was not improved by LLLT . Stimulation of aerobic phosphorylation by LLLT may have led to a deregulated increase in ROS leading to sperm damages.

LLLT at energy of 28 J/cm2 (808 nm of wavelength and 30 mW of power output) can induce sperm damages and increase the quantity of cells in seminiferous tubule in rams.

Low-level laser therapy to recovery testicular degeneration in rams: effects on seminal characteristics, scrotal temperature, plasma testosterone concentration, and testes histopathology

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
In experiment 1 rams were induced to testicular degeneration by scrotal insulation. Then they were treated using LLLT at 28 J/cm2 or 56 J/cm2 energy densities. Biostimulatory effect was observed at 28 J/cm2 presented smaller proportion of lumen area and less degeneration degree.

In the second study, rams were submitted or not to scrotal insulation and treated or not by the best protocol of LLLT defined by experiment 1 (28 J/cm2). In this study were evaluated sperm kinetics, morphology, membranes integrity, ROS production, and DNA integrity. Testosterone serum concentration and proportion of lumen area in seminiferous tubule were also analyzed.

In experiment 2, there was no difference between the groups . In addition, LLLT did not improve sperm quality, and there was a decreasing for total and progressive motility and integrity of sperm membranes in LLLT-treated groups. Moreover, testosterone concentration was not improved by LLLT . Stimulation of aerobic phosphorylation by LLLT may have led to a deregulated increase in ROS leading to sperm damages.

LLLT at energy of 28 J/cm2 (808 nm of wavelength and 30 mW of power output) can induce sperm damages and increase the quantity of cells in seminiferous tubule in rams.

Low-level laser therapy to recovery testicular degeneration in rams: effects on seminal characteristics, scrotal temperature, plasma testosterone concentration, and testes histopathology

This study has been sited several times already on the forum, they are using ram testes with lasers and infrared wavelengths (808 nm), we are using light emitting diodes (LED) and visible light 600 nm - 700 nm. I have many times in many threads expressed my concern about using the infrared spectrums and have often talked about the difference in safety between lasers and light emitting diodes. The LED lights we are talking about are in the visible light range and is having a completely different effect then this study.

"Thus, LLLT at energy of 28 J/cm2 (808 nm of wavelength and 30 mW of power output) can induce sperm damages and increase the quantity of cells in seminiferous tubule in rams."

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Cells absorb and utilize different wavelengths in very different ways, the infrared spectrum is quickly absorb and dispersed by water molecules, this can cause overheating of tissue.

The visible orange/red spectrum 600 nm - 700 nm has very positive effect on cellular functioning, it enhances mitochondrial respiration.

“Our results showed that the LLLT using a 670-nm diode laser was effective in increasing serum T level without causing any visible histopathological side effects to the tissue. Thus the low level laser therapy may be an alternative treatment modality for conventional types of testosterone replacement therapy.”

“Despite a higher rate of tissue penetration, however, serum T level was significantly increased in the 808 nm wavelength group. In the 670 nm wavelength group, serum T level also significantly increased the testosterone levels at the same intensity of 360 J/cm /day. On histopathological examination, there were no definite changes in the 670 nm wavelength group. In the 808 nm wavelength group, there were such findings as an atrophy of the seminiferous tubules, disarrangement of sertoli cells, generation of giant multinucleated bodies and other deformities.”

This study shows the beneficial effects of visible light (670 nm) on rat testes compared to negative effects of infrared light (808 nm)

http://www.alliedacademies.org/arti...elevatingserum-testosterone-level-in-rats.pdf

Sucrates

This study has been sited several times already on the forum, they are using ram testes with lasers and infrared wavelengths (808 nm), we are using light emitting diodes (LED) and visible light 600 nm - 700 nm. I have many times in many threads expressed my concern about using the infrared spectrums and have often talked about the difference in safety between lasers and light emitting diodes. The LED lights we are talking about are in the visible light range and is having a completely different effect then this study."

I think you're massively overestimating the difference between red and near infrared and the differences between light sources. It's simply a matter of needing a little more power to do the same damage with red. Most of the discussions using red on these forums have been using a hell of a lot more power then 30mW.

People should be very cautious about posts on this forum and elsewhere blindly advocating dosing high amounts of red light on sensitive tissues.

I also think that the theory given by the study is much more likely to be correct than your assertion.

"Stimulation of aerobic phosphorylation by LLLT may have led to a deregulated increase in ROS leading to sperm damages."

Heat damage at 30mW seems extremely unlikely.

"The visible orange/red spectrum 600 nm - 700 nm has very positive effect on cellular functioning, it enhances mitochondrial respiration."

"Stimulation of aerobic phosphorylation by LLLT may have led to a deregulated increase in ROS leading to sperm damages."

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I think you're massively overestimating the difference between red and near infrared and the differences between light sources. It's simply a matter of needing a little more power to do the same damage with red. Most of the discussions using red on these forums have been using a hell of a lot more power then 30mW.

People should be very cautious about posts on this forum and elsewhere blindly advocating dosing high amounts of red light on sensitive tissues.

I also think that the theory given by the study is much more likely to be correct than your assertion.

Heat damage at 30mW seems extremely unlikely.

That was the point of my last post, there is a very big difference in effects between visible red and non visible infrared wavelengths, in the last study i posted, red 670nm had beneficial effects with no cell damage, but the 808 nm had negative effects, its not just about power, wavelength is the key factor.

Sucrates

That was the point of my last post, there is a very big difference in effects between visible red and non visible infrared wavelengths, in the last study i posted, red 670nm had beneficial effects with no cell damage, but the 808 nm had negative effects, its not just about power, wavelength is the key factor.

Do you know what is causing the damage?

DaveFoster

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals