Boys, Don't Toast Your Balls

tara

There is a reason they hang outside the body cavity.
Yup.
Would two 250w infared heat lamps cause this concern? They are what peat reccomenda himself...
I thought he recommended incandescents, not infrared specifically?
He's used and recommended them as lights to work under. Has he seriously recommended aiming them at the nuts? That would surprise me.
I reckon he's a lot more conservative, especially with the reproductives, than quite a lot of people here.

sladerunner69

Yup.

I thought he recommended incandescents, not infrared specifically?
He's used and recommended them as lights to work under. Has he seriously recommended aiming them at the nuts? That would surprise me.
I reckon he's a lot more conservative, especially with the reproductives, than quite a lot of people here.

I categorically agree, that doesn't sound quite like the Good Doctor Peat.. I'm not sure what hamster was referring to when he said peat "recommended" heat lamps for use on the testicles. Actually I thought maybe he had a sardonic tone. He didn't cite an email exchange. That is why I asked him for clarification.

And I believe all heat lamps are inherently infared, because the marketed function of those are to give off heat for warmth, typically installed on a ceiling in a bathroom. Peat does recommend them though. Apparently the infared wavelength itself has benefits, I am just trying tog et to the bottom of any potential safety concerns using them close range for an hour a day long term :lightbulb:

tara

And I believe all heat lamps are inherently infared, because the marketed function of those are to give off heat for warmth, typically installed on a ceiling in a bathroom.
It's true that a heat lamp will give off infrared, but the incandescent ones radiate a fair bit of visible light too - they look warm white - whereas lamps that are dedicated infrared tend to show little visible light, and that just at the red end of the visible spectrum.

In terms of safety, I'm in favour of not overheating, and specifically protecting the balls from overheating, since they are particularly sensitive to it. But my take would be that doesn't mean the lights aren't safe for reasonable use, just not to over do it by having them too close for too long.

Sucrates

Would two 250w infared heat lamps cause this concern? They are what peat reccomenda himself...

It depends on the distance. Due to the fact that they produce more heat at lower intensity than red or infrared they would be relatively more dangerous. I wouldn't use them on testicles or thyroid.

Sucrates

This has been discussed before. The dose (360 J/cm) is extremely high and the wavelength is infrared, not visible light in the range of 620-670 which is what people is been using lately in the forum.

This thread is about a 100W light. What is the actual treatment intensity? The intensity is a factor somewhat separate from "dose". Enough intensity in red should produce similar effects to a lower intensity in IR.

Wagner83

Imo with the red light mini if you start by using it close to the testicles while the bulb is not hot yet you can get away with a few minutes without heating them too much.

OP
ecstatichamster
I categorically agree, that doesn't sound quite like the Good Doctor Peat.. I'm not sure what hamster was referring to when he said peat "recommended" heat lamps for use on the testicles. Actually I thought maybe he had a sardonic tone. He didn't cite an email exchange. That is why I asked him for clarification.

And I believe all heat lamps are inherently infared, because the marketed function of those are to give off heat for warmth, typically installed on a ceiling in a bathroom. Peat does recommend them though. :lightbulb:

I was kidding. You got it. Pest recommmended the incandescent lights exposed to as much skin as possible during the day. I don’t think testicles were envisioned as a target tissue.

sladerunner69

I was kidding. You got it. Pest recommmended the incandescent lights exposed to as much skin as possible during the day. I don’t think testicles were envisioned as a target tissue.

Alright thanks then.

And yep, the only person having visions of targeting testicular tissue is Adam Sandler while writing/directing his films.

TripleOG

Using a 12W 660nm LED grow light at a distance that supplies a ~40mW/cm2 power density, I've experienced nothing but positives when used for an average of 3-5minutes/session. Increased libido, increased ejaculate volume, and greatly reduced refractory period (when used post-orgasm) were the most noticeable. Curious to see how hormones are affected.

Not with the 200mW study again...

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Using a 12W 660nm at a distance that supplies a ~40mW/cm2 power density, I've experienced nothing but positives when used for an average of 3-5minutes/session. Increased libido, increased ejaculate volume, and greatly reduced refractory period (when used post-orgasm) were the most noticeable. Curious to see how hormones are affected.

:lol::lol::lol:

That says more than words :ss

TripleOG

Also, there's another Rat study using a 660nm 50mW laser for 10 seconds (4J/cm2) and 30 seconds (12J/cm2) per day over 5 days. Testosterone and LH were tested.

No significant changes in Test. LH lowered in 12/jcm2 group:
Tpo6FfN.png

And damage among tissue in the 12J/cm2 group:
Kb20OUC.png

Histopathological examination of testis tissue stained
with H & E day at 200x magnification.

A - right testis, control.

B and C -right testis exposed to 4 joules, notice the compact seminiferous tubule walls and complete spermatogenesis.

D and E - right testis exposed to 12 joules, notice the vacuolation in seminiferous tubule walls and the congestion with thromboses in interstitial tissue.

F -magnification of seminiferous tubule wall exposed to 12 joules, notice the degeneration of spermatocytes (arrows).

http://www.journalijar.com/uploads/814_IJAR-4560.pdf

For those leaning on that 200mW rat study to justify high doses of 660nm.

These are very powerful lasers, however, and damage could be from overheating. How does that explain the damage in this study when a dose 30x greater in the 200mW study had no tissue change?

Sucrates

Also, there's another Rat study using a 660nm 50mW laser for 10 seconds (4J/cm2) and 30 seconds (12J/cm2) per day over 5 days. Testosterone and LH were tested.

No significant changes in Test. LH lowered in 12/jcm2 group:
Tpo6FfN.png

And damage among tissue in the 12J/cm2 group:
Kb20OUC.png

http://www.journalijar.com/uploads/814_IJAR-4560.pdf

For those leaning on that 200mW rat study to justify high doses of 660nm.

These are very powerful lasers, however, and damage could be from overheating. How does that explain the damage in this study when a dose 30x greater in the 200mW study had no tissue change?

Very interesting.

First thing I would do would be to compare aperture size in both studies. It could be that smaller aperture focuses more energy on some cells, or that larger aperture produces more heat in an area closer to the light source. (Could be some other factor, too late in the day for me to go digging into studies)

x-ray peat

Using a 12W 660nm LED grow light at a distance that supplies a ~40mW/cm2 power density, I've experienced nothing but positives when used for an average of 3-5minutes/session. Increased libido, increased ejaculate volume, and greatly reduced refractory period (when used post-orgasm) were the most noticeable. Curious to see how hormones are affected.
now this is why I read this forum. nice scientific work:)

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Imo with the red light mini if you start by using it close to the testicles while the bulb is not hot yet you can get away with a few minutes without heating them too much.

Exactly, if it does not feel good holding on your testes then hold the light farther away, for me and others i know personally the light on the testes has been great but everyone is different you have to experiment, if everyone turns this in to fear thing its going to miss helping a lot of people...

Last edited:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
It's true that a heat lamp will give off infrared, but the incandescent ones radiate a fair bit of visible light too - they look warm white - whereas lamps that are dedicated infrared tend to show little visible light, and that just at the red end of the visible spectrum.

In terms of safety, I'm in favour of not overheating, and specifically protecting the balls from overheating, since they are particularly sensitive to it. But my take would be that doesn't mean the lights aren't safe for reasonable use, just not to over do it by having them too close for too long.

Lets try not to mix up different types of light therapy, the bright incandescent and heat lamps can be good but they are not doing the same thing as photobiomodulation, holding the spectrum tuned LED lights close to your body has a positive effect on mitochondrial functioning, too much or too little is not effective, each person needs to learn more about this, not just feed each others fears, visible spectrum orange /red 600 nm to 700 nm LED lights are very safe to experiment with.

Last edited:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
After hearing the feed back using light on the testes i think a more reasonable approach would be to start with the light 4"- 6" from testes, for 3-8 min, less time or much farther away is going to quickly lose effectiveness. If feels ok do every other day for a while then decide if it feels good to do everyday, a person on another thread reported very good results holding light 6" from testes, and if you really don't feel comfortable then for sure don't do photobiomodulation on your testes. The open eyes i find to be the most helpful along with areas on the abdomen.

I regards to heat on the testes i posted before my thoughts that there is limits of course, but some of the longest living cultures on the planet soak frequently in hot water 104-112 degrees, 40-44 celsius. I have visited communities of people living near natural hot springs they soak in almost every day from when young, they are the most healthy people in their regions.

Nice title for the thread, I love you ecstatichamster but you are a rabble-rouser!

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I feel its important to stress again the importance of not mixing light bulb/heat lamp therapy with LED photobiomodulation.

Incandescent light bulbs are great for indoor lighting, and using bright incandescent light bulbs near the body will warm you up and offer some benefits, but it is still mostly infrared light. Incandescent light bulbs emit 10% visible light and 90% infrared light, as long as the lights/heat lamp are kept 3-4 feet from the body they are safe, they offer thermal heat and the longer wavelengths of the infrared spectrum are absorb readily by water so your tissue will warm up some, this is exactly why i feel infrared wavelengths should not be used in photobiomodulation where the strong focused LED light is held close to the body.

“A heat lamp is an incandescent light bulb that is used for the principal purpose of creating heat. The spectrum of black body radiation emitted by the lamp is shifted to produce more infrared light. Many heat lamps include a red filter to minimize the amount of visible light emitted. Heat lamps often include an internal reflector.”

In photobiomodulation the shorter wavelengths of orange/red spectrums are not absorbed well by water molecules so they are much more bioactive, the light photons make it in to the cells.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals