Boxing As A Form Of Exercize

amethyst

What would Ray say?

Thinking about starting some boxing as a form of exercise as it just looks like so much kick **** fun.

OP
A

amethyst

Sure its good

Maybe you will lose some fat
And look better
Maybe
Is it good for developing some muscle if you are a female? For toning and sculpting? I already do some free weights but I get bored with that.

Its good for strong core
Which is the base of muscles

Its good by activating our power house

If i was a girl
I would focus on boxing
Pilates is amazing for life

Did u try pilates?

OP
A

amethyst

Its good for strong core
Which is the base of muscles

Its good by activating our power house

If i was a girl
I would focus on boxing
Pilates is amazing for life

Did u try pilates?
Not really my thing....I like to move around a lot as a form of exercise instead of just siting on a pad.

L

lollipop

My friend loves kick boxing. She says it has helped her emotional state not to mention her physical. She said before she was a bit passive and this has given her a sense of the aggressive which balances out the two. She feels more powerful and in control...

OP
A

amethyst

My friend loves kick boxing. She says it has helped her emotional state not to mention her physical. She said before she was a bit passive and this has given her a sense of the aggressive which balances out the two. She feels more powerful and in control...
Love that Lisa! Seems like a lot of fun to beat the hell outta an inanimate object :D

T

tca300

When it comes to exercise, I think the best form for each individual is what is the most enjoyable. If boxing is enjoyable to you, then its probably beneficial. Its concentric only which is great. The only negative I can think of is the potential joint injuries from the constant impact ( wrist, knuckles, shoulders, and to a lesser extent, elbows. )

OP
A

amethyst

When it comes to exercise, I think the best form for each individual is what is the most enjoyable. If boxing is enjoyable to you, then its probably beneficial. Its concentric only which is great. The only negative I can think of is the potential joint injuries from the constant impact ( wrist, knuckles, shoulders, and to a lesser extent, elbows. )
Well I've never done it but I have a fitness place near me that is all about the boxing sooo....I think I'm gonna like it :)I mean, the gloves protect you from injury I am guessing?

paymanz

If you keep your body relax throughout training and focus on rhythm/balance then it becomes very beneficial both mentally and physically.

Focusing on foot work and using bigger muscles(butts)rather than smaller ones(calves) to move, makes it so enjoyable ,similar to dancing! :)

paymanz

Well I've never done it but I have a fitness place near me that is all about the boxing sooo....I think I'm gonna like it :)I mean, the gloves protect you from injury I am guessing?
Other than using gloves learn to wrap your hand good,that protects your joints.

Always wrap your hands.

Last edited:
Wooow

So when youre going to start

Im waitng to hearfrom u if its good

Because i start getting bored from street fighting classes

Are yoy gonna tell us ?

Kyle M

I do some boxing, it's great but don't get into a situation where people are using your head as a training tool. You should feel comfortable with sparring partners, if they are hitting you harder than you like that's a problem. On the flip side, a lot of gyms have bad teachers who never do any live sparring and don't really know what they're talking about.

For women though, bjj is the best martial art. Great full body workout, and the best self defense. Also very low head damage, and you can do it into old age.

OP
A

amethyst

If you keep your body relax throughout training and focus on rhythm/balance then it becomes very beneficial both mentally and physically.

Focusing on foot work and using bigger muscles(butts)rather than smaller ones(calves) to move, makes it so enjoyable ,similar to dancing! :)
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" kinda thing? :DI think I can do that. That's a good analogy, dancing. I'm just looking forward to whacking the hell out of that bag :lol: but I can do the footwork too.

OP
A

amethyst

Wooow

So when youre going to start

Im waitng to hearfrom u if its good

Because i start getting bored from street fighting classes

Are yoy gonna tell us ?
ASAP, right after the new year. Fun new years resolution.
I do some boxing, it's great but don't get into a situation where people are using your head as a training tool. You should feel comfortable with sparring partners, if they are hitting you harder than you like that's a problem. On the flip side, a lot of gyms have bad teachers who never do any live sparring and don't really know what they're talking about.

For women though, bjj is the best martial art. Great full body workout, and the best self defense. Also very low head damage, and you can do it into old age.
Oh I don't think I'll be doing any sparring. Don't want to be hit in the face :wideyed: I just want to develop some upper body strength, hit the bag, hit the ball/bag thingy that hangs down from the ceiling type of thing :pWhatever you call it. Work up a good sweat.

Kyle M

Oh I don't think I'll be doing any sparring. Don't want to be hit in the face :wideyed: I just want to develop some upper body strength, hit the bag, hit the ball/bag thingy that hangs down from the ceiling type of thing :pWhatever you call it. Work up a good sweat.
If you're just doing it for exercise, there are better ways to work out those muscles. It is fun to hit the bags though, so that's at least a good reason to try it. You might be surprised when you see very light sparring.

paymanz

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" kinda thing? :DI think I can do that. That's a good analogy, dancing. I'm just looking forward to whacking the hell out of that bag :lol: but I can do the footwork too.
Poor bag! :D:handfist:

Those things I explained applies to every movements,not only boxing,I found it very helpful for my nervous system personally.

Very purely concentric movement like heart beats.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals