Bowel Movements

Jsaute21

@jaywills I at most work out twice a week. I went so hard for so long that i truly feel it unwise to go any more then that for probably at least another year.

Bartman5

I have struggled with constipation for a few years on and off. Will give some of the advice in this thread a go.

Birdie

My husband has developed constipation. I've just sent him Ray's constipation article from the link in an early comment here. Also, gonna send Charlie's comment that was very descriptive.

He's increased starch these past couple of months. Sourdough white and short grain white rice.

He had skipped the raw carrot for a couple of years, but started back several months ago, after he'd been constipated for a while. He was doing better when we had popcorn at night. Don't really want to go back to that, but it might be a good emergency measure for now.

He claims that only lots of liquid helps him. Otherwise stool is pebbles...

Birdie

TMI alert below! Like seriously I am gonna talk about poo in detail.

I think it was Peatarian who once said that Ray Peat said that poo should not have any form. It should be soft and formless. Like a cow poops, it just flops on the ground in a pile, with no form or no logs, for the most part.

So, I am under the impression that any kind of form to anyones poop, like a log form, would indicate constipation. When I hit the dose just right with the cascara, I go to the bathroom, in one swift movement, all the poo comes out and just falls into a patty, no logs, just a soft pile of poo. I call them man pattys, and they can be pretty darn huge, like block the toilet and call for help type huge. :rolling There is no waiting around for more poo to come, because its pretty much all came out in one swift motion. And I feel incredibly good after one of these kinds of poo's, clear even. Also, its not liquidy like diarrhea, its just soft, without form. You can tell when you have had too much cascara, it will give to many rumbles in the tummy, and when you poo you will have water coming out with it and I dont think this is what you want.

Man patty club in da house. :)
Sent this to husband. Thanks charlie!

check out magnesium honestly the peat diet S U C K S for magnesium, as does any diet to be honest with you, but it's the reason why peat makes his coffee really dark, like more dark than normal, really concentrated for the magnesium.. see if dark chocolate helps u, like eat a bar a day for like 2 days or something, or make your coffee darker, maybe it will work..

have u checked your prolactin?

Birdie

check out magnesium honestly the peat diet S U C K S for magnesium, as does any diet to be honest with you, but it's the reason why peat makes his coffee really dark, like more dark than normal, really concentrated for the magnesium.. see if dark chocolate helps u, like eat a bar a day for like 2 days or something, or make your coffee darker, maybe it will work..

have u checked your prolactin?
Thanks for the help. Husband uses magnesium glycinate. He was eating chocolate, but has cut back. I just got him a chocolate Easter Bunny today and thanks because chocolate really helps and I forgot all about that! I don't remember why he stopped eating it. I used to buy him chocolate bars, but he stopped wanting them. (And constipation is post chocolate.)

Husband drinks only one mug of coffee, dark with cream. I found out a week ago, he'd not been putting sugar in it! Zooks, I know he was using it a couple of years ago. He's consented to use one lump of sugar in it. He does drink about 3 mugs of black tea (with milk!) also.

Birdie

I have struggled with constipation for a few years on and off. Will give some of the advice in this thread a go.
Any luck?

Unpopular opinion but a basic salt + water enema with a couple of minutes of jogging in place & kneading the intestines (while retaining water) is... Extremely useful to say the least.