Both THC And CBD Are Shown To Reduce Estrogen Levels And Block Estrogen Effects

OP
kayumochi

kayumochi

Interesting. Am I correct that RP has said it is "estrogenic" in the past?

I had a small brownie--first time in 10+ years a few weeks ago. I didn't notice any effects I would call estrogenic. Not that that proves jack.

I have seen indications over the years that cannabis might be estrogenic, whether it was comments about "moobies" or more rarely a comment that seemed to have some relationship to science, but there hasn't been much research into the cannabis - estrogen connection ...

Greg says

Interesting. Am I correct that RP has said it is "estrogenic" in the past?

I had a small brownie--first time in 10+ years a few weeks ago. I didn't notice any effects I would call estrogenic. Not that that proves jack.

'[CBD] It can probably be helpful for lowering nitric oxide in some situations, but there’s some evidence that it increases prostaglandins, which could be harmful in a person whose tissues have a lot of PUFA. The acidic form, CBDA, seems likely to be more broadly protective.' - Ray Peat

'Cannabis is antiandrogenic or estrogenic, but it can be protective in some situations.' - Ray Peat

He also says the smoke is oestrogenic. I personally find weed anti-androgenic, even when I vape. But I do tend to binge on it until i can feel my mental health decline.

managing

'[CBD] It can probably be helpful for lowering nitric oxide in some situations, but there’s some evidence that it increases prostaglandins, which could be harmful in a person whose tissues have a lot of PUFA. The acidic form, CBDA, seems likely to be more broadly protective.' - Ray Peat

'Cannabis is antiandrogenic or estrogenic, but it can be protective in some situations.' - Ray Peat

He also says the smoke is oestrogenic. I personally find weed anti-androgenic, even when I vape. But I do tend to binge on it until i can feel my mental health decline.
Thanks. I have to say that the brownie I had a few weeks ago was quite pleasant. Just happy, relaxed, outgoing. Nothing "stoned" feeling as I recall it. I am sure this has something to do with the dose. But when I used to smoke many years ago, I found even one hit made me "stoned". Maybe I just bought good stuff ;-).

OP
kayumochi

kayumochi

I'd did small amounts of edibles (illegally) almost daily over a three year period that ended just this spring, taking it at bedtime. It was nothing but beneficial.

Fractality

This is purely subjective but I have a lot of experience with cannabis and it definitely has an anti-androgenic feel even at non-chronic use patterns.

DaveFoster

I have seen indications over the years that cannabis might be estrogenic, whether it was comments about "moobies" or more rarely a comment that seemed to have some relationship to science, but there hasn't been much research into the cannabis - estrogen connection ...
Cannabis stimulates the appetite and pleasure centers, so people gravitate toward foods that taste good, often junk food. Further, people in lower socioeconomic brackets tend to smoke cannabis, so they buy cheaper food, and that's what they have on hand when they snack. Since cannabis reduces motivation, it's understandable to predict increased consumption of cheap and easy food (such as fast food).

If cannabis increases your appetite enough to consume 50% extra calories, that entails 50% more PUFA, and in PUFA-laden snacks, this can be detrimental and precipitate a host of inflammatory reactions earlier in life.

managing

Cannabis stimulates the appetite and pleasure centers, so people gravitate toward foods that taste good, often junk food. Further, people in lower socioeconomic brackets tend to smoke cannabis, so they buy cheaper food, and that's what they have on hand when they snack. Since cannabis reduces motivation, it's understandable to predict increased consumption of cheap and easy food (such as fast food).

If cannabis increases your appetite enough to consume 50% extra calories, that entails 50% more PUFA, and in PUFA-laden snacks, this can be detrimental and precipitate a host of inflammatory reactions earlier in life.
That connection definitely occurred to me. The edible was interesting in that it didn't seem to stimulate my appetite at all. Smoking definitely did, and as a poor graduate student, it led to the behaviors you speculate on above.

This officially becomes legal for recreation Jan 1, so may have to experiment a bit further with edibles . . .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals