Boswellia Extract: Anti-Inflammatory; TNF- Alpha, 5-lox, Il-1 Inhibitor

High_Prob

OP
O

Owen B

I am currently trialing Boswellia AKBA from Pure Encapsulations which is the same active ingredient (3-acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid) but it's standardized to 30% as opposed to 20%. I through it in the mix to keep 5-LOX under control. I feel no discernible effects but then again I am only half way through my first bottle and I don't take it everyday...
I'm going to try as many of these inflammatories as I can, including cyproheptadine, ketotifen but also the baicalein. I have to get serious about this skin condition.

But as far as feeling effects, I have no idea what to expect. I'm thinking just get some of these substances in my system for the long run and see if some of these symptoms lessen. As long as I don't get bad reactions I'll keep at it. I'm guessing it takes a long time to get significant changes of any kind.

Dave Clark

When I am having any inflammatory issues I do a mix of Apres-Flex, Tart Cherry, Black seed oil, Mega GLA, Super CriticalCo2 Ginger, Mg oil, and whatever I can think of that is anti-inflammatory, oh yeah, curcumin, too. So, I think the 5-lox inhibitor is an important part of the mix.

Kray

I'm going to try as many of these inflammatories as I can, including cyproheptadine, ketotifen but also the baicalein. I have to get serious about this skin condition.

But as far as feeling effects, I have no idea what to expect. I'm thinking just get some of these substances in my system for the long run and see if some of these symptoms lessen. As long as I don't get bad reactions I'll keep at it. I'm guessing it takes a long time to get significant changes of any kind.
@ Owen B

Can you give an update? Do you continue to take Boswellia? What brand? How is your skin? What seems to help the most?