Boron Is The ***t

Mauritio

Any updates on boron ?

dukesbobby777

For me, unfortunately, there is everything boring about boron. It has no noticeable effects. I probably already get adequate amounts from the old diet.

Last edited:

Lumalux

I read somewhere that a guy experienced restored hair on his legs due to andropause using boron and zinc. That is what I am trying to do now. Had hairy legs until sometime in my 40s when I lost all of it on the backs of my calves and thinning on lower legs. This is NOT due to socks or pants because I haven't worn pants or socks in over a year. I see this same hair loss pattern on most older guys. I am 55 and otherwise healthy though I eat too much sugar and carbs.

Krigeren

Anyone still using boron?

I just started 4 days ago, only 6mg per day of the NOW brand. Libido effects were noticeable after a couple of days. Also long term shoulder tendinosis pain has improved (it has probably led to bone deformities in the area, if I had to guess) but I've also resumed "heavy" lifting recently, and just getting blood into the area may be all/most/part of the relief from that. But still most of the improvement has been since I started using it. Today was markedly better.

From the research I've done, I believe that depleted soil has probably led to deficiency in most areas of the world and some boron may be required for complete health since they have identified enzymatic processes that depend on it.

Especially interested in the effects it might have on the parathyroid / PTH -- that could explain some or a lot of its benefit (?).

After I've replenished, I think I will just try a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement that contains 2mg or so of boron per day.

Earlier in this thread, @BearWithMe mentioned he has been taking it for over 4 years now. I wonder if he could chime in here if he's still taking it, what form, etc?

P

pineywoodrooter

I tried it a few years ago and got estrogenic side effects after about a week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals