Boosting Dopamine While Using Dopamine Antagonist With Mucuna Pruriens Please Help

TreasureVibe

Hi everyone, to combat the horrific dopamine antagonizing effects of Risperidone that I'm using I would like to use mucuna pruriens.

Will this help while using the risperidone and what are other ways of boosting dopamine while using risperidone?

Thank you!

Kunstruct

I must say Risperidone is a serious drug, not sure if anyone should come in and tell how to negate it's effects on various receptors as there must be some reason why you were on it in the first place.
Will using mucuna pruriens help you? Maybe it will do you more harm. The problem is on this forum many possible negative side effects of the so called "good stuff" are pretty much ignored and all is talked about as in a positive-only perspective, if you use something praised and get a negative reaction you either will be ignored or told that you have a poor diet. For example some say use gelatin grams after grams, if someone gets brain fog from it no one is going to even care to even find an explanation as to why that is happening to you (most likely you will be blamed as not using enough carbs, and if you do use enough cards you are again ignored).

Since this drug works at receptor level, not sure if using mucuna pruriens which is supposed to contain L-Dopa is going to reverse things, I guess one would have to speculate and guess a lot and then say it like it would be some fact. After all it is not working at receptor level if we are to think it is just a L-dopa source.

How is your prolactin and cortisol after using this drug as it antagonizes D2 receptor on a serious level, it does not block dopamine production or degrade dopamine fast, but I assume you already know this.

Kingpinguin

Hi everyone, to combat the horrific dopamine antagonizing effects of Risperidone that I'm using I would like to use mucuna pruriens.

Will this help while using the risperidone and what are other ways of boosting dopamine while using risperidone?

Thank you!

Hi!

May I ask why you are using this drug? You realize that taking a drug then trying to block it. Its like then why are you gonna take it? The get to the subject I don’t think it’s possible to block it effectivly. Maybe drugs like buspiron/wellbutrin can help or something like bromantane. But honestly if I was you I would switch out the drug. If its the serotonin antagonistic, histamine antagonistic and andrenaline antagonism you are looking for without that extreme dopamine inhibition then cyphroheptadine would be a much better option. Cyphroheptadine has a bit of dopamine inhibition aswell but not even close to resperidon. And you could combine it with bromantane. Bromantane works by long term increasing tyrosine hydroxylase. That means more dopamine will get synthesized from tyrosine. Most people on reddit write fantastic stuff about bromantane. Manys favorite. Its not addictive and you can drop it when ever you want without and symptoms or side effects.

Kunstruct

Many people report sleeping for over 10 hours on Cypro (14hours some), yet me even using 2 mg, I do not sleep anyway more than I sleep regularly and so is happening to a friend too.
And I am not the only one who doesn't get the massive sleeps from Cypro, actually even less sleep than regular, so be careful with how many get so many good results with something, as so many others' experience is completely ignored if it does not arbitrary fit what one wants.

Kingpinguin

Many people report sleeping for over 10 hours on Cypro (14hours some), yet me even using 2 mg, I do not sleep anyway more than I sleep regularly and so is happening to a friend too.
And I am not the only one who doesn't get the massive sleeps from Cypro, actually even less sleep than regular, so be careful with how many get so many good results with something, as so many others' experience is completely ignored if it does not arbitrary fit what one wants.

yes I don’t get sleepy from cyphro either. Which imo is good. Up to 2mg and I don’t feel much difference actually. When I take 4mg. Yes then I get very tired. But cyphro is not recommended above 1mg around here I think. It becomes to antagonistic of dopamine in higher doses. But cyphroheptadine vs resperidon you get much less side effects from cyphro. Drugs like resperidon can basically induce parkinsonism. I would advice the OP if he can find a better alternative to do so.

Kunstruct

yes I don’t get sleepy from cyphro either. Which imo is good. Up to 2mg and I don’t feel much difference actually. When I take 4mg. Yes then I get very tired. But cyphro is not recommended above 1mg around here I think. It becomes to antagonistic of dopamine in higher doses. But cyphroheptadine vs resperidon you get much less side effects from cyphro. Drugs like resperidon can basically induce parkinsonism. I would advice the OP if he can find a better alternative to do so.

I usually do 1mg actually and I have used it only sporadically for around 10 times so far, so not not months of use, maybe in such case it would be different.
All my experience is with topical Cypro, not the oral pills like some have used.
It can cause parkinson, and like I was saying I am very curious how is prolactin with such serious D2 receptor antagonist, it can easily cause hyperprolactinemia and other related issues.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Hi!

May I ask why you are using this drug? You realize that taking a drug then trying to block it. Its like then why are you gonna take it? The get to the subject I don’t think it’s possible to block it effectivly. Maybe drugs like buspiron/wellbutrin can help or something like bromantane. But honestly if I was you I would switch out the drug. If its the serotonin antagonistic, histamine antagonistic and andrenaline antagonism you are looking for without that extreme dopamine inhibition then cyphroheptadine would be a much better option. Cyphroheptadine has a bit of dopamine inhibition aswell but not even close to resperidon. And you could combine it with bromantane. Bromantane works by long term increasing tyrosine hydroxylase. That means more dopamine will get synthesized from tyrosine. Most people on reddit write fantastic stuff about bromantane. Manys favorite. Its not addictive and you can drop it when ever you want without and symptoms or side effects.
Past psychosis. According to @haidut the dopamine serotonin imbalance hypothesis is incorrect. So the dopamine antagonism is not needed. Mucuna pruriens helps somewhat but makes me feel queezy and stimulated. I don't have access to drugs just supplements and I can't switch meds.

Maybe I can switch though, I've read that seroquel doesn't antagonize dopamine at low dosage, from a forum user. What do you think?

Kingpinguin

Past psychosis. According to @haidut the dopamine serotonin imbalance hypothesis is incorrect. So the dopamine antagonism is not needed. Mucuna pruriens helps somewhat but makes me feel queezy and stimulated. I don't have access to drugs just supplements and I can't switch meds.

Maybe I can switch though, I've read that seroquel doesn't antagonize dopamine at low dosage, from a forum user. What do you think?

what country you live in? Im not sure about the mechanism of psychosis and similair neurological diseases. But looking at drugs that tends to display same kind of patterns in behaviour they are all psychedelics and mosy psychedelics act in the serotonin pathways. Likely many other neurotransmitter imbalances and imbalances of neurotransmitters in specific brain regions. But the overall idea of for example psychedelics is that they inhibit the brain capacity to narrow its focus. You have certain brain regions with different jobs to do. One region interprets seeing, one region interprets hearing, one is for logical thinking etc. These regions send information to each other so that the brain can experience the full picture of all the senses and your enviroment around you. When you take psychedelics these regulated communication pathways break and all your brain areas start to talk with each other in ways they never done before. So for example your hearing information gets sent to your seeing. Thats how synesthesia works (some people can see music in colours). And thats probably what happens in a psychosis aswell. Your brain signals get scrambled so you see stuff that you might be hearing. You get mixed input to your logical thinking and you’re having a hard time to make sense of it all. Since psychedelics who do this tends to be mainly serotonin driven agonists I think its defo involved in psychosis. Dopamine I believe is the opposite since it promotes wakefull focus and reinforces the accurate signalling pathways of the brain and proper communication.
Serotonin is a helplessness hormone. It makes you give up easily and accept your faith. One of the strongest serotonin agonists is actually DMT which we all have stored inside us. The DMT experienced they have analyzed the pattern people tend to describe it. And its almost identical how people tend to describe a near death experience. My point is if DMT actually is what causes the mental escape into a dream world when they experience death. That would make sense since we know its so potent at stimulating serotonin. Serotonin makes you give up and when you die DMT acts on serotonin so strongly like a sort of protective agent from the death experience to help you cope with the fact that you’re about to die.

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

what country you live in? Im not sure about the mechanism of psychosis and similair neurological diseases. But looking at drugs that tends to display same kind of patterns in behaviour they are all psychedelics and mosy psychedelics act in the serotonin pathways. Likely many other neurotransmitter imbalances and imbalances of neurotransmitters in specific brain regions. But the overall idea of for example psychedelics is that they inhibit the brain capacity to narrow its focus. You have certain brain regions with different jobs to do. One region interprets seeing, one region interprets hearing, one is for logical thinking etc. These regions send information to each other so that the brain can experience the full picture of all the senses and your enviroment around you. When you take psychedelics these regulated communication pathways break and all your brain areas start to talk with each other in ways they never done before. So for example your hearing information gets sent to your seeing. Thats how synesthesia works (some people can see music in colours). And thats probably what happens in a psychosis aswell. Your brain signals get scrambled so you see stuff that you might be hearing. You get mixed input to your logical thinking and you’re having a hard time to make sense of it all. Since psychedelics who do this tends to be mainly serotonin driven agonists I think its defo involved in psychosis. Dopamine I believe is the opposite since it promotes wakefull focus and reinforces the accurate signalling pathways of the brain and proper communication.
I'm from the Netherlands. The risperidone is making me feel awful just horrific.

Kunstruct

What made you to have psychosis in the first place? Do you know?

Still check your prolactin levels after such drug.

Kingpinguin

I'm from the Netherlands. The risperidone is making me feel awful just horrific.

yes its for sure the dopamine antagonism. Why you say supplements is not an option in netherlands? Im sure you can find cyphroheptadine cheap to order or bromantane on the webb. Talk with your doctor tell him risperidone makes you feel to awfull. Try to get something that does not inhibit dopamine as much.

Kunstruct

Since this drugs affect H1 and H2 as a reverse agonist, there is much more to the story than Dopamine which can make one feel horrible.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

yes its for sure the dopamine antagonism. Why you say supplements is not an option in netherlands? Im sure you can find cyphroheptadine cheap to order or bromantane on the webb. Talk with your doctor tell him risperidone makes you feel to awfull. Try to get something that does not inhibit dopamine as much.
I have access to supplements and possibly cypro. Does seroquel inhibit dopamine?

Kunstruct

You want to raise dopamine as a chemical but these drugs are blocking the dopamine receptors, I hope you realize that.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

You want to raise dopamine as a chemical but these drugs are blocking the dopamine receptors, I hope you realize that.
So it wouldn't help taking mucuna pruriens?

Would niacinamide detox the risperidone's effect on the receptors?

Kunstruct

The role of the drug is to inhibit classic monoamine receptors, this mean it should do it no matter what you are eating (not sure if the drug makers thought about users of this drug supplementing with tyrosine and phenilalanine though). You can speculate the drug is not perfectly specific at antagonizing each and every dopamine receptor as perfect as the other receptor, but supposedly this drug is potent at inhibiting D2 which should mean you prolactin is very high since if that receptor gets inhibited porlactin should be released.
If you take mucuna pruriens you just add some L-Dopa to produce more Dopamine chemical with the two co-factors needed (Deca Decarboxylase and B6) for the L-Dopa to become Dopamine which then has to attach to it's specific receptors.
What other effects mucuna pruriens has at receptors that I do not know as it is only talked about it as being able to increase dopamine a a chemical, which as you should know can also go directly into noradrenaline and adrenaline since those two will be made from dopamine. If there are enough cofactors you could be hit with anxiety sooner or later.

Does mucunca even stimulate any receptor of dopamine? I have not seen this being talked about.
Serotonin is already theoretically inhibited already by this drug and so is H1 and H2 histamine receptors.

You should be careful what you take to not re-stimulate into the psychosis again.
As long as you take the drug pretty much all classic monomine receptors will be blocked (arbitrary word as they can't be all 100% blocked)

OP
T

TreasureVibe

The role of the drug is to inhibit classic monoamine receptors, this mean it should do it no matter what you are eating (not sure if the drug makers thought about users of this drug supplementing with tyrosine and phenilalanine though). You can speculate the drug is not perfectly specific at antagonizing each and every dopamine receptor as perfect as the other receptor, but supposedly this drug is potent at inhibiting D2 which should mean you prolactin is very high since if that receptor gets inhibited porlactin should be released.
If you take mucuna pruriens you just add some L-Dopa to produce more Dopamine chemical with the two co-factors needed (Deca Decarboxylase and B6) for the L-Dopa to become Dopamine which then has to attach to it's specific receptors.
What other effects mucuna pruriens has at receptors that I do not know as it is only talked about it as being able to increase dopamine a a chemical, which as you should know can also go directly into noradrenaline and adrenaline since those two will be made from dopamine. If there are enough cofactors you could be hit with anxiety sooner or later.

Does mucunca even stimulate any receptor of dopamine? I have not seen this being talked about.
Serotonin is already theoretically inhibited already by this drug and so is H1 and H2 histamine receptors.

You should be careful what you take to not re-stimulate into the psychosis again.
As long as you take the drug pretty much all classic monomine receptors will be blocked (arbitrary word as they can't be all 100% blocked)
So taking mucuna pruriens does not work is was I conclude from your post.

Is there anything that you can do to stop the effects of this horrendous drug?

Kingpinguin

So taking mucuna pruriens does not work is was I conclude from your post.

Is there anything that you can do to stop the effects of this horrendous drug?

@Kunstruct is right. Its like if you are playing fotball and your trying to score a goal. But theres a brickwall covering the goal. Well how are you gonna score a goal if the goal is blocked? Doesnt matter if you increase the amount of fotballs shoting at it. You wont make a goal. You get the point. I don’t think theres any good effective way of stopping the side effects. Your option is to switch to something better or another solution. Seroquel seems to bind much weaker on dopamine according to wiki but it still has all the side effects that risperidon and it will still lower dopamine. But seroquel unbinds itself from dopamine receptors also at a faster rate so i think changing to seroquel will improve symptoms alot.