Books On Thyroid

scarlettsmum

Just curious what is your opinion/ has anybody explored the books/info Stop the thyroid madness and book by Schwarzbein?
Anything useful there? Worth a read? How does it agree/not agree with RP?

Thanks!!

achillea

I found Stop the Thyroid Madness a bit confusing but there is always something to glean from a source such as this. Mark Starrs book is OK. Dr. Christiansons Thyroid for idiots is not so good in my estimation. I really like Recovering with T3.
All of these books get way into cortisol and increasing it which is strange and they emphasize iron. Have not read Schwarzbeins. Hope this helps.

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

I found Stop the Thyroid Madness a bit confusing but there is always something to glean from a source such as this. Mark Starrs book is OK. Dr. Christiansons Thyroid for idiots is not so good in my estimation. I really like Recovering with T3.
All of these books get way into cortisol and increasing it which is strange and they emphasize iron. Have not read Schwarzbeins. Hope this helps.

Thank you Achillea. I have looked at the stop the thyroid madness website and the author claims that the revised edition has a new layout which is apparently no longer confusing to read...

Peatful

I knew Ray Peat personally and I have written a book about how I overcame hypothyroidism using his health principles. The book contains an introduction to Dr. Ray Peat's advice on how to measure thyroid function and his guidance on thyroid medication and much more.

The book is available on Amazon, just search for the title:

"How I Overcame Hypothyroidism" or use this link:
https://pge.me/How-I-Overcame-Hypothyroidism-Kindle
Hello from the southern US-

How did you know Ray personally?