Book Suggestion: "The Contagion Myth" By Thomas Cowan & Sally Fallon

RealNeat

I was really immersed in this book, not only is it fitting for the "times" but a truly interesting read. I'm a big fan of both Sally Fallon (because of the books "nourishing traditions" and "nourishing diets") and Thomas Cowan because of the books, "Changing nature of childhood illness" and "cancer and the new biology of water"

many questions of "contagion" are answered that are on many people's minds.

Will be asking Ray about some of the things covered in the book.

the only thing I really found misleading was that methylene blue was referred to as a "toxic dye" though technically true, it's, as many here know, also very helpful in appropriate doses.

I recommend it to any curious about supposedly transmissible bacteria and viruses.

Jem Oz

Great recommend. I’m down with anything that exposes the moronic, egotistical fraud that was Louis Pasteur

Our Malady: Lessons In Liberty Learned From A Hospital Diary from Timothy Snyder is also interesting, a normal type of dude, historian, gets into contact with medical care.

From the US of A, mine copy hath finally arrived.

@RealNeat, have you or another had the chance to ask Dr. Peat what he thinks of Dr. Cowan's thesis?

Attachments

• 20210103_231148.jpg
    20210103_231148.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 11
J

jb116

@RealNeat, have you or another had the chance to ask Dr. Peat what he thinks of Dr. Cowan's thesis?
From the last Timpone, or it could be the one prior, Peat basically said indirectly he doesn't subscribe necessarily to "no contagion" kind of ideas. Although certain illnesses he would agree are not caused by a so-called contagion such as in the case of AIDS.

Hmm curious, what did they
Me too, but I will need some time to read the text through.

From the last Timpone, or it could be the one prior, Peat basically said indirectly he doesn't subscribe necessarily to "no contagion" kind of ideas. Although certain illnesses he would agree are not caused by a so-called contagion such as in the case of AIDS.

Yes, I've just read the transcript posted by member @Ben. in the milk->autism thread, but meaning escapes me due to spelling mistakes and missing context.

Can you share a link to the episode?

Ben.

Yes, I've just read the transcript posted by member @Ben. in the milk->autism thread, but meaning escapes me due to spelling mistakes and missing context.

Can you share a link to the episode?

What i posted? Oh i just took the transcript from this thread:

ORN 2020-06-15: Dr. Peat On COVID Testing, Exosomes, EMFs, Gray Hair, Vaccines, Aging

Idk if that is what you are looking for discussed here but its the "entire" transcript of that particular interview i posted. I just took part of it as an answer to the member b555 who said that ray peat is a pro-vaxxer.

Lollipop2

I was very happy to hear Peat say this. It is wrong in my opinion to deny contagion; reminds me a bit of flat earthers. Real Neat and I discussed this before. We disagreed with Ray’s take. I heard exactly what you heard.

J

jb116

I was very happy to hear Peat say this. It is wrong in my opinion to deny contagion; reminds me a bit of flat earthers. Real Neat and I discussed this before. We disagreed with Ray’s take. I heard exactly what you heard.
Yes agreed. I think my personal view is similar to Peat. In that there should be emphasis on the organism. I think the popular view of contagiousness is wrong. Like what we are seeing in the mainstream and general public. The silly idea that it's simply about exposure; a kind of linear view. So of course there are contagion but it's relative and within a context.

I will read this and a few other books instead of make an assumption.

Edit: @Jem Oz, is this the book that shaped your strong opinion about Pasteur?

20210104_095332.jpg

Attachments

• Bechamp-or-Pasteur-1.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

gaze

+1. the worst of all is when people deny it, and don't make efforts to improve their health at the same time. There's a lot of stories out there of people being humbled by a virus, i think it's important to always remember no human is invincible. there's a great variety of things that can kill us at any time so it's important to nourish the body as best as we can to improve our defenses.

Lollipop2

i think it's important to always remember no human is invincible. there's a great variety of things that can kill us at any time so it's important to nourish the body as best as we can to improve our defenses.
+1 Precisely. Our terrain matters and is our best defense.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

+1. the worst of all is when people deny it, and don't make efforts to improve their health at the same time. There's a lot of stories out there of people being humbled by a virus, i think it's important to always remember no human is invincible. there's a great variety of things that can kill us at any time so it's important to nourish the body as best as we can to improve our defenses.
its one thing to to be humble and another thing to attribute a virus to being the cause of a certain illness.

using your line of logic one could do everything to "decontaminate" their life of viruses and fall ill because they dont understand by what mechanism these genetic information packets can possibly lead to harm.

Spoiler: viruses can not be escaped, 10^31 viruses in the very air you breathe, if viruses did even a fraction of things attributed to them none of us would be here.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Ill post our convo here tomorrow along with a line from Ray that directly contradicts the way in which you understood his statement both from my own podcast with him and i believe from KMUD- Viruses episode. What surprises me is that you claim to have listened to "all interviews with Ray" yet cant recall everything he has said about viruses that contradict the one (out of context) statement he made in a recent interview.

The short of it is that though one can pass these genetic information packets, both viruses and exosomes, their role in causing illness is a different claim entirely.

Comparing people who question germ theory to flat earthers is a cop out for a lack of understanding, not only of the evidence against germ theory but the intricacies of these micro "organisms" and their role in biology.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Somewhat. In my first interview with Ray on Primitive Initiative Podcast we touch upon some similar topics as mentioned in the book. My next podcast with Ray to be available this month also goes in deeper detail.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals