Book For My Dad As An Introduction To Peat

Ritchie

I was over at a family lunch today and my dad started talking about a health and nutrition book he had just read as he is wanting to lose a bit of weight. I asked him if I could see it and it was quite scary.. Recommendations of low to zero sugar intake, low saturated fats, upping consumption of fish oils and other pufa's, high starch and in particular fibrous starch to "slow digestion and inhibit insulin response" :roll: the book went on with so much terrible health advice someone should actually sue the "Doctor" who wrote it (with zero references or research listed in the index, just his word to go on :lolno: ). Anyway, I discussed with him briefly some Peat ideas about nutrition, food and physiology and he was very interested in reading more. He's not internet active and is very much from the oldschool just read a book type of vibe. Can anyone please recommend a good book to give to my dad as an introduction to Peat? I am planning on printing off a bunch of Dr Peat's articles from his website to give to him aswell... Any recommendations would be much appreciated :hattip

Westway

I'd suggest something like Matt stone's "solving the paleo equation" regardless of it being targeted at rehabilitating paleo dieters it still has very coherent and valuable chapters on PUFA for example that is basically all peat inspired and is great for debunking culturally prevalent myths associated with macronutrient metabolism and hormone regulation etc. Also there's Danny roddy's "the peat whisperer" which he no longer sells or advocates but is useful to familiarise oneself with the fundamental aspects of ray peat. Finally I might suggest how to heal your metabolism By Kate Deering. Hope that helps bro. Peace out. X

answersfound

Heal your metabolism by Kate Deering. Peat acknowledged the book as being very well done.

OP
Ritchie

Ritchie

Thanks both of you for your adivce :hattip I've ordered Kate Deering and Danny Roddy's book so hopefully that'll give him a good start information wise. Cheers

answersfound

Great!

managing

I came across this thread while looking for something for my 13 yr old daughter to read on nutrition. She is an advanced reader, but Ray Peat's stuff makes many adult's heads spin. I didn't want to give her reading that would make her hate me!

I checked out Kate Deering's book (see above). I got it for my daughter instantly. I am assigning it to her to read today. It is absolutely "Ray Peat" for a popular audience.

If there is anybody you know that needs a primer, or just isn't going to drill into RP's stuff, this is a perfect place to start.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals