Bones Melted Away Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dibble

Old topic: Bones Melted Away Because Of Ascorbic Acid

So I'm not sure anymore about Vitamin C megadose being the reason for my bone loss, hence I created a new topic.

I'm taking currently:

Vitamim D (5,000 IU)
Vitamin E (400 IU)
Cod Liver Oil (2,200 mg)
Taurine (1 g)
Zinc (30 mg)

18 hrs. Intermittent Fasting

1 tbsp. of: honey, coconut oil and olive oil before bed.

I workout every 2nd day (Calisthenics with explosive movements) and I eat 3000 kcal on training-days, 2600 kcal off training-days.

Where do I do wrong or what does make my bones melt?

Olive oil before bed??

Thats where you're going mate, you should only have it before 3pm. Its common knowledge that if you eat olive oil after 3pm that all your bones will melt.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Olive oil before bed??

Thats where you're going mate, you should only have it before 3pm. Its common knowledge that if you eat olive oil after 3pm that all your bones will melt.

Looks troll to me.

Any reference to that?

I just started taking it yesterday anyway, way after my bone loss.

I need serious advice and help.

Pet Peeve

upload_2016-10-21_10-47-44.png

Travis

Cod Liver Oil can have dangerous amounts of Vitamin A. Check out my comments on Vitamin A and Osteomalacia.

I have also found that the ratio of Calcium to Phosphorus ratio may be much more important that total calcium intake. I was going to start a thread on that one but I didn't get around to it. There is a rabbit study and a few rat studies that show this clearly.

This is probably why grains and nuts are acidic; too much phosphorus. I think whole coconuts can be healthy if you can can still find a way to eat more calcium to balance it out.

Vitamin D seems OK to me. I take 5,000 IU's every day or two.

To much protein can be calciuric. Tons of old studies on that subject.

But I am pretty sure that Vitamin A increases collagen synthesis/breakdown and could cause an accelerated bone turn-over rate that cannot be mineralized fast enough. This is only a theory and I need to look into this too. I know it can cause skin-peeling and some researchers have linked it to osteomalacia.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Cod Liver Oil can have dangerous amounts of Vitamin A. Check out my comments on Vitamin A and Osteomalacia.

I have also found that the ratio of Calcium to Phosphorus ratio may be much more important that total calcium intake. I was going to start a thread on that one but I didn't get around to it. There is a rabbit study and a few rat studies that show this clearly.

This is probably why grains and nuts are acidic; too much phosphorus. I think whole coconuts can be healthy if you can can still find a way to eat more calcium to balance it out.

Vitamin D seems OK to me. I take 5,000 IU's every day or two.

To much protein can be calciuric. Tons of old studies on that subject.

But I am pretty sure that Vitamin A increases collagen synthesis/breakdown and could cause an accelerated bone turn-over rate that cannot be mineralized fast enough. This is only a theory and I need to look into this too. I know it can cause skin-peeling and some researchers have linked it to osteomalacia.

Thanks a lot. My Cod Liver Oil has 4,000 IU of Vitamin A. I'll consider dropping it for a while then, just to see if that helps.

paymanz

how is that Intermittent fasting? are you hungry and withstand it through the fast or you feeling full?

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
how is that Intermittent fasting? are you hungry and withstand it through the fast or you feeling full?

I feel full. I am lean, very strong, very energetic and very muscular, yet I have problems with my joints. I show signs of low E.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
You are getting vitamins A, D & E...

I don't see any K or calcium...

What are you eating?

I must say that my Calcium intake was really low these days since I quit dairy. Any good food sources? I am considering to bulk cheese right now.

Also, do you have a good source for Vitamin K2?

Travis

Well, leaves have a full RDA of calcium if you eat one pound.

Cheese has a >1 Ca/P ratio, but it has Vitamin A and Estrogen.

Sesame seeds surprisingly have quite a bit with a 2:1 Ca/P ratio, but they do have some PUFAs.

Tough call. Just throwing ideas out there....

Last edited:
OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Well, leaves have a full RDA of calcium if you eat one pound.

Cheese has a >1 Ca/P ratio, but it has Vitamin A and Estrogen.

Sesame seeds surprisingly have quite a bit with a 2:1 Ca/P ratio, but they do have some PUFAs.

Tough call. Just throwing ideas out there....

Yeah I'd love to maintain my low estrogen, yet also remain high DHT. I'll look into leaves, thanks.

A. squamosa

I must say that my Calcium intake was really low these days since I quit dairy. Any good food sources? I am considering to bulk cheese right now.

Also, do you have a good source for Vitamin K2?
Good calcium source without using dairy is egg shell. Save your egg shells, clean them, dry them, bake them, crush them, add the powder to drinks.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
I consider to consume Baking Soda before my meal to keep my body alkaline. Is that a good idea?

My jaw is still melting and now it hurts.

Ras

It isn't my intention to be offensive, but why are we entertaining this? Can a rational, well-functioning mind accept the idea proposed here? I have sincere concern for the mind that believes his mandible is literally melting or has already literally melted from his face.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
It isn't my intention to be offensive, but why are we entertaining this? Can a rational, well-functioning mind accept the idea proposed here? I have sincere concern for the mind that believes his mandible is literally melting or has already literally melted from his face.

Hey, I have serious bone loss. I am in need of help and people like you make it harder for me to find a solution. Please only contribute if you want to help me. I am sick of being treated as a troll here.

Ras

I feel the following strengthens my argument:

Literally (adverb):
1530s, "in a literal sense, according to the exact meaning of the word or words used," from literal + -ly (2). Since late 17c. it has been used in metaphors, hyperbole, etc., to indicate what follows must be taken in the strongest admissible sense. But this is irreconcilable with the word's etymological sense and has led to the much-lamented modern misuse of it.

Fowler said:
We have come to such a pass with this emphasizer that where the truth would require us to insert with a strong expression 'not literally, of course, but in a manner of speaking', we do not hesitate to insert the very word we ought to be at pains to repudiate; ... such false coin makes honest traffic in words impossible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.