• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Bone Structure / Jaw Structure Fixed With Correct "mouth Posture? "

answersfound

artemis

For an underbite, you have to start using those bone growth guidance methods, such as wearing a chin strap, while the child is still growing, before around age 12. For an adult, oral surgery plus orthodontics is the only real way to correct an underbite. If you have health insurance, you can usually get them to pay for it if you claim it causes you breathing problems, and/or makes eating difficult, etc. (I used to work for an orthodontist!)

mujuro

You can give K2 a try. I don't think it will change a clinical overbite or underbite, but it might help as a complementary treatment. My jaw ached for a good month when I first started Thorne K2 drops, then it seemed to ache only intermittently. When I switched to MK7 for a change, the painful aching returned. My jaw is definitely wider - that is to say, my dental occlusion is now more rearward and contact is greater between molars, as it should be in humans because the molars do most of the grinding and mashing of food. As a result my bite is stronger (in dog breeds a wider jaw usually means stronger bite e.g. mastiffs).

Sea

artemis said:
post 105170 For an underbite, you have to start using those bone growth guidance methods, such as wearing a chin strap, while the child is still growing, before around age 12. For an adult, oral surgery plus orthodontics is the only real way to correct an underbite. If you have health insurance, you can usually get them to pay for it if you claim it causes you breathing problems, and/or makes eating difficult, etc. (I used to work for an orthodontist!)

I don't think this is accurate. Ray Peat talks about how his wisdom teeth grew in properly after he fixed his metabolism. I have already noticed my impacted wisdom teeth erupting properly now after 1 year peating. Jaw width and bite will most likely improve once the metabolism improves. And, I would second poster answerfound's advice to supplement the fat soluble vitamin(A,E,D,K2) and I would also recommend to utilize red light in close proximity to your jaw.

Last edited by a moderator:

artemis

Yes, I remember him mentioning that his wisdom teeth erupted, I think it was after taking pregnenolone for awhile. But underbites are notoriously difficult to correct -- it usually involves an underdeveloped maxilla along with an overdeveloped mandible. It's a far cry from wisdom teeth coming in.
Of course, anything is possible! Cheers! :cheers

Sea

artemis said:
post 105177 Yes, I remember him mentioning that his wisdom teeth erupted, I think it was after taking pregnenolone for awhile. But underbites are notoriously difficult to correct -- it usually involves an underdeveloped maxilla along with an overdeveloped mandible. It's a far cry from wisdom teeth coming in.
Of course, anything is possible! Cheers! :cheers

Well, everyone with an underdeveloped jaw has hypothyroidism so in that population it probably doesn't naturally fix itself because orthodontists aren't measuring the temp/pulse or recommending dietary changes, they are simply promoting surgeries which Ray Peat has consistently warned against.

I had another problem of not being able to breath out of my nose. Doctors usually think this requires surgery to fix. I don't know if my bone was underdeveloped there, or I couldn't breath out of my nose due to inflammation, but now I can breath perfectly out of my noise because my temp/pulse rate is higher.

Last edited by a moderator: