Boils

Peater

Does anyone know of an effective remedy for boils? I had one already on my thighthat the doctor prescribed a course of 4x daily 500mg Flucloxacillin. I'd rather not take any more antibiotics if possible.

Now I have one under my arm. what could be causing this? I've never had a boil in my life and now 2 in 3 months? I did wonder if i picked something up in Ghana in April (don't get any funny ideas!) As one of the British staff was telling me about a local who had some and was reluctant to go to the doctor - i know the skin biome is quite resilient and soap is not an antiseptic/antibiotic so something skin-bourne from towels or bedding?

But other than that i really have no idea why it's started.

2mg methylene blue daily doesn't seem to have helped.

Really appreciate any ideas

Thanks

Trix

Figs
Whether in dried form or as ripe fruit, figs not only taste great but they are one of the highest plant sources of calcium and fiber.

Split open a fig and soak it in warm water to create a poultice. Place thin layer of gauze over affected area then apply fig poultice. Change every eight hours or twice daily.

Use a fig poultice on inflamed boils, pain, and scar tissues.
God has given us healing foods right in the Bible, beginning in the Garden of Eden. The fig, for example, is mentioned in Genesis and more than fifty times throughout the Word of God. There was a time, the Bible tells us, when Hezekiah, the king of Judah, was “sick even to death.” He was visited by the prophet Isaiah who ordered that they should “take a lump of figs, and apply it as a poultice on the boil, and he shall recover.” (Isaiah 38:21) The figs caused King Hezekiah’s sickness to melt away. Figs are high in antioxidants, one of which is benzaldehyde. The benzaldehyde in the fig is a powerful anti-cancer compound, and God knew that it was the solution to King Hezekiah’s illness thousands of years ago. Much of figs’ medicinal value is due to their high amounts of fiber, magnesium, potassium, calcium, manganese, copper, iron, and vitamins C and B6.

OP
P

Peater

Well I never found that remedy while searching. I'll pick a bag up on my next shoppimg trip, got to be worth trying!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
2mg methylene blue daily doesn't seem to have helped.
I know it’s been a while but did you use it topically or orally? I had a very painful boil after the vid last March and putting ( undiluted 400mcg per drop) MB directly on it cleared it up pretty quick.

OP
P

Peater

I know it’s been a while but did you use it topically or orally? I had a very painful boil after the vid last March and putting ( undiluted 400mcg per drop) MB directly on it cleared it up pretty quick.

I think I applied it directly.

This will sound crazy but they have never come back since I stopped using Carnation condensed sweetened milk.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

This will sound crazy but they have never come back since I stopped using Carnation condensed sweetened milk.
Wow, that’s interesting!

OP
P

Peater

Wow, that’s interesting!

Yes - I took it away with me to Ghana to have in coffee as it stores fine at high ambient temperature, and is milk and sugar in an easy package. I'd never had it regularly before, and never have since I eliminated it to see if it made any difference. Thanks for the reminder to give closure!

I wonder if it was hidradenitis suppurativa as that can be caused by food, and they were always in the same place. Inner thigh, and armpit

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wonder if it was hidradenitis suppurativa as that can be caused by food, and they were always in the same place. Inner thigh, and armpit
Interesting, mine was in my groin and was really painful. I had no idea that boils could be caused by food!!! The doctor thought mine was from either exercise or the hot tub.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I always thought boils were caused by ingrown hairs or an infected hair follicle. It seemed like the cultures we had from the axilla and groin area would be good locations for little hair problems.

OP
P

Peater

Interesting, mine was in my groin and was really painful. I had no idea that boils could be caused by food!!! The doctor thought mine was from either exercise or the hot tub.

I think Hidradenitis suppurativa is similar but different. It's a condition that causes small, painful lumps to form under the skin. The lumps usually develop in areas where your skin rubs together, such as the armpits, groin, buttocks and breasts. That's why I think something in the condensed milk, or the way it is made, was triggering it. I use full fat Jersey cows milk in my coffee with no issues.

It could just be coincidence of course but I am still doing the same job, wearing the same clothes, using the same soap etc. The condensed milk was the only change and I was as dubious as anyone else that it would make any difference but 3 years later I have never had another boil/whatever they were.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think Hidradenitis suppurativa is similar but different. It's a condition that causes small, painful lumps to form under the skin. The lumps usually develop in areas where your skin rubs together, such as the armpits, groin, buttocks and breasts. That's why I think something in the condensed milk, or the way it is made, was triggering it. I use full fat Jersey cows milk in my coffee with no issues.

It could just be coincidence of course but I am still doing the same job, wearing the same clothes, using the same soap etc. The condensed milk was the only change and I was as dubious as anyone else that it would make any difference but 3 years later I have never had another boil/whatever they were.
Thanks for elaborating and sharing your experience.

I was doubtful about the doctor’s opinion because I hadn’t been in a hot tub in months and my exercise routine was virtually nonexistent at the time. He just looked at me and assumed i was an athlete! I personally thought it was related to my immune system being taxed a bit from fighting the virus.

I’m really glad yours hasn’t come back. I’ll look into Hidradenitis suppurativa. I appreciate you pointing out the difference.

OP
P

Peater

Thanks for elaborating and sharing your experience.

I was doubtful about the doctor’s opinion because I hadn’t been in a hot tub in months and my exercise routine was virtually nonexistent at the time. He just looked at me and assumed i was an athlete! I personally thought it was related to my immune system being taxed a bit from fighting the virus.

I’m really glad yours hasn’t come back. I’ll look into Hidradenitis suppurativa. I appreciate you pointing out the difference.

I am reading Grant's book where this is (H.S.) is mentioned and was reminded of this thread.

I now wonder if the commercially-produced condensed milk was a source of retinoic acid. (It would not have been fortified here. But probbaly pasteurised, homogenised, and then further heat condensed)

The problem has never reoccured.

Posting for reference and comment.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Peater, yes thanks to Grant’s digging into the research we now know it’s definitely in casein.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals