Boiled vs Baked in the oven potatoes

Makrosky

I have noticed when I eat potatoes roasted in the oven they feel way less bloating/endotoxinish.

Has anyone noticed this? Any explanation?

It occurs to me that boiled potatoes are super boring whereas roasted ones are much more enjoyable. And these things definitely play a role on digestion.

Gustav3Y

I am not quite sure why but boiled potatoes for like even 2 hours, still promote intestinal unpleasant symptoms.
While ironically the dreaded french fries aren't causing that.
I was always unpleasantly surprised considering that one is clean the other is really not, and technically for me to boil potatoes is really easy (no matter of the time) but practically is not issue-free intestinally.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

I am not quite sure why but boiled potatoes for like even 2 hours, still promote intestinal unpleasant symptoms.
I was always unpleasantly surprised considering that one is clean the other is really not, and technically for me to boil potatoes is really easy (no matter of the time) but practically is not issue-free intestinally.
Same for me with the french fries. I don't eat them often but when I do I feel better than with plain boiled ones. Duh.

Dutchie

There recently was this topic about pyro-dextrinization, which fits your potato experience.

O

oldfriend

It's my opinion that it's the fat content of French fries that make the difference. I have less problems with potatoes when I eat them with fat, and usually add cheese to my boiled potatoes and/or eat them with other fatty foods.