Bodybuilders of RPF: Did your mind changed when you changed your body?

Risingfire

what do you mean?
itll help with fitness products marketing,
if youre selling electronics i dont think physique will help much, unless you mean like the physique or good hormonal balance will personally motivate you
Nah it gives me an edge with female decision makers

I think that anytime that you improve yourself in any aspect of life you are going to have more confidence in that area. If you've always been a skinny **** kid, but don't give a s**t about it then it's not going to hurt your confidence. If anything being confident in your own skin even though you're skinny may boost your confidence. In my opinion, it's all about gaining your own respect by whatever means you value most.

Dr. B

I'd rather be a "venice beach" musclehead than a disgusting soyboy aspergeric serotonergic nerd with an empty airbnb soul from silicon valley. Sorry.
what do you mean by empty airbnb soul

most guys would, but it's not about choosing to be one or the other. there's a certain level of unhappiness required for the ambition in the air of silicon valley. with attention from women, high T, solid physique, etc. those big dreams typically go away quite fast.

not the case that all of them fall into that phenotype though, especially as the tech industry expands, technical literacy becomes more important, and the stereotypes/dogmas around it begin to fade, there will be more outliers running companies that have a solid body and mind but are extremely driven individuals with high dopamine and a healthy metabolism.

in fact, the people who are naturally that way almost always end up at the top in whatever they pursue.

the problem is selling stuff is in many ways based on intelligence and social skills whereas building muscle is purely physical and hormonal. Many of the gym rats I met over the years had no ambitions anywhere in life apart from the gym. Some guys were just into gym and video games and were natural, some were using hormones and were trying to go pro or were actively competing. if you took steroids and those things out of the equation there would probably be a positive correlation with muscle mass and metabolic health and intelligence. The people you see in silicon valley are there because many of them are obsessed with and dedicated their lives to that endeavor, similarly the pro bodybuilders you see are there because they dedicated their lives to that endeavor, simply accomplishing one doesnt necessarily mean you can do the other, or be as good in one as in the other. Technically any time dedicated to bodybuilding or computer stuff or anything else is time you could be using on other passions.
Physique definitely helps with selling electronics (or anything else for that matter). A lot. People respect, follow and are more compliant to men with good physique. Both men and women.
its subjective, but I doubt people would have more trust for a muscular electronics salesman or car salesman. a muscular physique has absolutely nothing to do with cars or electronics, and you'd probably be a better salesman looking geeky for those things, and looking like you really know your stuff. Just like a computer geek may struggle to sell fitness supplements, a bodybuilder may struggle to sell electronics or video games. selling cars or shoes is probably a gray area where your looks may not matter as much as in the other industries. some of the products sell themselves. I think people respect the dedication to the lifting weights and bodybuilding lifestyle but I doubt it would improve trust in their selling capabilities. i think people on average may be more fearful of someone bigger and more muscular, but it doesn't otherwise lead to more compliance or following of the muscle men, hence most of the leaders of companies/societies have average or horrible physiques and a bunch of bodybuilders are lower ranking. I've heard varying things about muscle mass, I think if you're looking to impress other dudes, the bigger the better, the IFBB pros get the most respect, but if you're looking to attract women then the zyzz, or jeff seid or lean ufc fighter look will get you the most.

Makrosky

what do you mean by empty airbnb soul
This kind of people that go on holidays for 2 weeks to the other side of the world, have an amazing landscape and a totally different culture in front of them, and all they do is taking pictures to put on instagram and have their headphones on listening to spotify. Nothing against it. But I wouldn't want to be one of them.

Dr. B

Nah it gives me an edge with female decision makers
ah yeah, could help, but its more so due to the average intelligence level being very low and dropping lower every year. It's like how many TV commercials put attractive women in the commercials because of that saying sex sells. Although, I think the products (hopefully) still need to be made well, the attractive woman is just a way to get the viewers attention and get people to then pay more attention to the product. But if someone is actually out there buying products because the salesman or woman is attractive that's not good.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

its subjective, but I doubt people would have more trust for a muscular electronics salesman or car salesman. a muscular physique has absolutely nothing to do with cars or electronics, and you'd probably be a better salesman looking geeky for those things, and looking like you really know your stuff. Just like a computer geek may struggle to sell fitness supplements, a bodybuilder may struggle to sell electronics or video games. selling cars or shoes is probably a gray area where your looks may not matter as much as in the other industries. some of the products sell themselves. I think people respect the dedication to the lifting weights and bodybuilding lifestyle but I doubt it would improve trust in their selling capabilities. i think people on average may be more fearful of someone bigger and more muscular, but it doesn't otherwise lead to more compliance or following of the muscle men, hence most of the leaders of companies/societies have average or horrible physiques and a bunch of bodybuilders are lower ranking. I've heard varying things about muscle mass, I think if you're looking to impress other dudes, the bigger the better, the IFBB pros get the most respect, but if you're looking to attract women then the zyzz, or jeff seid or lean ufc fighter look will get you the most.
If you would have two equally skilled salesmen, both with the same knowledge of the goods and the industry, one ripped and one geeky, the ripped one will ALWAYS sell much more.

I'd actually argue that ripped salesman with good people skills would sell much more even if he knew very little about the stuff.

You are assuming that people are making their choices rationally.

They don't.

Vins7

Have you experienced any changes in the way you think, the way you perceive things or the way you do things after you improved your physique?

More confidence? More assertivity? Less fear? Clearer thinking? More willingness to take risks? More creativity? Better ideas? More drive? Setting harder-to-achieve goals? Achieving more goals? Better mood and overall life optimism?

Have you noticed the changes yourself, or was it a feedback from another person?

Have you gotten better results in your job? If you are an enterpreneur, is your business doing better?

Did improving your physique changed your life in some other unexpected way?
I'm about 7 months Into regularly weightlifting, I hace gained muscle and I look more attractive (people tell me) and my symptoms has even worsened...
I have to Say that my sleep is not really good due to my gut issues and my stress despite this, I have gained 6kg and I look more muscular.
My libido does not exist and some depressive symptoms have returned, the latter could be a consequence of the libido issue. I'm 25, girls are interested for me and I'm in this situation.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I'm about 7 months Into regularly weightlifting, I hace gained muscle and I look more attractive (people tell me) and my symptoms has even worsened...
I have to Say that my sleep is not really good due to my gut issues and my stress despite this, I have gained 6kg and I look more muscular.
My libido does not exist and some depressive symptoms have returned, the latter could be a consequence of the libido issue. I'm 25, girls interest for me and I'm in this situation.
Are you getting enough food and rest? Do you have a sensible workout schedule, no overtaxing?

Vins7

Are you getting enough food and rest? Do you have a sensible workout schedule, no overtaxing?
I think that i'm eating enough food, but not rest due to my digestive issues and chronic bloating doesn't let me...
I think that my training could be excesivo due muy situation but for most people is a normal training or even light...

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I think that i'm eating enough food, but not rest due to my digestive issues and chronic bloating doesn't let me...
I think that my training could be excesivo due muy situation but for most people is a normal training or even light...
You know what you have to do

清貴杉山

"More confidence? More assertivity? Less fear? Clearer thinking? More willingness to take risks? More creativity? Better ideas? More drive? Setting harder-to-achieve goals? Achieving more goals? Better mood and overall life optimism?"
Literally ALL this when i improved my physique eating RP way

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Stop training, right?
Fix your gut issues, increase your food intake, get more rest, and adjust your workout schedule so it won't overtax you and cause stress.

You will actually gain faster with less effort when you do that

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

"More confidence? More assertivity? Less fear? Clearer thinking? More willingness to take risks? More creativity? Better ideas? More drive? Setting harder-to-achieve goals? Achieving more goals? Better mood and overall life optimism?"
Literally ALL this when i improved my physique eating RP way
Man that's awesome! How much you gained over what period of time when you first started noticing these changes?

Last edited:

peter88

Stop training, right?
Take a break until the issues start to go away and then try to slowly add back in some moderate lifting. I was dealing with some of the same things as you and after a month of not training they are slowly starting to fade.

Dr. B

If you would have two equally skilled salesmen, both with the same knowledge of the goods and the industry, one ripped and one geeky, the ripped one will ALWAYS sell much more.

I'd actually argue that ripped salesman with good people skills would sell much more even if he knew very little about the stuff.

You are assuming that people are making their choices rationally.

They don't.
if theyre selling fitness supplements yes...
if theyre selling comic books or video games, then no
there is simply no correlation with fitness to those industries.
with fitness supplements, some peoples thought process will be like, if I take this I can get big like that guy.
the industry they're working within is also an important factor
people have biases, which means the athletic muscular guy will be seen as a stereotypical dumb jock if hes selling electronics or video games
similarly, a geeky guy trying to sell bodybuilding supplements may not do as well as a juiced up guy selling them.
I agree many people aren't making choices rationally, but that means there are biases both for and against, both ripped/geeky guys... there is just no way ripped guys are favored in every industry and geeky guys are looked down on in every industry. the entire silicon valley/tech companies and political figures prove otherwise. it was only in the cavemen days, before there were any weapons or states of any kind that improved muscularity led to improved leadership and political power (maybe part of why its still seen as physically attractive).

Last edited:
OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

if theyre selling fitness supplements yes...
if theyre selling comic books or video games, then no
there is simply no correlation with fitness to those industries.
with fitness supplements, some peoples thought process will be like, if I take this I can get big like that guy.
the industry they're working within is also an important factor
people have biases, which means the athletic muscular guy will be seen as a stereotypical dumb jock if hes selling electronics or video games
similarly, a geeky guy trying to sell bodybuilding supplements may not do as well as a juiced up guy selling them.
I agree many people aren't making choices rationally, but that means there are biases both for and against, both ripped/geeky guys...
This is simply not true. Ripped guy will always have more authority and will be always seen as more trustworthy.

And that's what really matters in sales, no matter the industry.

Dr. B

This is simply not true. Ripped guy will always have more authority and will be always seen as more trustworthy.

And that's what really matters in sales, no matter the industry.
that's completely false. you might personally believe theyre more trustworthy or have more authority but it has nothing to do with society at large. there's a reason the silicon valley executives aren't bodybuilders. even if you go to any car dealership, or comic book shop or electronics place, vast majority of times the salesmen are not bodybuilders. bodybuilders/fitness people are usually selling within their own industry. I dont know if you mean ripped and muscular or just ripped and slim, but in some industries the muscular guy will be seen as more untrustworthy. so you don't think ripped/muscular guys ever get discriminated against? you can go on bodybuilding forums and see complaints about that topic. everyone gets judged, even pretty women get judged and there are complaints of professional women who arent taken seriously due to their looks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals