Body Temperature At 35.8○C (96.44 F○C) Since IF - Used To Be 37.5○C (99.5○F)

Quality

Just read some of that pdf file, looks like some weird article ( if can even call it that ).

Quality

Part of the index of the PDF:

Case Study: A cure for COPD.............................................Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A cure for “idiopathic” atrial fibrillation....Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A cure for a tic ...............................................Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A cure for morbid obesity............................. Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A cure for type 2 diabetes ........................... Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A Cure for Glaucoma ......................................Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: Recovery from a torn back muscle...............Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A cure for recurring chest pain ...................Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A cure for cataracts .......................................Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: Finasteride poisoning .....................................Error! Bookmark not defined.

All "cures" for things that modern science is only starting to understand some of the basics to solving the puzzle.
Article pretty much looks like snakeoil to me.

Besides at the final page theres a small list of "supplements" adviced, anyone that claims pregnenolone or dhea is a supplement needs a headshot tbh, they are pro-hormones.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Part of the index of the PDF:

Case Study: A cure for COPD.............................................Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A cure for “idiopathic” atrial fibrillation....Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A cure for a tic ...............................................Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A cure for morbid obesity............................. Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A cure for type 2 diabetes ........................... Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A Cure for Glaucoma ......................................Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: Recovery from a torn back muscle...............Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A cure for recurring chest pain ...................Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: A cure for cataracts .......................................Error! Bookmark not defined. Case Study: Finasteride poisoning .....................................Error! Bookmark not defined.

All "cures" for things that modern science is only starting to understand some of the basics to solving the puzzle.

Besides at the final page theres a small list of "supplements" adviced, anyone that claims pregnenolone or dhea is a supplement needs a headshot tbh, they are pro-hormones.

Haha yeah take it with caution. I dislike direct statements without scientific references anyway. However his temperature reset method sounds logical to me, except the pro-hormone part but that's part of "peating" here. I'll try his method without drugs and see how that goes.

tara

I'd sayclaims about a 'cure' being generally applicable to everyone would be optimistic and should be probably be taken with a grain of salt.
ETA: They are case studies of successes that look like cures. Do you think they are falsified?

That doesn't stop it being an interesting idea that seems to have worked for some people, and may work for more. Do you have any actual reason to think he is wrong in important or dangerous ways that relates to the content of his basic concepts or method?

Wishing brutal punishment on people who refer to supplementary hormones as supplements seems a bit harsh.

He's putting out the information he has for free, and is not selling any substance, just requesting payment for his time for optional personal consultation if one wishes it. It looks like a well-intentioned effort to make a potentially useful hypothesis and method available to people who may benefit from it. IIRC, he does refer to hazards that may require special care and mitigation - he does not suggest being completely gung ho about it.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
I've been fasting for a half year without quitting by the way.

I'll have a hot shower and a normal breakfast tomorrow. I didn't have those two for so long.

Constatine

So true, I never do full long fasting periods, which arent good imo.
Short term fast/calorie restriction is the way to go, also have RE-FEEDING is very important every now and then.
The ghrelin/leptin balance highly influences behavior.

End of the day us humans are still animals, everything we do is directly or indirectly related to feeding/survival and reproduction.
Seeing the large amount of food available these days, people have lost their connection with food (no more hunting or dangerous situations required to have a nice warm meal at the end of the day, we become lazy and this is why we get physically weaker with each generation).
Fasting strengthens the appreciation for the smaller things in life, because the subjective reward to things (including food) is greater when you are in starvation/burning up fat reserves.
This is the reason why a meal tastes better when you worked your **** off, well that is my theory.
Very well put. Couldn't agree more. When all needs are met one tends to lose appreciation for things. It is a healthy practice to intentionally ignore various needs every once in a while to regain appreciation and re-sensitize the system. Examples of this are fasting, temporary abstinence, camping (or taking a break from material things and even shelter), etc. It's all very refreshing.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Very well put. Couldn't agree more. When all needs are met one tends to lose appreciation for things. It is a healthy practice to intentionally ignore various needs every once in a while to regain appreciation and re-sensitize the system. Examples of this are fasting, temporary abstinence, camping (or taking a break from material things and even shelter), etc. It's all very refreshing.

True.

Constatine

I've been fasting for a half year without quitting by the way.

I'll have a hot shower and a normal breakfast tomorrow. I didn't have those two for so long.
Maybe carry around a Gatorade or two (or anything sugary) to sip on as your day goes on. I think it would be wise to train your body and tell it food is coming constantly. This might help with insulin but I don't know for sure.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
First day I didn't fast. Just measured it.

36.5○C oral temperature (97.7○F).

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Can you hit 98.6°F (or even better - 99.14°F?) in a steaming hot shower? If so, you can probably do it without drugs.

I didn't try it but my wake up temperature is 97.7○F (oral 98.06○F) at the moment. I'll take a shower soon.

Last edited:

Giraffe

About the cortisol theory: are you sure about that? Cortisol would mean that my testosterone levels would be lower but Intermittent Fasting basically increased my testosterone levels. I built muscle mass that I was never able to before, I grew a full beard, I have incredible strength.
Did you have your testosterone tested? I would expect that intermittent fasting increases growth hormone. That could explain increased muscle mass and probably beard growth, too.

When boys grow into men they tend to grow a beard, muscles etc. Maybe they can sometimes do it despite IF.
This also.

You might want to read Ray Peat's article Growth hormone: Hormone of Stress, Aging, & Death?

Also see this study which diproves that Intermittent Fasting increases Cortisol:

[Cortisol rhythm during the month of Ramadan]. - PubMed - NCBI

"There was no significant difference between the cortisol response to 1-24 corticotropin at 20:00 hours during Ramadan and the responses before Ramadan at 20:00 hours and 08:00 hours."
This means that adrenal response was not downregulated by repeated hypoglycemia during ramadan?

The study examined changes in the circadian rhythm of cortisol, and it concluded that there might be a net increase in cortisol:
Conclusion Pendant le ramadan, il existe une élévation du cortisol à 20 h non accompagnée d’une baisse nette du cortisol à 8 h. Cette situation pourrait aboutir à une hyperproduction du cortisol sur les 24 h qui serait mieux explorée par la mesure du cortisol libre urinaire.
Rythme du cortisol pendant le mois de ramadan

This study doesn't disprove the cortisol theory either.
Although all blood collection occurred after 12 h of fasting, the timing of blood collection differed between the 2 diet groups. Blood was collected in the early morning, before breakfast (ie, after a 12-h fast), from subjects consuming 3 meals/d and in the late afternoon, before the evening meal (ie, after an 18-h fast), from those consuming l meal/d. Subjects consuming 1 meal/d had decreased cortisol concentrations, which were most likely due to diurnal variations in this hormone. Cortisol is typically elevated in the morning and decreases later in the afternoon (34, 35).

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Did you have your testosterone tested? I would expect that intermittent fasting increases growth hormone. That could explain increased muscle mass and probably beard growth, too.

This also.

You might want to read Ray Peat's article Growth hormone: Hormone of Stress, Aging, & Death?

This means that adrenal response was not downregulated by repeated hypoglycemia during ramadan?

The study examined changes in the circadian rhythm of cortisol, and it concluded that there might be a net increase in cortisol:

Rythme du cortisol pendant le mois de ramadan

This study doesn't disprove the cortisol theory either.

Hey thanks for resolving those studies. I didn't test my testosterone but I noticed the changes on my facial features, my strength and muscle mass. Surely HGH had an influence on these factors. However others on AnabolicMen have tested their testosterone and managed to significantly increase it through Intermittent Fasting. I also posted a study a few pages ago that shows an increase of 180% in total testosterone.

Do you have any reference that fasting indeed causes an increase in cortisol?

Giraffe

See this study about fasting and testosterone:

Pituitary-testicular axis in obese men during short-term fasting. - PubMed - NCBI

"Short-term fasting increased the GnRH-elicited LH response by 67% in the non-obesegroup (LH incremental areas 2147 +/- 304 vs 3581 +/- 256, p less than 0.01), and the corresponding testosterone response by 180% (testosterone incremental areas 111 +/- 61 vs 311 +/- 49 micrograms.l-1.min-1, p less than 0.01). These results imply that food deprivation affects the pituitary-testicular axis differently in obese and non-obese men."
The study showed that "food deprivation shortens the stimulus-response time in normal men." The response to injected GnRH was faster/sharper after the 56-hour fast, but the basal testosterone levels were much lower (6.0 vs. 8.2).

testoterone 56 h fast.GIF

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
The study showed that "food deprivation shortens the stimulus-response time in normal men." The response to injected GnRH was faster/sharper after the 56-hour fast, but the basal testosterone levels were much lower (6.0 vs. 8.2).

View attachment 3810

Why do you compare an 56 hour fast with an short-term 18 hour fast? There is a huge difference. Studies have shown that short-term fasting increases testosterone by 180%.

Pituitary-testicular axis in obese men during short-term fasting. - PubMed - NCBI.

See this for more:

How Intermittent Fasting Affects Testosterone Levels

And you have yet to prove that Intermittent Fasting increases cortisol. I haven't seen one single study yet.

During IF my libido was very high, I looked and felt very 'androgenic' (leaner, thicker body hair, more masculine traits), but my scalp hair started getting destroyed and I got insane cystic acne like I've never had in my life not even during puberty. Long-term, it destroyed my health too.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
During IF my libido was very high, I looked and felt very 'androgenic' (leaner, thicker body hair, more masculine traits), but my scalp hair started getting destroyed and I got insane cystic acne like I've never had in my life not even during puberty. Long-term, it destroyed my health too.

Yeah same. I have super strong libido on IF. You just feel amazing on it. I guess everyone is different. I will quit it until I stabilized my temperature and won't go crazy on it next time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals