Body Temperature At 35.8○C (96.44 F○C) Since IF - Used To Be 37.5○C (99.5○F)

InChristAlone

Ok So I see you are linking this thread to another forum, my question is why even bother asking us if its working for you if it IS working for you? You are confusing the heck out of yourself. We can't tell you what to do you have to figure that out for yourself. But don't just go by how you feel or look. Many many stories of people that look amazing but really crashed their health.

InChristAlone

Someone mentioned in his other thread about his jaw bone disintegrating that he has the same username in other forums so I searched his name and first thing that came up was talking about this thread.

L

lollipop

Someone mentioned in his other thread about his jaw bone disintegrating that he has the same username in other forums so I searched his name and first thing that came up was talking about this thread.
❤️ smart!

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Ok So I see you are linking this thread to another forum, my question is why even bother asking us if its working for you if it IS working for you? You are confusing the heck out of yourself. We can't tell you what to do you have to figure that out for yourself. But don't just go by how you feel or look. Many many stories of people that look amazing but really crashed their health.

Umm. Why are you even bothered by it? Yes I asked more people for their opinion. Is that wrong? I got helped here and I will follow your advices.

Anyways, more advices are welcone guys.

Last edited:

tara

I grew a full beard in those 5 months of fasting and I look much more masculine.
Cortisol would mean that my testosterone levels would be lower but Intermittent Fasting basically increased my testosterone levels. I built muscle mass that I was never able to before, I grew a full beard, I have incredible strength
I am almost 21 years old now (and still lean, maybe less than in the past).

When boys grow into men they tend to grow a beard, muscles etc. Maybe they can sometimes do it despite IF.

IF can raise stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline.
AIUI, adrenaline can make you feel energetic, and cortisol has antiinflammatory and immune suppressing effects.
But adrenaline also tends to increase hyperventilation -> decrease CO2 levels. And cortisol also tends to be catabolic in excess, so it is unlikely to be supportive of healing to have it chronically elevated.
Feeling tired when you eat may indicate a need for rest and recovery.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
When boys grow into men they tend to grow a beard, muscles etc. Maybe they can sometimes do it despite IF.

IF can raise stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline.
AIUI, adrenaline can make you feel energetic, and cortisol has antiinflammatory and immune suppressing effects.
But adrenaline also tends to increase hyperventilation -> decrease CO2 levels. And cortisol also tends to be catabolic in excess, so it is unlikely to be supportive of healing to have it chronically elevated.
Feeling tired when you eat may indicate a need for rest and recovery.

I will consider it. However it contradicts the studies that I linked here. Could you pleass provide a reference that IF causes cortisol to elevate? Thank you.

About the muscles: I had greater muscle growth with 17 and then less growth (I actually lost some) until I started IF with 20.

See this study about fasting and testosterone:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2686332

"Short-term fasting increased the GnRH-elicited LH response by 67% in the non-obesegroup (LH incremental areas 2147 +/- 304 vs 3581 +/- 256, p less than 0.01), and the corresponding testosterone response by 180% (testosterone incremental areas 111 +/- 61 vs 311 +/- 49 micrograms.l-1.min-1, p less than 0.01). These results imply that food deprivation affects the pituitary-testicular axis differently in obese and non-obese men."

Last edited:

Quality

I think fasting is good for you only every once in a blue moon as to restore androgen receptor sensitivity, dopamine receptor density, and what not. But every day or even every week will destroy your health.
So true, I never do full long fasting periods, which arent good imo.
Short term fast/calorie restriction is the way to go, also have RE-FEEDING is very important every now and then.
The ghrelin/leptin balance highly influences behavior.

End of the day us humans are still animals, everything we do is directly or indirectly related to feeding/survival and reproduction.
Seeing the large amount of food available these days, people have lost their connection with food (no more hunting or dangerous situations required to have a nice warm meal at the end of the day, we become lazy and this is why we get physically weaker with each generation).
Fasting strengthens the appreciation for the smaller things in life, because the subjective reward to things (including food) is greater when you are in starvation/burning up fat reserves.
This is the reason why a meal tastes better when you worked your **** off, well that is my theory.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
So true, I never do full long fasting periods, which arent good imo.
Short term fast/calorie restriction is the way to go, also have RE-FEEDING is very important every now and then.
The ghrelin/leptin balance highly influences behavior.

End of the day us humans are still animals, everything we do is directly or indirectly related to feeding/survival and reproduction.
Seeing the large amount of food available these days, people have lost their connection with food (no more hunting or dangerous situations required to have a nice warm meal at the end of the day, we become lazy and this is why we get physically weaker with each generation).
Fasting strengthens the appreciation for the smaller things in life, because the subjective reward to things (including food) is greater when you are in starvation/burning up fat reserves.
This is the reason why a meal tastes better when you worked your **** off, well that is my theory.

18 hrs. fasting is considered as short-term fasting in literature.

How long do you fast?

Quality

Hey,

I tested Intermittent Fasting out a few months ago. I am still kinda doing it (18 hrs. the day) because of the energy boost it gives me. However my temperature always used to be 37.5○C (99.5○F) when I woke up but since fasting that changed. It's at 35.8○C (96.44 ○F) at the moment and no matter what I do, I can't change that. On workout days I eat 3000 kcal and off those days it's 2600 kcal. I try to eat a lot of potatoes, rice, good protein. Orange juice and a lot of salt. I am consuming coconut oil, olive oil and honey before sleep. I also wake up with a light aore throat. No change at all.

I always used to have a very fast metabolism and remained lean through my whole life.

I am almost 21 years old now (and still lean, maybe less than in the past).

Advices?
Long story short:
prone to stress = evoke a stronger cortisol/nor-adrenalin/adrenalin reponse = vasoconstrictive = byebye metabolism = byebye thermogenesis

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Long story short:
prone to stress = evoke a stronger cortisol/nor-adrenalin/adrenalin reponse = vasoconstrictive = byebye metabolism = byebye thermogenesis

What do you consider as a good intermittent fasting cycle?

Quality

18 hrs. fasting is considered as short-term fasting in literature.

How long do you fast?
I like to do things unplanned as I feel it will force your body to make stronger adaptations, and I do that usually by feeling.
Its like hard to describe...whenever I feel "too comfortable" when I wake up and life feels too easy I do it, about once a week on average.
I skip breakfast, skip lunch and eat dinner late, around 9.30pm and go to bed at around 11.30.
One thing I should note though, I DO NOT WORK OUT ON DAYS THAT I FAST, I feel it will drive people too catabolic.
I usually get alot of things done though on those days.
So I guess that will be a 24hour fast or so? As I usually eat 2 whole eggs with 2 spoons of oliveoil around 9pm on normal days.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
I like to do things unplanned as I feel it will force your body to make stronger adaptations, and I do that usually by feeling.
Its like hard to describe...whenever I feel "too comfortable" when I wake up and life feels too easy I do it, about once a week on average.
I skip breakfast, skip lunch and eat dinner late, around 9.30pm and go to bed at around 11.30.
One thing I should note though, I DO NOT WORK OUT ON DAYS THAT I FAST, I feel it will drive people too catabolic.
I usually get alot of things done though on those days.
So I guess that will be a 24hour fast or so? As I usually eat 2 whole eggs with 2 spoons of oliveoil around 9pm on normal days.

And your temperature is fine?

Quality

What do you consider as a good intermittent fasting cycle?
Im not a fan of Intermittent Fasting personally and honestly do not think humans are made for it (not in the planned way as we use it in modern society), we used to live in groups and hunt in groups, its not like every day was the same and people would go out hunting and come back home with a 3000calorie meal every night.
The intermittend fasting our ancenstors got was FORCED, as they had no supermarket, let alone a fridge full of food waiting for us at the end of the day.

My best advice for you would be start of slow with any form of fasting, slowly explore to how much your body can handle, if you feel your getting sick or weak (either mentally or physically) then you should stop as you are overdoing it.
There is such a thing as an optimal level, that level is different for everyone, has to do with genetic make up, theres too many factors involved.

Quality

And your temperature is fine?
Goes down slightly, but not much.

Also I do NOT TAKE BCAA during fasting, I know that is very much against what most people do who follow IF.
The problem with BCAA (mainly Leucine) is insulin spikes, the whole idea of fasting is temporary weakening/forcing your body to adapt/adjust.
Im strongly against taking BCAA during fasting as I feel it will negatively impact the strengthening effect of fasting on leptin sensitivity and insulin sensitivity.
Though BCAA while fasting would surely make fasting easier.
As for coffee/caffeine I would also avoid that during fasting (I guess this must be very hard for some people) as caffeine is mainly vasoconstrictive and would drive body temps even lower.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Goes down slightly, but not much.

Also I do NOT TAKE BCAA during fasting, I know that is very much against what most people do who follow IF.
The problem with BCAA (mainly Leucine) is insulin spikes, the whole idea of fasting is temporary weakening/forcing your body to adapt/adjust.
Im strongly against taking BCAA during fasting as I feel it will negatively impact the strengthening effect of fasting on leptin sensitivity and insulin sensitivity.
Though BCAA while fasting would surely make fasting easier.
As for coffee/caffeine I would also avoid that during fasting (I guess this must be very hard for some people) as caffeine is mainly vasoconstrictive and would drive body temps even lower.

Thank you Sir.

Quality

No probs, all the best if you do decide to do some form of fasting though.
Starting off slow will prevent you from doing too much metabolic harm.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Good job, your brain just crossed out your 98.6°F set point because you have been depriving it of food and it detected a famine. Sigh...

I did intermittent fasting for a while and pretty much ALL my health problems were caused by it.

Better stop it before you do any more lasting damage.

http://www.fixlowbodytemp.com/papers/Advanced Logical MethodsFree.pdf

Scroll down to about page 54, and start reading.

Good job, your brain just crossed out your 98.6°F set point because you have been depriving it of food and it detected a famine. Sigh...

I did intermittent fasting for a while and pretty much ALL my health problems were caused by it.

Better stop it before you do any more lasting damage.

http://www.fixlowbodytemp.com/papers/Advanced Logical MethodsFree.pdf

Scroll down to about page 54, and start reading.

Just read it. I really loved it. Do you think I'll be able to reset without drugs?