Body Temperature At 35.8○C (96.44 F○C) Since IF - Used To Be 37.5○C (99.5○F)

Hey,

I tested Intermittent Fasting out a few months ago. I am still kinda doing it (18 hrs. the day) because of the energy boost it gives me. However my temperature always used to be 37.5○C (99.5○F) when I woke up but since fasting that changed. It's at 35.8○C (96.44 ○F) at the moment and no matter what I do, I can't change that. On workout days I eat 3000 kcal and off those days it's 2600 kcal. I try to eat a lot of potatoes, rice, good protein. Orange juice and a lot of salt. I am consuming coconut oil, olive oil and honey before sleep. I also wake up with a light aore throat. No change at all.

I always used to have a very fast metabolism and remained lean through my whole life.

I am almost 21 years old now (and still lean, maybe less than in the past).

Advices?

Last edited:
Keep at it till you get to 33°, it might solve itself

Constatine

I think fasting is good for you only every once in a blue moon as to restore androgen receptor sensitivity, dopamine receptor density, and what not. But every day or even every week will destroy your health.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Good job, your brain just crossed out your 98.6°F set point because you have been depriving it of food and it detected a famine. Sigh...

I did intermittent fasting for a while and pretty much ALL my health problems were caused by it.

Better stop it before you do any more lasting damage.

http://www.fixlowbodytemp.com/papers/Advanced Logical MethodsFree.pdf

Scroll down to about page 54, and start reading.

Wow. Is there any way to reverse it back to normal?

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
The reason why I did Intermittent Fasting in the first place was to inctease my testosterone (180% in studies), HGH (2000% in studies) and androgen receptors. I grew a full beard in those 5 months of fasting and I look much more masculine. My face glows too. I am stronger than ever and I am super energetic. My mind works fast and I have no health problems at all. It is only my very low temperature that worries me.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Also another concern of me is that I get fatigue whenever I don't fast. I am not as much energetic as on Intermittent Fasting. It's like it was the cure for all my problems, except my low temperature and sore throat.

Wow. Is there any way to reverse it back to normal?

Fear not, you have a fair chance. Start reading the material on the site I linked to you, and then if you have any particular questions I'll help you out.
You can also check out my resetting thread under the Experiments section to get an idea how it's going to look and what you can expect.
Bottom line - you have to stop the alternate day fasting because you screwed up your temperature set-points and it's only going to get worse from here (it will cause no end of problems).

I know what you mean by 'energy boost' - I had that and increased mental clarity as well, however it is driven by stress hormones, particularly cortisol, and will ultimately break you down.
You need to get that energy boost some other way. Start eating normally, first of all. You haven't mentioned your thyroid status, have you done any tests?

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Fear not, you have a fair chance. Start reading the material on the site I linked to you, and then if you have any particular questions I'll help you out.
You can also check out my resetting thread under the Experiments section to get an idea how it's going to look and what you can expect.
Bottom line - you have to stop the alternate day fasting because you screwed up your temperature set-points and it's only going to get worse from here (it will cause no end of problems).

I know what you mean by 'energy boost' - I had that and increased mental clarity as well, however it is driven by stress hormones, particularly cortisol, and will ultimately break you down.
You need to get that energy boost some other way. Start eating normally, first of all. You haven't mentioned your thyroid status, have you done any tests?

Thanks. The doctor said my thyroid is great a month prior Intermittent Fasting. My dad never had thyroid issues either despite a bad diet. I don't know how my thyroid is now. I'll begin to eat normally now and see if that makes a change.

Can you give a short summary what I should do other than eating normally to reverse my body temperature?

Thanks. The doctor said my thyroid is great a month prior Intermittent Fasting. My dad never had thyroid issues either despite a bad diet. I don't know how my thyroid is now. I'll begin to eat normally now and see if that makes a change.

Can you give a short summary what I should do other than eating normally to reverse my body temperature?

You'll have to put aside a few days for this.

Get up in the morning, eat a decent breakfast (that isn't cold) dunk some hot coffee and get into a steaming shower, shoot your temp up to 99.something (don't die) and then dry up quickly. Put on all the clothing you can find and measure your temperature every few minutes to keep it at 98.6 and no more and no less. Maintain that for as long as you can. Do that every day until you can keep your temperatures with less and less clothing and until they come up on their own.

That's the simplified version, you'll have to read Steve's site in detail in order to not screw something up or kill yourself.

InChristAlone

Sounds like how many people end up here, They run on cortisol and adrenaline for too long and thyroid starts to shut down. It feels good for a while depending on how healthy you are. Being a woman I have never been healthy enough to try out some of these ridiculous eating plans, I have normal temp and pulse and need to eat and sleep and rest like everyone else. Don't try to be superman!

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
You'll have to put aside a few days for this.

Get up in the morning, eat a decent breakfast (that isn't cold) dunk some hot coffee and get into a steaming shower, shoot your temp up to 99.something (don't die) and then dry up quickly. Put on all the clothing you can find and measure your temperature every few minutes to keep it at 98.6 and no more and no less. Maintain that for as long as you can. Do that every day until you can keep your temperatures with less and less clothing and until they come up on their own.

That's the simplified version, you'll have to read Steve's site in detail in order to not screw something up or kill yourself.

Haha. That's the opposite I did every day. Especially now in Winter. Basically taking ice cold showers in the morning, wearing very light clothes (undershirt), drinking cold drinks. Seems like I messed myself up a lot.

Well thanks a lot! I will try that out and try to fix my temperature. Is 98.6○F the temperature for under the armpit?

About the cortisol theory: are you sure about that? Cortisol would mean that my testosterone levels would be lower but Intermittent Fasting basically increased my testosterone levels. I built muscle mass that I was never able to before, I grew a full beard, I have incredible strength.

Also see this study which diproves that Intermittent Fasting increases Cortisol:

[Cortisol rhythm during the month of Ramadan]. - PubMed - NCBI

"There was no significant difference between the cortisol response to 1-24 corticotropin at 20:00 hours during Ramadan and the responses before Ramadan at 20:00 hours and 08:00 hours."

Or this study:

A controlled trial of reduced meal frequency without caloric restriction in healthy, normal-weight, middle-aged adults. - PubMed - NCBI

"and a significant decrease in concentrations of cortisol."

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Sounds like thyroid output does come down during fasting so you do not burn up your muscles, that is only logical right?

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Sounds like thyroid output does come down during fasting so you do not burn up your muscles, that is only logical right?

Umm yeah. I have great muscle mass and incredible strength. I feel like the Hulk and I look much more masculine. My hair density is even much better. It changed my life to the positive. I even grew 1 cm in height. I'll never regret that I did Intermittent Fasting. It just brought problems with my temperature.

InChristAlone

We have heard this story a lot. Not saying you will crash, but it has happened to a lot of people. Your body temp indicates low thyroid regardless of how you feel. I don't know much about testosterone, but if it is anything like estrogen... give it to mice and they will frantically race around with abundant energy. I've been through this and I had a major crash. Still trying to get my health back.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
We have heard this story a lot. Not saying you will crash, but it has happened to a lot of people. Your body temp indicates low thyroid regardless of how you feel. I don't know much about testosterone, but if it is anything like estrogen... give it to mice and they will frantically race around with abundant energy. I've been through this and I had a major crash. Still trying to get my health back.

Well men have 3 times less testosterone nowadays than 100 years ago. Why do you think that men of the past looked so different? I wish I could go back to that time.

I'm sorry to hear about your crash. I wish you all the best.

FredSonoma

Umm yeah. I have great muscle mass and incredible strength. I feel like the Hulk and I look much more masculine. My hair density is even much better. It changed my life to the positive. I even grew 1 cm in height. I'll never regret that I did Intermittent Fasting. It just brought problems with my temperature.
Completely understandable if you'd prefer not to, but do you by any chance have before / after pictures? Curious to see facial changes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals