Body Odor From Increase In Caffeine/Metabolism

Jsaute21

I have encountered many others post regarding this topic. Some say it is a sign that metabolism is improving, others are unsure. All i know is its a bit appalling. As a dude, i shouldn't be surprised but the sweat resulting from my coffee intake is a powerful and strong odor that is a bit insufferable for me, and i assume those around me. Due to being aware of harmful toxins like aluminum, i avoid old spice and other deoderants but sometimes have to use them.

Any thoughts on what this increase in BO truly represents?

Waynish

There is "stress sweat" - how do you *feel* when "increasing metabolism"?

OP
J

Jsaute21

@Waynish I feel pretty damn good comparatively speaking. Don't want to take you through my timeline of improving health, but things were pretty bad about a year ago. I am someone who has always appeared healthy, but my libido/mood were bad and depression was present for the past 2 or so years. I was unknowingly very hypothyroid. (I had no clue what that even meant.) Since eating for heat and using thyroid occasionally as well as haidut's supplements, i have felt better. Good news is i sweat more than i used to. Bad news is that sweat results in strong BO. I am a 28 year old man so i kind of expect my sweat to be strong, but it is not fun to smell.

Waynish

If you don't want to sweat these things out, then maybe slow down on the metabolic increase and do it gradually?

OP
J

Jsaute21

If you don't want to sweat these things out, then maybe slow down on the metabolic increase and do it gradually?

Not a bad thought but i would rather sweat it out. Just caught between a rock and a hard place as i have a beautiful girlfriend. Not fun being told your armpits smell. I take pride in my hygiene/physical appearance, but take more pride in my health. If the demons need to come out, lets get em out.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Do you wear deodorant or anything? All I have done for 2+ years now is get bicarbonate of soda in my hand, wet it and rub it into my armpits. I never smell.

I try to stay away from deodorant and aluminum as i become more knowledeable, but i sweat too easily lately, and the smell is too potent to avoid wearing. I will try the bicarbonate, it seems to be a common theme on here. Thanks for the advice.

raypeatclips

I try to stay away from deodorant and aluminum as i become more knowledeable, but i sweat too easily lately, and the smell is too potent to avoid wearing. I will try the bicarbonate, it seems to be a common theme on here. Thanks for the advice.

You can get kg bags off eBay/Amazon for cheaper than 250g in a supermarket. My girlfriend and family have asked me before why I never smell and I tell them (they have also seen me apply it so knew it anyway) but none of them have started it themselves. Does it seem too simple? I don't know

Luann

Not a bad thought but i would rather sweat it out. Just caught between a rock and a hard place as i have a beautiful girlfriend. Not fun being told your armpits smell. I take pride in my hygiene/physical appearance, but take more pride in my health. If the demons need to come out, lets get em out.

Same here.....it's like, "get it out! get it all out!" lol.
Bicarb is good. My odor seems to come from added milk A & D vitamins but US insists on having them in skim milk, bummer

Giraffe

Thiamine helps me. I note the difference immediately. However others here have reported that supplementing thiamine increased their body odor.

Amazigh

I would look at intestinal bacteria first. I had a parasite a few years back and my armpits smelled like rotten onions til I got rid of it. Now I don't need deodorant unless I have some digestive issue. When I do use one, I use Native which is basically baking soda coconut oil and essential oils.

OP
J

Jsaute21

I would look at intestinal bacteria first. I had a parasite a few years back and my armpits smelled like rotten onions til I got rid of it. Now I don't need deodorant unless I have some digestive issue. When I do use one, I use Native which is basically baking soda coconut oil and essential oils.
How did you best discover/tackle intestinal bacteria?

Amazigh

You mean the parasite? I had pinworms, so I just took an otc pinworm medication. Still struggling with gut bacteria on and off, so I'll let you know when I figure it out. I will probably end up having to get off starch which is hard when you have to choose from whatever is around at work.

JamesGatz

I usually see smell described as an ATP issue, the faster your metabolic rate the more ATP you should generate in theory, I've seen success stories trying supplements with this
HOWEVER,
This is my theory (from personal experience):
Whenever I eat meat in larger quantities I start to smell and noticed this in other people as well, people have mentioned to me that milk and fruit alone doesn't cause the issues and I agree, but this is very unfulfilling - I had initially thought it was meat and starch digestive issues that caused the smell, BUT what made me change my mind is this -
Whenever my stomach becomes too acidic, I start to smell, If I drink 2-3 cups of coffee back to back - I start to smell and will need to consume something alkalinizing for improvement. Too much meat makes me smell, but meat also is acidic, too much starch - same issue. Too much Mexican coke and I start to smell - I doubt this is related to caffeine. I am not sure how exactly this process works, but I know from my personal experience - the more acidic my stomach - the smellier I get. I would recommend experimentation with including more alkalizing foods and less acidic foods to see if you see improvement as this seems to fix the job for me

If this is true, it makes sense why baking soda under the armpits would work as this would have a more alkalizing effect on the body I'm sure

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals