body hair

chris

I was wondering if anybody knew anything about the hormonal side of body hair, specifically new body hair growing where it hadn't before. And does anybody know if this indicates if certain things are moving in the right/wrong direction?

jyb

Hey, I've been asking myself that same question recently and I mentioned it on a few posts on this forum.

I've had hairs growing in new areas (like a bit under the arm - so its a bit unusual), and a bit of hair near my usual hair on the forehead. The new hair/hairs are not dense, so its just a curiosity so far. I think of it as good, because at least I'm not losing hair.

It seems that the hair/hairs grew when I took progesterone. But it's not clear at all that it was due to that.

jyb

j. said:
If it looks ugly, I guess something's wrong.

Well its body hair so I don't think aesthetics is a good indicator. Since I'm a male, it's never a problem, and maybe even appreciated.

4peatssake

jyb said:
j. said:
If it looks ugly, I guess something's wrong.

Well its body hair so I don't think aesthetics is a good indicator. Since I'm a male, it's never a problem, and maybe even appreciated.

I think for women, though, aesthetics may be a pretty good indicator. :lol:

We don't really looked that good with whiskers. :eek

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K So What Explains Why Balding Men Have More Body Hair Hair & Nails 45
J What Explains Extreme Body Hair/beard But MPB? Hair & Nails 214
Christopher R. Has Anybody Noticed A Reduction In Body Hair On A Peatish Diet? Health 10
Cameron Does Estrogen Push Out Androgens Out Of The Skin Causing Body Hair? Metabolism 4
C Help With Hair/eyebrow/body Hair Ask For Help or Advice 5
C Help! I'm A 27 Year Old Woman, Feeling Like A Medical Mystery: Facial Hair, Body Hair, But Not PCOS? Hair & Nails 16
D What Is The Hormonal Profile Of A Man W/full Head Of Hair And A Hairy Body? Male Issues 13
dfspcc20 Body Hair (or Lack Thereof) In Males Hair & Nails 42
J My Hair Loss Has Made Me Ask - What Is Going On With My Body? Ask For Help or Advice 67
BearWithMe Boosting metabolism causes huge stress reaction in very well fed body Ask For Help or Advice 31
J Why is my facial skin so sensitive to the sun all of a sudden? (not by body though) Skin 0
F What is it that actually fails in the body the moment you become hypothyroid as a result of chronic stress? Ask For Help or Advice 5
M How to find out if there’s too much calcium in my body? Ask For Help or Advice 3
U Any type of body movement or stimulation knocks me out... Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 28
Hgreen56 High sugar consumption could cause the body to become unable to regulate androgen levels? Hormones 21
F Can high reverse T3 cause acummulation of the exogenous thyroid hormone in the body? Ask For Help or Advice 3
R 660nm red light full body panels - NO IR Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 10
ScurveDream With oversaturation, inflation, superabundance & extremity, almost everything/body becomes worthless Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 1
username After I work out with moderate intensity I sleep very poorly and get very anhedonic, depressed, and anxious. What is my body telling me? Exercise 46
Twohandsondeck Low body temperature + death in the Bible (1 Kings 1:1) Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 22
Cloudhands This fruitarian body builder shares his blood work Blood Work, Labs 119
GorillaHead Which one increases core body temp more? Glucose or fructose and or combination? Diet 23
R Butter and bad body odour? Ask For Help or Advice 7
S warm body temp, nose and hands, cold feet? Metabolism 48
C Cordyceps militaris Fruit Body Extract increases testosterone and DHT secretion Scientific Studies 46
deliciousfruit confusion about body temperature and thyroid Metabolism 5
L Ray Peat Interview Dec 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Body Temperature, Current Events, Etc. Interviews 21
A Low Body Temperature Ask For Help or Advice 0
D Lower And Upper Body Weakness Symptoms, Causes 0
S The Key To Low Body-fat, Regardless Of Diet/Exercise? Diet 35
Happycat My Hot Body Monitoring Vitals 25
Mito The Metabolism Of Every Part Of The Body Is Affected By The Redox State Of The Blood Scientific Studies 5
TheSir Individual Variation In Body Temperature Ask For Help or Advice 27
E Dolores Cahill. Smoke And Mirrors, Malfeasance, Body Integrity Society 4
Yggr Body Fat Distribution Metabolism 4
I Hypothyroid. Unable To Sweat. Body Overheats Very Often Metabolism 19
ScurveDream Is Manually Heating/warming The Body A Good Approach? Sharing All Of My "implementations." Ask For Help or Advice 2
T Whatever Fixes Baldness Is Going To Transform The Entire Body In A Big Way, Right? Hair & Nails 39
R Body Temperature At 36.2 Celsius Metabolism 3
lyfe How Long Do You Believe The Human Body Can Live? Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 13
D Big Drop In Body Temperature While Walking Thyroid and Hormones 9
S What's Up With Raising Body Temperature In This Forum? Thyroid and Hormones 5
BearWithMe My Body Doesn't Metabolise Calcium Properly And Nothing Seems To Help Ask For Help or Advice 45
not_James_Bond Sexist Body Terms Society 6
U Low Body Temperature Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 2
emac Numbness On Left Side Of Body For Last 2 Days (20yo Male) Help? Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 9
A What Does Coffe Increase Or Decrease In The Body? Ask For Help or Advice 10
paulwalkerrip Body Finally Able To Cool Itself Testimonials 7
BearWithMe When Your Body Doesn't Tolerate What It Needs The Most Ask For Help or Advice 25
ScurveDream Body And Spirit Mismatch -- Thoughts/ideas? Ask For Help or Advice 0