Body Hair (or Lack Thereof) In Males

LCohen

I used letrozole for 4 weeks. It slowed down my body hairiness. Hairs on my chest regrowed slowed. (I cut them)

Same story with prolactin. When my prolactin is high, body hair grows ******* fast. Scalp hair is getting oily and shedding. (Prolactin triggers sebum)

After I use prolactin inhibitors, again my body hair grows slowly.

thomas00

I took dutasteride for about ten years. Once I stopped taking it I grew a lot of body hair.

I pretty sure using preg+dhea combo increased by body hair too.

Hairfedup

Then why are whites hairier than blacks, when blacks have more DHT?

I think its just genetic..but...maybe it isn't. Lol. I find that the higher melanin content, the less hairy people tend to be. For example, people of Nilotic stock are entirely hairless, and even struggle to grow beards. The Igbo tribe of Nigeria tend to be lighter than their neighbors (even though they are genetically identical to close populations such as Yorubas, and even Bantus on a macro-level) and can be seen to sometimes have chest/abdomen hair as well as arm and leg hair that is virtually absent in Yoruba/Bantu/Nilotic/Chadic/Atlantic-Congo populations. Igbo women too, tend to be hairy in comparison , but again, are known to be of lighter skin. Lighter skinned Bantus with heavy admixture (South Africans + Khoesan / East Bantu + Cushite) also often tend to have much more body hair.

South Indian Tamils tend to have no hair on their bodies either with melanin content comparative to Niger-Congo peoples. For me, its a melanin thing based purely on observation.

smith

Whites have less subcutaneous fat, blacks have more. When this fat atrophies it's replaced with hair- or, with vellus hairs becoming terminal, as the purpose of both is heat retention.

Last edited:

What evidence do you have that whites are hairier than blacks exactly?

Black people can be quite hairy as well. Look at Kimbo Slice for example.

lvysaur

For me, its a melanin thing based purely on observation.
Weird. The entire region of the Middle East/India kind of disproves that hypothesis on a very basic level. Even Southeast Asia (when compared to North Asia), or southern Native Americans compared to northern ones (Quechua often had beards)

Not to mention that in Europe, hairiness is basically a function of Mideastern ancestry. The more indigenous European ancestry, the less body hair, AKA Russians vs. Italians, or a Dolph Lundgren vs. a Sylvester Stallone. If anything, hirsutism seems to be a trait of sexual selection in warmer climates.
Whites have less subcutaneous fat, blacks have more.
Pretty sure you have that reversed lol. Blacks have a higher obesity rate, but when you compare ceterus paribus, whites have higher body fat %ages, at least white men.

Last edited:

lvysaur

What evidence do you have that whites are hairier than blacks exactly?

If you compare unmixed "whites" to unmixed "blacks" the whites are definitely hairier. However, even whites get their hirsuteness from Middle Eastern admixture, the same way that black Americans get theirs from white admixture (which contains said Middle Eastern admixture).

Last edited:

smith

Pretty sure you have that reversed lol. Blacks have a higher obesity rate, but when you compare ceterus paribus, whites have higher body fat %ages, at least white men.
I'm talking about subcutaneous fat here, not overall body fat percentage or obesity. Which is why I underlined it sigh

Hairfedup

Weird. The entire region of the Middle East/India kind of disproves that hypothesis on a very basic level. Even Southeast Asia (when compared to North Asia), or southern Native Americans compared to northern ones (Quechua often had beards)

Not to mention that in Europe, hairiness is basically a function of Mideastern ancestry. The more indigenous European ancestry, the less body hair, AKA Russians vs. Italians, or a Dolph Lundgren vs. a Sylvester Stallone. If anything, hirsutism seems to be a trait of sexual selection in warmer climates.

No bro you've misconstrued me. If you look at the populations I described, I'm in no way talking about the moderately dark/brown skinned people of the Sub-continent, especially not the Mediterranean. The darkest people of the subcontinent, i.e. Tamils and Sri Lankans are hairless and within the same range of West-Central Africans. You really missed the point huh? "Disproved on a very basic level" lol is that right? Didn't know I had to spoonfeed you the context of the statement.

Hairfedup

I'm talking about subcutaneous fat here, not overall body fat percentage or obesity. Which is why I underlined it sigh

Yeah, you're right of course. To what degree do you think high melanin influences the degree of subcutaneous fat one has?

broozer

Whites have less subcutaneous fat, blacks have more. When this fat atrophies it's replaced with hair- or, with vellus hairs becoming terminal, as the purpose of both is heat retention.
in my experience this happend too. i was a little bit chubby guy, few body/facial hair. got depressed, fat deposits changed from subcutaneous to abdominal. grew hair on arms, chest,legs and a beard.

lvysaur

The darkest people of the subcontinent, i.e. Tamils and Sri Lankans are hairless
I've seen extremely hairy dark skinned Indian people. I don't think I remember seeing any hairless ones. I've seen plenty of hairless whites though, they're quite common--one only has to look at the oval office.
I'm talking about subcutaneous fat here, not overall body fat percentage or obesity.
As am I. Black people often have an extremely lean look, to the point where it's become a meme in bodybuilding parlance to have "Black genetics". It's a classic "shredded" look.

Whites have more fat under their skin, Asians probably even moreso.

Last edited:

Hairfedup

I've seen extremely hairy dark skinned Indian people. I don't think I remember seeing any hairless ones. I've seen plenty of hairless whites though, they're quite common--one only has to look at the oval office.

As am I. Black people often have an extremely lean look, to the point where it's become a meme in bodybuilding parlance to have "Black genetics". It's a classic "shredded" look.

Whites have more fat under their skin, Asians probably even moreso.

Seems like you just argue for the sake of it, rather than to understand. Sad. Indians can indeed be extremely hairy - NORTH (and considerably lighter) of Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka. Again, you're reaching. Irish have Middle-Eastern admixture? That's why they're hairy? Give me a break lol. Send all admixture analyses and PCA charts necessary. Your take on subcutaneous fat is also misguided. I guess that's why dude stopped replying to you.

It is genetic

Serum androgen levels in black, Hispanic, and white men. - PubMed - NCBI

"After adjustment, there was evidence of racial/ethnic differences in DHT (P = 0.047) and DHT to testosterone (P = 0.038) levels. Black men had higher DHT levels and DHT to testosterone ratios than white and Hispanic men."

I’ve read this study multiple times, and others related to it - the key here is glucuronidation genetics. This paper is very good for more information:

Evidence for Geographical and Racial Variation in Serum Sex Steroid Levels in Older Men

I think that’s much more relevant that all the nonsense about thermal insulation and stuff

Hairfedup

I’ve read this study multiple times, and others related to it - the key here is glucuronidation genetics. This paper is very good for more information:

Evidence for Geographical and Racial Variation in Serum Sex Steroid Levels in Older Men

I think that’s much more relevant that all the nonsense about thermal insulation and stuff

Hey, hope you don't mind me asking but you seem very well read - to what degree does mtDNA influence both glucoronidation genetics and DHT levels/ DHT:Testosterone ratios in men? I read a fascinating paper recently regarding the differences in maternal [racial] haplogroups dictating a number of processes and the results were significant.

That’s not an easy question on a Friday night ;)

I’m always wary of genotypes v phenotype though. The paper I’m quoting shows how rapid the adaptations can be, no matter what the race.

I’ll edit tomorrow.

lvysaur

Indians can indeed be extremely hairy - NORTH (and considerably lighter) of Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka. Again, you're reaching. Irish have Middle-Eastern admixture? That's why they're hairy? Give me a break lol. Send all admixture analyses and PCA charts necessary. Your take on subcutaneous fat is also misguided. I guess that's why dude stopped replying to you.
lol, I've lived around them. South Indians too. They're not hairless by any measure.

Yes, all Europeans (and Indians for that matter) have Middle Eastern admixture. Such admixture ups hairiness. No need to be so butthurt.
Seems like you just argue for the sake of it, rather than to understand.

You'd be right if this were directed at yourself.

Cameron

Cracking the code of full head of hair and full beard wish it was easier! What about the best ways to raise 5ar in the skin and not just brain or other organs?

Cameron

T3 androsterone seem promising but how effective is thyroid or andro or topical dht at raising skin androgen sensitivity to start terminal body and terminal facial hairs @haidut

Hairfedup

lol, I've lived around them. South Indians too. They're not hairless by any measure.

Yes, all Europeans (and Indians for that matter) have Middle Eastern admixture. Such admixture ups hairiness. No need to be so butthurt.

You'd be right if this were directed at yourself.

Lol you're beyond rationale. You say you've lived with South Indians but don't bother to specify from where - because you don't actually know. Andhra Pradesh? Goa? Karneteka? Kerala? Or actually Tamil Nadu (non Brahmins and non-Muslim as both have significant Indo-Aryan admixture, who are, you know....hairy). You don't even come with the admixture analyses...you're talking about admixture of West Asians farmers prior to the Neolithic or Holocene. You don't have a raasclart clue about what you're talking about...lol... you're beyond help. Bless you lil homie. Higher melanation=less hairy. Get a grip. You couldn't even contextually grasp what the other dude told you about subcutaneous fat and correlated it with body fat percentage/leaness LOL. God bless you, you need it.

@Sourdoughbanana Lol cool man, look forward to it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals