Yggr

Hi all

I wasn't sure where to post this so I figured it was metabolism related.

So my question is. Is it possible to change bodyfat distribution?

My current understanding is that testosterone in lower range and out of upper limits causes the typical android distribution. I'm sure this is related to cortisol and estrogen but not certain the mechanisms.

In females with pcos they have a Android distribution and there is controversy if it's hyperesteogenism or androgenism. My hunch is that normalising progesterone levels would reduce visceral fat accumulation in both genders. Appreciate any insights in this regard.

Peato Diet

Hi all

I wasn't sure where to post this so I figured it was metabolism related.

So my question is. Is it possible to change bodyfat distribution?

My current understanding is that testosterone in lower range and out of upper limits causes the typical android distribution. I'm sure this is related to cortisol and estrogen but not certain the mechanisms.

In females with pcos they have a Android distribution and there is controversy if it's hyperesteogenism or androgenism. My hunch is that normalising progesterone levels would reduce visceral fat accumulation in both genders. Appreciate any insights in this regard.

Bodybuilders will say that the last fat deposits to disappear during a fat loss cycle is around the lower stomach area to reveal the lower six pack and likewise it is the same area where fat first shows once it is gained again. At least in males. I guess that is not necessarily visceral fat though.

I think there are studies which show that 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar each day aids in fat loss and that loss is visceral fat.

Zigzag

Surely is if oyu're manipulating the E2/Cortisol ratio. Prolactin etc.
Is belly fat basically cortisol? Also afaik E2 makes you get fat in the lower parts, butt and thighs. I actually have that issue, but my e2 levels are low.

equipoise

Is belly fat basically cortisol? Also afaik E2 makes you get fat in the lower parts, butt and thighs. I actually have that issue, but my e2 levels are low.

Lower belly fat definitely is cortisol related, I can attest to that. It'd seem like estrogen would put fat into thighs and glutes.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S The Key To Low Body-fat, Regardless Of Diet/Exercise? Diet 35
E Coffee Linked To Lower Body Fat In Women Scientific Studies 0
haidut Vitamin D Reduces Blood Sugar And Body Fat In Obese Women Scientific Studies 2
Inaut How To Lose Stubborn Body Fat With A High Fruit Diet Fruits 3
boris Low Fat Diet - No Changes In Fat Oxidation, But More Body Fat Lost Than In A Low Carb Diet Scientific Studies 2
E If You Consume More Than You Burn Shiitake Extract Reduces Body Fat Increase (08-2019 Animal Study) Scientific Studies 3
ScurveDream Fat Staying On Certain Areas Of The Body, Regardless Of Dieting? Diet 55
R What Is The Role Of Fat In The Body? Fats 3
F Minocycline Decreased Body Fat Accumulation From High-fat Diet And Improved The Microbiome Profile Scientific Studies 4
R I'm Done Looking For A Method To Lower Body Fat Without Caloric Restriction Health 224
LoryEl Probiotics Help U Loose Body Fat? Diet, Recipes 2
P Scientists Discover An Entirely New Biological System That Regulates Body Fat Articles & Scientific Studies 2
cyclops Shining Red Light On Body Fat? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 1
R High Body Fat Percentage Breaks Down DHT To Less Potent Metabolite 3a-diol Ask For Help or Advice 2
P Low-fat Diet 'better' Than Low-carb Diet For Getting Rid Of Body Fat Scientific Studies 18
Amazoniac Carbohydrates are NOT easily converted into body fat Starches, Fiber, Legumes 2
N Body fat, stress hormones and CO2 Weight 18
C Does your body constantly need fat and protein? Ask For Help or Advice 3
haidut Stress gives you 11 extra pounds of body weight (fat) a year Scientific Studies 0
S 1600mg DHEA Results in 31% Body Fat Decrease in 4 weeks htt Supplements 2
C Off Thyroid Meds, Progesterone, High Body Temperature, Belly Fat Logs 41
Soren Thyroid (t3) causes body odor change what is the cause? Should I stop? Thyroid and Hormones 6
BearWithMe Boosting metabolism causes huge stress reaction in very well fed body Ask For Help or Advice 31
J Why is my facial skin so sensitive to the sun all of a sudden? (not by body though) Skin 0
F What is it that actually fails in the body the moment you become hypothyroid as a result of chronic stress? Ask For Help or Advice 5
M How to find out if there’s too much calcium in my body? Ask For Help or Advice 3
U Any type of body movement or stimulation knocks me out... Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 28
Hgreen56 High sugar consumption could cause the body to become unable to regulate androgen levels? Hormones 21
F Can high reverse T3 cause acummulation of the exogenous thyroid hormone in the body? Ask For Help or Advice 3
R 660nm red light full body panels - NO IR Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 10
ScurveDream With oversaturation, inflation, superabundance & extremity, almost everything/body becomes worthless Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 1
username After I work out with moderate intensity I sleep very poorly and get very anhedonic, depressed, and anxious. What is my body telling me? Exercise 46
Twohandsondeck Low body temperature + death in the Bible (1 Kings 1:1) Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 22
Cloudhands This fruitarian body builder shares his blood work Blood Work, Labs 119
GorillaHead Which one increases core body temp more? Glucose or fructose and or combination? Diet 23
R Butter and bad body odour? Ask For Help or Advice 7
S warm body temp, nose and hands, cold feet? Metabolism 50
cupofcoffee Cordyceps militaris Fruit Body Extract increases testosterone and DHT secretion Scientific Studies 47
deliciousfruit confusion about body temperature and thyroid Metabolism 5
L Ray Peat Interview Dec 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Body Temperature, Current Events, Etc. Interviews 21
A Low Body Temperature Ask For Help or Advice 0
D Lower And Upper Body Weakness Symptoms, Causes 0
Happycat My Hot Body Monitoring Vitals 25
Mito The Metabolism Of Every Part Of The Body Is Affected By The Redox State Of The Blood Scientific Studies 5
TheSir Individual Variation In Body Temperature Ask For Help or Advice 27
E Dolores Cahill. Smoke And Mirrors, Malfeasance, Body Integrity Society 4
K So What Explains Why Balding Men Have More Body Hair Hair & Nails 45
I Hypothyroid. Unable To Sweat. Body Overheats Very Often Metabolism 19
ScurveDream Is Manually Heating/warming The Body A Good Approach? Sharing All Of My "implementations." Ask For Help or Advice 2
T Whatever Fixes Baldness Is Going To Transform The Entire Body In A Big Way, Right? Hair & Nails 39