Yggr

Hi all

I wasn't sure where to post this so I figured it was metabolism related.

So my question is. Is it possible to change bodyfat distribution?

My current understanding is that testosterone in lower range and out of upper limits causes the typical android distribution. I'm sure this is related to cortisol and estrogen but not certain the mechanisms.

In females with pcos they have a Android distribution and there is controversy if it's hyperesteogenism or androgenism. My hunch is that normalising progesterone levels would reduce visceral fat accumulation in both genders. Appreciate any insights in this regard.

Peato Diet

Hi all

I wasn't sure where to post this so I figured it was metabolism related.

So my question is. Is it possible to change bodyfat distribution?

My current understanding is that testosterone in lower range and out of upper limits causes the typical android distribution. I'm sure this is related to cortisol and estrogen but not certain the mechanisms.

In females with pcos they have a Android distribution and there is controversy if it's hyperesteogenism or androgenism. My hunch is that normalising progesterone levels would reduce visceral fat accumulation in both genders. Appreciate any insights in this regard.

Bodybuilders will say that the last fat deposits to disappear during a fat loss cycle is around the lower stomach area to reveal the lower six pack and likewise it is the same area where fat first shows once it is gained again. At least in males. I guess that is not necessarily visceral fat though.

I think there are studies which show that 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar each day aids in fat loss and that loss is visceral fat.

Zigzag

Surely is if oyu're manipulating the E2/Cortisol ratio. Prolactin etc.
Is belly fat basically cortisol? Also afaik E2 makes you get fat in the lower parts, butt and thighs. I actually have that issue, but my e2 levels are low.

equipoise

Is belly fat basically cortisol? Also afaik E2 makes you get fat in the lower parts, butt and thighs. I actually have that issue, but my e2 levels are low.

Lower belly fat definitely is cortisol related, I can attest to that. It'd seem like estrogen would put fat into thighs and glutes.

SonOfEurope

A healthy male will distribute fat along the sides of the midsection and some in the back area.

Testosterone by itself does not have much influence on where fat is stored, if anything it has an effect on the depth of fat (males have deeper fat tissue)

The hormones that affect where fat is stored are the hormones at the end of the hormonal cascade, E2, Cortisol and DHT.

Some T is aromatized to E2.

Estrogen shifts fat towards the lower body.

Cortisol shifts fat towards the belly.

Insulin wants to store it all over .

Progesterone shifts the action of estrogen's lower body body fat towards the chest area, as does prolactin.

The reason females store fat in such a harmonious way is the estrogen-progesterone cycle, estrogen sensitizes the body to p4 and the other way around.

Males don't have such cycle, just a steady T and P4 output with higher baseline cortisol which shifts it mostly to the belly area.

This is incredibly complex.

All I can say is females are biologically designed to store much more fat than men... even to the point that the way they distribute it is what triggers male attraction to their bodies, a healthy male should be around 10 to 15% body fat in optimal health as a hunter and provider - women of reproductive age can have as much as 30% and it's all a sexual characteristic of them making them highly erotic to the male mind.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

SonOfEurope

Females have more superficial fat which attributes to their neoteny and beauty - males have fat that goes deeper into the tissue and tougher skin... this is so complex I would write a 150 sentence on the subject but I'll just leave it at that women are more neotenic and men more "specialized" as Peat himself said - to survive as hunters and maximize less total fat in ratio to muscle in a lower surface volume area.

Note the softness of a woman's skin?

Immanency

@SonOfEurope deeper in the tissue,do you assume that fat is closer to muscles/organs/bones than women,or do yo assume that men fat is denser,therefore it has less volume?

VitoScaletta

A healthy male will distribute fat along the sides of the midsection and some in the back area.

Testosterone by itself does not have much influence on where fat is stored, if anything it has an effect on the depth of fat (males have deeper fat tissue)

The hormones that affect where fat is stored are the hormones at the end of the hormonal cascade, E2, Cortisol and DHT.

Some T is aromatized to E2.

Estrogen shifts fat towards the lower body.

Cortisol shifts fat towards the belly.

Insulin wants to store it all over .

Progesterone shifts the action of estrogen's lower body body fat towards the chest area, as does prolactin.

The reason females store fat in such a harmonious way is the estrogen-progesterone cycle, estrogen sensitizes the body to p4 and the other way around.

Males don't have such cycle, just a steady T and P4 output with higher baseline cortisol which shifts it mostly to the belly area.

This is incredibly complex.

All I can say is females are biologically designed to store much more fat than men... even to the point that the way they distribute it is what triggers male attraction to their bodies, a healthy male should be around 10 to 15% body fat in optimal health as a hunter and provider - women of reproductive age can have as much as 30% and it's all a sexual characteristic of them making them highly erotic to the male mind.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Very informative sir 👍

SonOfEurope

Androgens by nature oppose fat being stored in the limbs, as a male must maintain athleticism even with a larger belly, the cycle of young females stores fat mostly in the hip and legs which is sexually attractive to males but still spares some space all over the body for it's distribution.

Females are more neotenic or, to say the least, less specialized.

SonOfEurope

I wonder if females' ability to store fat all over and more total over all, especially lower body, increases their rate of toxin storage and elimination... not accounting for menstruation even... contributing to their longer lifespan.