Body Composition And Metabolism

Mito

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-017-0174-y#Abs1

Interesting how muscle tissue has nearly 3x the metabolic rate as fat tissue. And RRE (resting energy expenditure) is 18% greater for muscle tissue as compared to fat tissue.

IMG_0777.jpg

DrJ

Definitely reflects my experience that, as you build muscle, the rate at which you move to leanness increases. Doesn't really take much either. Three 35min heavy lifting workouts a week of 3 heavy-weight, low-rep sets of squats, standing press, and deadlift, plus 1-2 support lifts like rows or dips and leanness can come in 3 months from average bit of love-handle weight. Pretty small price to pay in time per week. Peat says if you want to lose weight you should build muscle and watch your starches. I find that eating a lot of saturated fat helps, probably from increased testosterone production. Gives the muscles a nice full (but not about-to-pop balloon) look. Get after it friends.

L

lollipop

Interesting. Especially the liver RRE, up there with muscle and brain. Maybe partially why when I worked on my liver, metabolic health kicked in?

tankasnowgod

Well, clearly, if we're really trying to up our metabolism, we should forget muscle, and really try and up the vital organs!

I want 4 kidneys, 3 livers, 2 hearts, and 7 brains! Who's with me?

Ideonaut

Well, clearly, if we're really trying to up our metabolism, we should forget muscle, and really try and up the vital organs!

I want 4 kidneys, 3 livers, 2 hearts, and 7 brains! Who's with me?
not me. I have trouble enough with one brain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals