Blurry vision

nigma

Recently my right eye became blurry. An eye exam couldnt find anything.. suggested it could be a stigmatism. But it would be odd if it occured suddenly.

I suspect it might have been my poor digestion combined with a high milk diet, which was 1 to 1.5 L a day of 1.5% fat milk. I stopped it and my eye sight normalised after a few days. Now if I drink over 500 mL a day it comes back.

Any theories to explain this? I first suspected it the mechanism was the fluid of my tears somehow had too much calcium, but eye drops didn't make a difference. They come with an acid, so it stings a bit, but if there was any undissolved calcium, the acid would help to break it up.

I'd like to keep drinking milk, but I like having sharp vision more.

laleto12

It's definitely digestion related but I couldn't pinpoint the exact cause

Hans

Forum Supporter
Recently my right eye became blurry. An eye exam couldnt find anything.. suggested it could be a stigmatism. But it would be odd if it occured suddenly.

I suspect it might have been my poor digestion combined with a high milk diet, which was 1 to 1.5 L a day of 1.5% fat milk. I stopped it and my eye sight normalised after a few days. Now if I drink over 500 mL a day it comes back.

Any theories to explain this? I first suspected it the mechanism was the fluid of my tears somehow had too much calcium, but eye drops didn't make a difference. They come with an acid, so it stings a bit, but if there was any undissolved calcium, the acid would help to break it up.

I'd like to keep drinking milk, but I like having sharp vision more.
I get blurry vision when I eat too much starches too often. Milk might be inflammatory for you, which is why it causes blurry vision in one eye.

tallglass13

Not a very Peaty answer, but you MAY want to look in to Vitamin A overdose or over build up in the liver. Fortified milk has synthetic vitamin A placed into it. I get the same reaction to Cottage cheese, even Whole fat Cottage cheese is Fortified with Vitamin A. Not my Raw Milk however. I can drink as much Whole Raw Milk and do not get negative symptoms. One of the most common symptoms of VA build up is blurry vision.

OP
nigma

nigma

Not a very Peaty answer, but you MAY want to look in to Vitamin A overdose or over build up in the liver. Fortified milk has synthetic vitamin A placed into it. I get the same reaction to Cottage cheese, even Whole fat Cottage cheese is Fortified with Vitamin A. Not my Raw Milk however. I can drink as much Whole Raw Milk and do not get negative symptoms. One of the most common symptoms of VA build up is blurry vision.
Interesting. I never had problems with the milk in Australia where they dont add vitamins. But have been in europe when this started... not sure if they add Vit A here.

Good to know raw milk might be fine.. need to find a source.

OP
nigma

nigma

I get blurry vision when I eat too much starches too often. Milk might be inflammatory for you, which is why it causes blurry vision in one eye.
Drank milk like water my whole life... why now?

TheCalciumCad

Astigmatism is related to neck / postural tension (and overcorrecting it with glasses makes it worse). Sudden increase in blur could be due to stress or bodily tension. I doubt drinking milk has anything to do with it.

OP
nigma

nigma

Astigmatism is related to neck / postural tension (and overcorrecting it with glasses makes it worse). Sudden increase in blur could be due to stress or bodily tension. I doubt drinking milk has anything to do with it.
Thanks. I can experiment and find out if youre right.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Drank milk like water my whole life... why now?
When I experienced a lot of stress, I started to get food sensitivities. Maybe that played a role?

Maybe the brand changed? Maybe they added something you might be sensitive to.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals