Blurred Vision And Light Sensitivity Taking Amoxicillin

Broco6679

I've been prescribed 500mg Amoxicillin 3x p/d for an infected tooth. After the second dose, I've noticed that my vision is slightly blurred and my eyes are extremely sensitive to bright light. There's also sometimes a 'halo' around lights especially at night.

Called my doctor and they said its nothing to worry about, but vision changes definitely don't feel like 'nothing'. Struggling to find anything about this online. Has anyone ever experienced this or know what it is?

Ben.

Im having this issue with a bunch of other stuff. Not taking any med's so can't tell you why or what it is. I'm also having troubles reading electric signs like bus stops or digital oven clocks and the likes. (vision at a further distance is compromized too. I can so relate to the bright light and "halo" around city lights at night.

When this started i had this wierd pain trough my eyebrows. Maybe it has something to do with the nerve there. Do you have headaches or migraines?
Massaging at the temple, backside of the head and between the eye near the eyebrow helps a little.

I don't realy have the issue everyday. Somedays i feel like its almost gone, on others its coming back at me realy bad wondering whats the problem now.

Maybe the Amoxicillin is causing some deficencies? Or it is just straigth up causing some issue on it's own. Sorry i can't help you thus far other than letting you know your not alone.

LeeLemonoil

Antibiotics destroy the microbiotio on the eye surface too, which are protective against inflammation (from light exposure too)

That Alters the transmitter and cytokines homeostasis on the eye surface. It’s possible that the cornea suffers and gets deformed slightly / transiently. But that’s my speculation. It should return to normal after stopping the antibiotics hopefully

Pablo Cruise

Side effects from medications can vary widely even though they might not be listed on the package insert or anywhere else.

OP
B

Broco6679

When this started i had this wierd pain trough my eyebrows. Maybe it has something to do with the nerve there. Do you have headaches or migraines?

The amoxicillin / penicillin in general always gives me a strong headache. Maybe we both have intracranial hypertension which is damaging the retina and/or optic nerve?

OP
B

Broco6679

Antibiotics destroy the microbiotio on the eye surface too, which are protective against inflammation (from light exposure too)

That Alters the transmitter and cytokines homeostasis on the eye surface. It’s possible that the cornea suffers and gets deformed slightly / transiently. But that’s my speculation. It should return to normal after stopping the antibiotics hopefully

I had this the last time I took penicillin vk, though to a much lesser degree. It did somewhat improve after cessation, but it took multiple months and the eye floaters never went away.

Pablo Cruise

I don't know about the floaters, they never go away.........but sounds like you have a form of allergy to Penicillins. Use Keflex instead.

OP
B

Broco6679

I don't know about the floaters, they never go away.........but sounds like you have a form of allergy to Penicillins. Use Keflex instead.

Agreed. I've been prescribed erythromycin, clarythromycin and metronidazole to try, so I'll likely try the former and hope it goes okay.

Ben.

The amoxicillin / penicillin in general always gives me a strong headache. Maybe we both have intracranial hypertension which is damaging the retina and/or optic nerve?

Could be. In the case of the eyes i personally "feel" like there is inflammation going on around it wether it is in the blood vessels or the nerve itself idk.

I'm having issues with my muscles tensing up in jaw/neck in a chronic matter. Stress relief methods got rid of them being a permanent issue but there a days its flaring up again so that could've something to do with it. How is your Jaw/Neck/Backside of your head(spots/muscles that hurt? try to massage your head front to back to find hurtfull spots)?

Damaging sounds so permanent. Idk if we have exactly the same issue (symptoms sound similar, but the cause... idk?) but the issues we both mentioned above are gone at times for me. Which leads me to assume there are times where recovery is happening and i can read the electrical signs again and city lights from cars etc. are "normal" again. Same goes for the issues i have with my hair. Like hair hair feeling strong with alot of regrowth happening ...sometimes.

I've tinnitus and a bunch of other issues aswell and i bet everything i have and own that these issues are somehow connected (something disrupting metabolism or causing malabsorption and/or deficiencys).

Currently im on a deworming protocoll with this health practioneer and boy oh boy wierd stuff is happening in my body. We've been at it for a couple of months and today i finally see it in the stool which could be proof (i was skeptical with the health practioneer at first) ... after alot of castor oil, deworming meds ...many enemas (which gives me immediate relief of alot of symptoms, boosts confidence/energy and libido) and alot of "natural" extract supplements like neem etc.

Last edited:

Recoen

According to cronometer I get 400% RDA and I also take thorne's stress b-complex once or twice per week, so I think I'm okay for B2.
Are you getting enough I, Se, and Mo? They’re needed for FAD and FMN.

some also need B1 and B6 for B2. Some need different absorption pathways too.

Regina

My eye floaters were the first thing to disappear from Peating.
I have no problem with penicillin or ampicillan. But I get violently ill from amoxicillan. (so does my dog).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals