Blunted Emotions from Vitamin K2?

Charger

Has anyone else experienced a blunted mood when dosing K2 (MK4) higher than 5mg? I pretty much become emotionless and careless, have less empathy.

It took me awhile to figure it out as I tend to take several supplements. I do notice a reduction in anxiety from K2, but too much throws me to the opposite extreme.

Is this estrogen related?

Last edited:

dukesbobby777

Which one are you using? I notice the same effect from kuinone. It’s almost like an anti-psychotic effect. Haidut mentioned in a thread that it has anti-serotonin and anti-glutamatergic effects.

OP
Charger

Charger

Which one are you using? I notice the same effect from kuinone. It’s almost like an anti-psychotic effect. Haidut mentioned in a thread that it has anti-serotonin and anti-glutamatergic effects.

Two different brands of K2 MK4 have done it for me, I have Kuinone on the way and expect the same.

In some ways, I like the state. But I think I come off as cold/abnormally careless to family and coworkers.

gaze

i feel the same when i took it. i hated the feeling. one could call it "calm" but i felt more like i'm on a painkiller or something rather than a good calm. and from what i remember it also ended up into a panic attack i think.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Exact same here.

Over the last 2 years of copious experimentation, I have finally realised that all the fat soluble vitamins just don't agree with me.

The moment I take Vitamin D or K, Or E or even A, I will notice worsened mood/anhedonic response.

The end result... I just don't supplement any Fat Soluble vitamins at all anymore.

OP
Charger

Charger

Exact same here.

Over the last 2 years of copious experimentation, I have finally realised that all the fat soluble vitamins just don't agree with me.

The moment I take Vitamin D or K, Or E or even A, I will notice worsened mood/anhedonic response.

The end result... I just don't supplement any Fat Soluble vitamins at all anymore.

I've supplemented D3 for years without any noticeable issue. But the other 3 seem to give adverse effects for sure.

I guess I might as well mention that I also noticed hair thinning when using K2, I think others have mentioned this is due to it's effects on PGE2.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I've supplemented D3 for years without any noticeable issue. But the other 3 seem to give adverse effects for sure.

I guess I might as well mention that I also noticed hair thinning when using K2, I think others have mentioned this is due to it's effects on PGE2.

Ah yes. What doses of D3 are you using?

Also, I have heard the same about K2 worsening hair thinning. Jaw line improvements offset it though ;)

OP
Charger

Charger

Ah yes. What doses of D3 are you using?

Also, I have heard the same about K2 worsening hair thinning. Jaw line improvements offset it though ;)

5,000IU of D3 for several years, bloodwork showed I was at 44.2ng/ml while the optimal minimum is atleast 50ng/ml, so I upped it to 10,000IU per day about a year ago. Need to get more bloodwork soon to see where it's at now.

I notice that I'm more careless and make more mistakes after using K2. I think it makes me too relaxed, even when the situation doesn't require me to be like that. I still use about 5 mg on my skin every 2 days, because I do notice good effects from it, but using it every day doesn't work for me right now. I use Thorne k2, btw. I do plan on buying haidut's Kuinone in the future. I'm just afraid of it getting stuck in the customs due to the whole planned- demic stuff.

equipoise

There's so many mixed opininions on K2 Mk4 supplementation. I'd like to try it out but.
Any good responders there?

Jam

I'm getting nothing short of extraordinary results from mk4. I guess I'm what you might call a quinone hyper-responder (or something). The lapachones (from Pau D'Arco) and emodin eliminated most of the arthritic symptoms I was struggling with since 2013, but mk-4 really pushed me that last remaining bit past the goal line to where my joints feel like they did in my twenties. I take 3x6mg of Kuinone daily.

No blunted emotions that I can tell.

Last edited:

rr1

I'm getting nothing short of extraordinary results from mk4. I guess I'm what you might call a quinone hyper-responder (or something). The lapachones (from Pau D'Arco) and emodin eliminated most of the arthritic symptoms I was struggling with since 2013, but mk-4 really pushed me that last remaining bit past the goal line to where my joints feel like they did in my twenties. I take 3x6mg of Kuinone daily.

No blunted emotions that I can tell.
Do you take it orally or topically?

sladerunner69

Has anyone else experienced a blunted mood when dosing K2 (MK4) higher than 5mg? I pretty much become emotionless and careless, have less empathy.

It took me awhile to figure it out as I tend to take several supplements. I do notice a reduction in anxiety from K2, but too much throws me to the opposite extreme.

Is this estrogen related?

Yes I think estrogen is necessary for emotions. For years I ahve noticed that too many anti-estrogen supps put me in a listless, tired, zoned-out state. Are you combining the k2 with aspirin, vitamin e, d, and so forth? Is your diet already very strong and metabolic? than you may not need the supplements.

equipoise

Maybe more energy, never had negative side effects from K2
The alleged bone building effects (such as widening of the jaw) are all snake's oil I presume? I'm talking past certain age obviously. Say >25 yrs old.
Still, there's some good unique traits to Vitamin K worth experimenting with I think

T

TheBeard

I notice that I'm more careless and make more mistakes after using K2. I think it makes me too relaxed, even when the situation doesn't require me to be like that. I still use about 5 mg on my skin every 2 days, because I do notice good effects from it, but using it every day doesn't work for me right now. I use Thorne k2, btw. I do plan on buying haidut's Kuinone in the future. I'm just afraid of it getting stuck in the customs due to the whole planned- demic stuff.

I feel the same way on testosterone.
It opposes cortisol so much that my stress levels are rock bottom.

Unfortunately some stress in life is required to remember things, be proactive, and for other tasks.

ReSTART

The alleged bone building effects (such as widening of the jaw) are all snake's oil I presume? I'm talking past certain age obviously. Say >25 yrs old.
Still, there's some good unique traits to Vitamin K worth experimenting with I think
Probably good for bone health but... bone building no I don’t think so

OP
Charger

Charger

I feel the same way on testosterone.
It opposes cortisol so much that my stress levels are rock bottom.

Unfortunately some stress in life is required to remember things, be proactive, and for other tasks.
I've noticed this too since T3 elevated my test. Supplements like phosphatidylserine lower my cortisol to the point where I just come off as cold and unbothered by almost anything. Cortisol and estrogen both seem to be equally important to increasing empathy and emotional 'range' so to speak.

The benefit of low cortisol in my experience is that it lowers anxiety and makes to easier to accomplish work-related tasks and solve problems. Less anxiety = less unnecessary overthinking or overanalyzing.

It's interesting because I used to think of testosterone and DHT as being the main contributers to the high adrenaline go-getter, type A personality, I've realized other factors play into this beyond boosting androgens and dopamine alone.

Jam

Do you take it orally or topically?
Well, probably a mix of those. I take the 3-drop dose in a bit of water, swish it around my mouth for a minute or so, then swallow.

E

eat my peat

Super interesting to come across this thread.

Was going to share that I have been feeling emotionless recently.

Can't pinpoint if its mk4 (5mg 2x daily) or prog/dhea or just all this crap that's been going on and being stuck with family when ready to move on with life

Maybe its a huge mixture of all of the above