Blunted Emotions from Vitamin K2?

Charger

Has anyone else experienced a blunted mood when dosing K2 (MK4) higher than 5mg? I pretty much become emotionless and careless, have less empathy.

It took me awhile to figure it out as I tend to take several supplements. I do notice a reduction in anxiety from K2, but too much throws me to the opposite extreme.

Is this estrogen related?

Last edited:

dukesbobby777

Which one are you using? I notice the same effect from kuinone. It’s almost like an anti-psychotic effect. Haidut mentioned in a thread that it has anti-serotonin and anti-glutamatergic effects.

Charger

Which one are you using? I notice the same effect from kuinone. It’s almost like an anti-psychotic effect. Haidut mentioned in a thread that it has anti-serotonin and anti-glutamatergic effects.

Two different brands of K2 MK4 have done it for me, I have Kuinone on the way and expect the same.

In some ways, I like the state. But I think I come off as cold/abnormally careless to family and coworkers.

gaze

i feel the same when i took it. i hated the feeling. one could call it "calm" but i felt more like i'm on a painkiller or something rather than a good calm. and from what i remember it also ended up into a panic attack i think.

Lokzo

Exact same here.

Over the last 2 years of copious experimentation, I have finally realised that all the fat soluble vitamins just don't agree with me.

The moment I take Vitamin D or K, Or E or even A, I will notice worsened mood/anhedonic response.

The end result... I just don't supplement any Fat Soluble vitamins at all anymore.

Charger

Exact same here.

Over the last 2 years of copious experimentation, I have finally realised that all the fat soluble vitamins just don't agree with me.

The moment I take Vitamin D or K, Or E or even A, I will notice worsened mood/anhedonic response.

The end result... I just don't supplement any Fat Soluble vitamins at all anymore.

I've supplemented D3 for years without any noticeable issue. But the other 3 seem to give adverse effects for sure.

I guess I might as well mention that I also noticed hair thinning when using K2, I think others have mentioned this is due to it's effects on PGE2.

Lokzo

I've supplemented D3 for years without any noticeable issue. But the other 3 seem to give adverse effects for sure.

I guess I might as well mention that I also noticed hair thinning when using K2, I think others have mentioned this is due to it's effects on PGE2.

Ah yes. What doses of D3 are you using?

Also, I have heard the same about K2 worsening hair thinning. Jaw line improvements offset it though ;)

Charger

Ah yes. What doses of D3 are you using?

Also, I have heard the same about K2 worsening hair thinning. Jaw line improvements offset it though ;)

5,000IU of D3 for several years, bloodwork showed I was at 44.2ng/ml while the optimal minimum is atleast 50ng/ml, so I upped it to 10,000IU per day about a year ago. Need to get more bloodwork soon to see where it's at now.

I notice that I'm more careless and make more mistakes after using K2. I think it makes me too relaxed, even when the situation doesn't require me to be like that. I still use about 5 mg on my skin every 2 days, because I do notice good effects from it, but using it every day doesn't work for me right now. I use Thorne k2, btw. I do plan on buying haidut's Kuinone in the future. I'm just afraid of it getting stuck in the customs due to the whole planned- demic stuff.