Blue Sky Peptide: A Question For Anyone Who's Purchased From Them

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

I didn't realize Blue Sky took Amex. But don't they typically have big limits, too?

Well, they certainly took ma Amex back in April....I don't know what's considered a big limit. But if your card carries some sort of fraud protection/monitoring I would think it wouldn't matter, don't they include that automatically? It is a pain in the **** each time there's a fraud attempt, ya have to get a new card, but I've never been stuck with paying for it.

It's been years since I applied for credit, so I'm not really familiar. I actually hate credit card companies, but it seems they're a necessary evil though if you conduct business online.

I have a friend who used his DEBIT CARD to buy something online several years ago and someone stole his info taking over $4k out of his checking account, ouch. It took months of haggling with his bank to get stuff ironed out, meanwhile he had NO money for daily living expenses.

Last edited:
Wait THAT'S why people get credit cards?

Wait THAT'S why people get credit cards?

Manny, yer askin fer it!:lol:

But seriously, too many peeps get into credit card trouble because they buy sh*t they cannot actually afford.

Debt is SLAVERY. I'm opposed to slavery.

Besides it's funner (I know, not a word.....so what.) to find more creative ways to make ends meet.

*steps down off her soap box*

achillea

Has anyone bothered to contact Blue Sky? They may be as innocent as the Blue Sky.

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

Has anyone bothered to contact Blue Sky? They may be as innocent as the Blue Sky.
I suspect they are complicit if not simply inert about changing tx processing companies. If you research a little bit on Google you'll find this has been going on WRT to Blue Sky and other peptide companies for several years, at least. There is no reasonable scenario where it can be argued they haven't been contacted by consumers more than once about something like this.

@bluewren: thanks for contacting them. Please let us know if what, if anything, they have to say.

FWIW, I plan to purchase from Blue Sky again. I like the T3 I got. I think it works. I don't want to see them get into any regulatory trouble over their products and be put out of business. But I'm going to be much smarter about using them going forward.

One primary purpose of this thread was to try to try to "put 2 + 2 together", so to speak, as to the source of fraud that many of us have experienced. I think we did that.

Honestly, I don't think it's reasonable that us alternative types expect that we will be completely safe using channels outside the mainstream to get the alternative products we need that we can get any other way. *Should* we be completely safe? Yes. *Are* we completely safe? No. And it's not realistic to expect it. Forewarned is forearmed. Forewarning for the whole forum was the other primary purpose. Personally, I'll be much smarter with all "alternative" online vendors, going forward. I used to be hypervigilant about online tx but since nothing like this has ever happened before I got lazier and lazier, especially when it comes to things I really want to try that can't be gotten with PayPal or MC. Hypervigilance is back. :twisted:

Last edited:

bluewren

"All credit card info goes though encrypted, secure SSL HTTPS, Authorize.net. Also as indicated in the footer of our website we are PCI compliant and MacAfee Secure. We do not store customer credit card information on our servers, nor do we have access to your credit card information that you submitted when you placed your order."

From BSP

OP
whodathunkit

whodathunkit

All credit card info goes though encrypted, secure SSL HTTPS, Authorize.net. Also as indicated in the footer of our website we are PCI compliant and MacAfee Secure. We do not store customer credit card information on our servers, nor do we have access to your credit card information that you submitted when you placed your order
Boilerplate. Thanks, @bluewren.

belcanto

I bought some T3 from Blue Sky on May 18th and on June 24th there was a $1,324.35 charge to Muji.com (???) on my Discover card! (How Discover caught the $100 to Dunkin' Donuts but didn't bother with this big charge is a mystery. Discover also missed the two $1 trial charges to Dunkin Donuts and then $1 to Verizon.) Soon after someone bought a Verizon tablet in my name, followed by an iPhone from Sprint (billed directly to me, not my credit card). What a pain. Thanks for bringing up this thread, and thanks to Charlie for the banner to make me read it!

David PS

I purchased from Blue Sky on Feb 18th. Coincidently (?), my card was compromised on April 21, 22 and 23. My credit card company is Discover and Discover automatically sent me a new card & account number on May 2nd. I never understood why until this morning when I uncovered the small (?) online charges ( $197.40, $79.81 and $14.43) and then spoke with someone at Discover. I may get my $ back.

I just unsubscribed from Blue Sky's newsletter and I have added them to my junk email list. I may be a bit harsh, but I do not want to take any chances. No more BS for me.

Thank you (all).

So how do we get them to do something without getting the government involved?

David PS

Yeah I bet... better not to give them too many pointers to this site. I was thinking along the lines of gently advancing the possibility that they might get flagged to the FTC if they don't stop this s***...

David PS

Another thought, would be to encourage others who think that they may have been burnt by BS to send them an email from BS's contact page (with bogus return contact information, of course) stating their experience. Such an email would need to include things like:
1. They heard rumors that others had credit card problems about 2 months after purchasing from BS.
2. They took it upon themselves to check their recent credit card statements.
3. They discovered credit card fraud that fit the 2 month pattern.
4. Specific information about the fraudulent charges they incurred (a few months later). Such as for example, a trip to Las Vegas or the Caribbean.

My charge included a $200 pair of shoes. With enough emails they can put together that the clerk who has gone to Vegas and now wears expensive shoes might have been involved. This might cut back on future fraudulent charges being posted. The downside with this approach, is that there is no feedback. But the act of venting (both the story and perhaps feelings - of disappointment ?) might be sufficient satisfaction.

If this approach were to work, it is important that others tell their story in their own voice. Otherwise it might create the appearance that it is just one person seeking to take down a BS employee who they knew went to Vegas and needed new shoes.

I think that could just make them pay more attention or lay low for a while. If they see the chance for an FTC complaint they will know that it could get very big, very quickly.

Donmar

Oh my goodness, I just saw this thread...I too had this exact problem...I ordered from Blue Sky and appx 6 weeks later, my Visa credit card was hacked...the fraudulent charge was also related to travel. Oh man!!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals