Blue Light/Ultraviolet Blocking Sunglasses, Orange Lens

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ready to invest in some orange lens sunglasses to block out the ultraviolet light coming from my computer and other indoor lights. I found these below, people give them good reviews and at a really good price.

SCT-Orange UV Extreme Anti-Fog Lens

Anyone else use orange lens glasses? I know Peatarian does.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I see in the reviews that some people use them only at night, trying to help regulate the sleep cycle. Wondering if they should be used all the time, or only at night like those people do??

Rachel

Charlie said:
Ready to invest in some orange lens sunglasses to block out the ultraviolet light coming from my computer and other indoor lights. I found these below, people give them good reviews and at a really good price.

SCT-Orange UV Extreme Anti-Fog Lens

Anyone else use orange lens glasses? I know Peatarian does.

Those look like a great find, Charlie. I think I shall get a pair!
Wearing them all the time would be just fine, except when you're driving.

And most of those reviewers on Amazon are babbling on about how they help release melatonin, and how awesome melatonin is...

Errrrr... NOT. :roll:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Rachel, I should be ordering a pair this weekend and will update on how they work out for me. :)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Got my sunglasses in today! :woo

I really like them. They are pretty darn cool. They have a great coverage area so not much light leakage from the sides. Also, when I look at the blue LED lights on my laptop and also on my router, you cannot see them! So they really work.

I would definitely suggest these and plan on buying another pair for backup. :thumbup: :thumbup:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
After wearing these and staring at the computer yesterday for a few hours I did notice a bit of eyestrain. Maybe I just need to get use to the glasses, I dunno. Maybe its the eyes trying to over compensate and trying to look for the blue?

Anways, I will keep at it and report back.

Ray-Z

Enjoying my pair of UV-blocking sunglasses. They make the computer marginally more bearable, and they look kind of bad-a** -- especially if you wear them while drinking Mexi-coke or eating watermelon. :cool:

Thanks for the recommendation, Charlie.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I also think they look pretty cool!

Glad they are working out for you!

Ray-Z

Ray-Z said:
Enjoying my pair of UV-blocking sunglasses. They make the computer marginally more bearable, and they look kind of bad-a** -- especially if you wear them while drinking Mexi-coke or eating watermelon. :cool:

Thanks for the recommendation, Charlie.

I'll elaborate a little...

The UV-blocking sunglasses have been helpful in preventing UV sources (flourescent lights, computer monitors, etc.) from unduly stimulating my brain at night and thus inhibiting sleep. This effect is nice if you're a night owl trying to fix your messed up circadian rhythms. :cool:

Birdie

I ordered the same ones after a long search. Should have checked here first!
I sure could use them where I am now. All lights are fluorescents and energy saving mercury wonders.

So, mine should arrive soon. Not sure when I'll use them. I mean in the evening or more than that. My old laptop is okay with that light everybody got to take away the blue from the screen. My iPad though is not so fortunate.

Rachel

Ray-Z said:
The UV-blocking sunglasses have been helpful in preventing UV sources (flourescent lights, computer monitors, etc.) from unduly stimulating my brain at night and thus inhibiting sleep. This effect is nice if you're a night owl trying to fix your messed up circadian rhythms. :cool:
Whooo whoo?

Ray-Z

Rachel said:
Ray-Z said:
Whooo whoo?

:rollingred

In view of the time stamp on your post, I'm going to say "Vous, vous!" :mrgreen:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I dunno, I have been religously using the glasses the last few nights thanks to Ray-Z's reminder of what they are for, making sure that as soon as the sun goes down I put them on. And it does seem like I am having a little bit of an easier time going to sleep. About 1.5 hours after I put the glasses on I get really tired.

Rachel

Ray-Z said:
:rollingred

In view of the time stamp on your post, I'm going to say "Vous, vous!" :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:
Charlie said:
I dunno, I have been religously using the glasses the last few nights thanks to Ray-Z's reminder of what they are for, making sure that as soon as the sun goes down I put them on. And it does seem like I am having a little bit of an easier time going to sleep. About 1.5 hours after I put the glasses on I get really tired.
:clap

jyb

Charlie said:

If you use F.Lux on your computer, would you be getting much blue light anyway? What about a software that reduced blue light even more than F.Lux (I think you can go further)?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
Considering buying these at the moment.

Worth it, I use them every night.

jyb said:
Charlie said:

If you use F.Lux on your computer, would you be getting much blue light anyway? What about a software that reduced blue light even more than F.Lux (I think you can go further)?

There is still some blue in the incandescent light I use. And yes, you can take the blue from the computer down further.

J

j.

Charlie said:
There is still some blue in the incandescent light I use. And yes, you can take the blue from the computer down further.

Anyone knows of a software that does that?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think you would have to do it manually.