Blue Light Protection From Computers

DMF

Could somebody recommend a good reliable not terribly expensive screen for my desktop.

boris

You can get the f.lux app for free. Works great for me.
f.lux

2-2.jpg

Maljam

I agree with flux, or similar apps. Also blue blocker glasses from Amazon were fairly cheap and make a noticeable difference to my sleep.

LeeLemonoil

Can also clip a Red-light LED reading lamp onto your pc or notebook for additional Ted light exposure

TheSir

You can get the f.lux app for free. Works great for me.
f.lux

2-2.jpg
I'm not sure changing the color of the screen is the same thing as using a physical filter to block a specific light frequencies. Even if you digitally change the tint to orange, the screen still emits light in the blue spectrum right?

tankasnowgod

I'm not sure changing the color of the screen is the same thing as using a physical filter to block a specific light frequencies. Even if you digitally change the tint to orange, the screen still emits light in the blue spectrum right?

As long as you are seeing blue or white light, you are getting some blue light emitted. But it's reduced a lot.

Darkroom mode will get you no blue, but your screen will look like this-
darkroom.jpg

boris

Every pixel on the screen is made up of 3 lights, a red, green, and blue one. F.lux changes the colour temperature by reducing the output of the blue part of the pixel. It doesn't block it completely [apparently it does in certain modes as @tankasnowgod pointed out], but turning the app off, you immediately notice your eyes straining from the blue light, so it definitely works.

Last edited:

Orome

Forum Supporter
windows 10 has night mode. you can enable it for 24 hours.

Yes, I have enabled Windows 10 night light permantely on all my computers (even at work). You can also adjust the intensity from 0% blue filter to 100% filter (tankasnowgod's picture):

nightlight-jpg.19466

Attachments

• nightlight.jpg
    nightlight.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 152

laleto12

From my personal experience, among all of them, Iris App is the best by far. Though its not free like the others, I bought it and it is 100% worth imo.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals