Blue Light in Digital Devices

J

j.

Why do computers, etc., emit so much blue light? Is it to keep people alert (by stressing them)?

jyb

Well, you know there are blue light devices sold for you to get more exposure to blue light? For example, they sell one to shine on your face to help out with acne as the light blue light would kill bacteria.

4peatssake

Neighbors next door and across the street renovated their homes and "updated" to "energy saving" blue lighting. A sickening blue pall of light is now emitted from their homes. It has a rather eerie glow.

I'm guessing they were probably told how they would save money *and* the planet. :roll:

I think you may be on to something about keeping people alert by stressing them with blue light.

kiran

I knew a guy in back in university who swore that he could only study under fluorescent lighting, and that incandescents made him go to sleep. Funny how perceptions differ. :-P

OP
J

j.

kiran said:
I knew a guy in back in university who swore that he could only study under fluorescent lighting, and that incandescents made him go to sleep. Funny how perceptions differ. :-P

I think it makes sense. Incandescents relax you more than blues.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
kiran said:

I think it makes sense. Incandescents relax you more than blues.

Yup, and blues stress you out keeping you awake.

4peatssake

kiran said:
Yup, just add red bull, wake ups (I think they were called) or other forms of speed to also keep cortisol production high and yer ready for an all nighter. That was basic exam protocol when I was going to university. :(