Blue Blocker Glasses

Beastmode

Whenever I use them before bed, I notice I can fall asleep faster than usual. This was when I was going to bed at 11-midnight range.

I haven't tried them since going to sleep at 9 the past few months.

@Judd Crane The Iris software definitely seems to make computer sessions less stressful in my experience.

rayban

Someone recommends a specific model that isn't some chinese plastic scam? something with some studies or approved by tests and has good quality?

Whenever I wake up and have to go to the bathroom I get hit by this massive blue light that wakes me up so I would use them at night to avoid these lights.

Im already using flux for the PC so I just need some glasses.

Judd Crane

Someone recommends a specific model that isn't some chinese plastic scam? something with some studies or approved by tests and has good quality?

Whenever I wake up and have to go to the bathroom I get hit by this massive blue light that wakes me up so I would use them at night to avoid these lights.

Im already using flux for the PC so I just need some glasses.
Ra Optics is an option.

Here's a DIY guide for blue blockers including a comparison of different models.

I ordered the Diamond Dye 550 from Home and had my optician tint my glasses for me.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have been wearing blue blockers for years and find them helpful. I have the True Dark Daylights for day time (screen time or going into stores) and at sunset I switch to orange lenses. I have heard good things about RaOptics but I have not needed any new blue blockers recently so I haven't tried them out yet.

Birdie

I use orange lenses in the morning if I take a walk around the block. Some people have blue lights and this cancels them for me!

rayban

Ra Optics is an option.

Here's a DIY guide for blue blockers including a comparison of different models.

I ordered the Diamond Dye 550 from Home and had my optician tint my glasses for me.
These are normal looking glasses, will leak a lot of light on the sides. What about this?

Im just wondering, why are they so expensive? it feels a bit like a scam tbh. They may be getting big margins unless someone can justify the prices.

Judd Crane

I use orange lenses in the morning if I take a walk around the block. Some people have blue lights and this cancels them for me!
Yeah I think partial blue blockers are very useful in the morning. The combination of high color temperatures from artificial light sources and the morning cortisol peak is definitely stressful/overstimulating.
These are normal looking glasses, will leak a lot of light on the sides. What about this?

Im just wondering, why are they so expensive? it feels a bit like a scam tbh. They may be getting big margins unless someone can justify the prices.
I don't think peripheral light will have a negative effect. But if that's a concern you could look into UVEX Skypers or maybe TrueDarks Twilights Classic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals