Blood work results

Frecs

I got my (fasting) blood work results back. This bloodwork was done roughly 2 weeks into a "Peat style" diet. My thyroid and hormone functions are what I'm mostly focusing....

Neutrophils = 79
Glucose, serum = 82
BUN/Creatinine Ratio = 24
Calcium, serum = 8.5
Cholesterol, total = 233
HDL = 45
LDL = 158
Trig = 98
Iron, Bind. Cap = 261
Iron, serum = 54
Iron satur. = 21
T4, Free = 1.15
TSH= 2.860
Reverse T3, Serum = 56.3 *****
Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) AB = 9
Triiodothyronine, Free, Serum = 2.2
Vitamin D, 25-HYDROXY = 23****
Magnesium = 2.2
(I don't tract my cycles, especially now that I'm entering menopause, so I don't know if the following numbers tell us much:)
Testosterone, Free = .3
Progesterone = .2
Estrogens = 196

Doc is now testing my cortisol and B12, prescribed Rx strength Vit D, and she said she will refer me to an endocrinologist once we have the cortisol and B12 numbers back. She tried the "statin talk" but stopped once she realized I knew that there isn't really a link between cholesterol and heart disease.

So, I'd be interested in your thoughts on the numbers listed above.

Asimov

Is that RT3 a typo? It's quite high. Of course if it's not, I'd suspect that your cortisol levels are going to be high.

Are you on birth control? Any new things in your life driving you crazy? If so, maybe think about getting rid of them. Low B12 could be a causitive factor in high RT3, but you'll know whether that's out of range pretty soon.

Mittir

Iron saturation of 21% is quite good. RP mentioned that transferrin saturation below 25 is protective against cancer.
But in some cases you can have low iron saturation but very high ferritin, it happens in diabetic patients too.
Your ferritin level would be useful to see the whole thing. RP suggests TSH below 2. He said he never seen a person with TSH above 2 being healthy. Your need a healthy liver , steady blood sugar and selenium to convert T4 to T3. RP suggests weekly consumption of seafood for selenium. I have noticed my T3 go up when i started supplementing with selenium yeast 100 mcg daily. Low carb diet also increases reverse T3.

Attachments

• 2015 Indigenous Bacteria from the Gut Microbiota Regulate Host Serotonin Biosynthesis.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 38

Beebop

Mittir said:
I have noticed my T3 go up when i started supplementing with selenium yeast 100 mcg daily.

Could you post a link to the kind of Selenium you use Mittir?

Mittir

Beebop said:
Mittir said:
I have noticed my T3 go up when i started supplementing with selenium yeast 100 mcg daily.

Could you post a link to the kind of Selenium you use Mittir?

I am allergic to seafood and eggs, that is why i use supplement.

I used GNC selenium Yeast 200 mcg for few months then switched to
GNC vitamin E 400 with 100 mcg selenium yeast . There is a study showed people who
took 200 mcg of supplement for long time had higher diabetes risk. 100 mcg seems safer.
If you have TPO-AB anti-body you will need 200 mcg to lower that.
But eating 2 brazil nuts have same affect on blood selenium level as taking 100 mcg supplement.
It would be a better idea if you know your blood selenium level before you start supplementation.
It takes 200 mcg daily for severeal month to replete that level.
I do not use GNC vitamin E with 100 mcg, because this has " Titanium Dioxide"
Ray Peat warns against using supplement with silica and titanium.
I am currently using gnc seleium 100 which does not have silica or titanium.
Best form of selenium is selenomethionine or selenosystene.
I think someone need to ask RP if the amount of Yeast in supplement are risky or not.
There is a kind of Yeast Free selenium in amazon. Next time i will try one of those.

OP
F

Frecs

Asimov said:
Is that RT3 a typo? It's quite high. Of course if it's not, I'd suspect that your cortisol levels are going to be high.

Are you on birth control? Any new things in your life driving you crazy? If so, maybe think about getting rid of them. Low B12 could be a causitive factor in high RT3, but you'll know whether that's out of range pretty soon.

Nope that is not a typo. It is very high. I have not yet heard back on the cortisol and B12 results (just left a message with the doctor's office in fact to see if they have them and forgot to call me...).

No, not on birth control. Perimenopausal.

As for stress--when isn't there? But, yes, I've gone through a very stressful year and the past month--including when this blood work was done--has been very tense. But, the problem that was causing the stress has been dealt with and for the most part is out of the way. I can only reduce my environmental stress factors just so much as I am caring for my elderly mother who has a number of health and mental issues. I am working on ways to reduce my reaction to said stress factors -- incorporating activities that help me de-stress into my schedule.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals