Blood Work Came Back

refining

I'm really new to ray peat, and all his work. I find a lot of things interesting and i've already switched my diet after i got my blood work back to be more ray peat-ish. This forum seems to be highly educated and i'd like to share my results and my problems, Maybe someone here can help me, or give me advise. I have no idea what any of these hormones do. I'm very ignorant and I've tried to google things and i cannot figure out how to solve my problems.

INFORMATION :
6'3, Male, 195 lbs, 23, really light skinned

SLEEP PATTERN : I'll go to sleep 1 hour later every day. (still getting 8 hours of sleep) To where a week later i'll be sleeping during the day time, and awake during the night. This cycle has been happening ever since i've graduated HS.

PROBLEMS :
I randomly got purpleish circles under my eyes about 3 months ago, and i'm convinced it's diet based or sleep based. I've ate poorly and what ever i wanted. (fast foods, cereals, candy, ramen)
am really wanting to fix this asap.

I've also found a random topic about DHEA and gyno being linked on this forum. So i thought id also mention i've had a lump on my right nipple ever since i was 15. (23 now) Being how my DHEA-S level is extremely high, maybe someone has idea for this.

Also i did notice my hands and feet get cold and i often have to wear socks, and heat my hands.
(apparently this is a problem on this forum?)

As for my blood test, I have 2 low 'normal' levels, and 1 extremely abnormally high. I have no idea why DHEA-S is so high. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing.

DHEA-S (dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate)
Units : ng/ml
Normal Range : 1.7 - 4.2
Result : 373.9

GONADOTROPIN-LH
result : 2.48 IU/L
normal range : 6.0 - 30.0 IU/L

TESTOSTERONE FREE
result : 7.80 ng/dl
normal range : 9.0 - 30.0 ng/dl

TESTOSTERONE TOTAL
result : 351.1 ng/dl
normal range : 300 - 1200

------------------------------------------------------------

The results for the rest of the hormones tested were within 'normal ranges' :
If anyone would like to see the results of any specific hormone i will reply with it.

I plan on changing my diet and trying to force myself to sleep at the exact same time every night, hopefully within a couple weeks things start to get better. I guess i want opinions from the people here on what else i should do.

DIET :
I plan on changing my diet to a simple one. (much much better than it was before)

2 bananas
hand full of spinach
some coco powder
6 cups of milk
1 cup of rice
1 pound of beef (cooked in coco oil)

I like to keep things simple and follow them long time. If anyone has suggestions to add into my diet i'd appreciate it.

image0.jpg

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey man.

Normal levels for DHEA-S is 145 to 395 micrograms per deciliter (µg/dL). Are you sure yours are with the correct measure?

Estrogen and prolactin are involved with gyno no DHEA, unless DHEA is convert to estrogen ofc.

Your GnRH are very low and estrogen is one of the most powerful suppressors of the HPG axis. DHT can also suppress but not as potently as estrogen.

Estrogen also potently increases SHBG which will reduce free T.

Have you had your estrogen tested?

I'd like to see the results of your iron panel, progesterone, PTH, SHBG and thyroid panel if you don't mind sharing it.

To increase T and improve your health start with a proper diet is key. Then comes the proper macros. This varies from person to person, but generally, 20-30% protein, 30-50% carbs and 20-40% fats works best for most.
Also, you'll have to eat lots of calories. The foods you listed surely can't be all you plan to eat for one day right?

OP
R

refining

Hey man.

Normal levels for DHEA-S is 145 to 395 micrograms per deciliter (µg/dL). Are you sure yours are with the correct measure?

Estrogen and prolactin are involved with gyno no DHEA, unless DHEA is convert to estrogen ofc.

Your GnRH are very low and estrogen is one of the most powerful suppressors of the HPG axis. DHT can also suppress but not as potently as estrogen.

Estrogen also potently increases SHBG which will reduce free T.

Have you had your estrogen tested?

I'd like to see the results of your iron panel, progesterone, PTH, SHBG and thyroid panel if you don't mind sharing it.

To increase T and improve your health start with a proper diet is key. Then comes the proper macros. This varies from person to person, but generally, 20-30% protein, 30-50% carbs and 20-40% fats works best for most.
Also, you'll have to eat lots of calories. The foods you listed surely can't be all you plan to eat for one day right?

Hey, The measurements they gave back for DHEA-S was in ng/ml, and not µg/dL. I'm sure u can convert it somehow.. after a quick google search if i were to convert my results to µg/dL i would have 3730 µg/dL.

As for estrogen no,

Iron : 153 ug/dl
Progesterone : 1.08 (They didn't specify units..?)
Thyroid Stimulating hormone : 4.12 mU/ml
SHBG : 27.40 (They didn't specify units..?)
PTH : 15.7 ng/ml

As for my diet, yes that is all i plan on eating, it's around 2k calories, it's maintenance for me. Are you concerned with it?

Appreciate your replies

baccheion

Gaining energy as the the day progresses, dark circles under eyes, and higher DHEA-S line up with adrenal/HPTA issues. TSH should be under 2. Is there also an iodine deficiency?

brix

Gaining energy as the the day progresses, dark circles under eyes, and higher DHEA-S line up with adrenal/HPTA issues. TSH should be under 2. Is there also an iodine deficiency?

This applies to me as well. Is correcting an iodine deficiency really enough to fix hypothyroid?

baccheion

This applies to me as well. Is correcting an iodine deficiency really enough to fix hypothyroid?
Not always. It's one of the possible reasons. The iodine comment was due to TSH. Adrenal issues (dark circles, more energy later, etc) require B vitamins, minerals, pregnenolone, vitamin C, etc. Look up adrenal formulas.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey, The measurements they gave back for DHEA-S was in ng/ml, and not µg/dL. I'm sure u can convert it somehow.. after a quick google search if i were to convert my results to µg/dL i would have 3730 µg/dL.

As for estrogen no,

Iron : 153 ug/dl
Progesterone : 1.08 (They didn't specify units..?)
Thyroid Stimulating hormone : 4.12 mU/ml
SHBG : 27.40 (They didn't specify units..?)
PTH : 15.7 ng/ml

As for my diet, yes that is all i plan on eating, it's around 2k calories, it's maintenance for me. Are you concerned with it?

Appreciate your replies
Were you taking any medication or maybe supplementing with something or anything?
Such high DHEA-S could be explained by adrenal overactivity. It would have been nice if you tested for cortisol as well.

TSH is too high, but without T4, T3 and rT3 it doesn't mean all that much.

2k calories is too low yes. Caloric deficits don't increase testosterone and will just keep the adrenal working hard, keeping the cortisol:testosterone ratio high.

baccheion

Were you taking any medication or maybe supplementing with something or anything?
Such high DHEA-S could be explained by adrenal overactivity. It would have been nice if you tested for cortisol as well.

2k calories is too low yes. Caloric deficits don't increase testosterone and will just keep the adrenal working hard, keeping the cortisol:testosterone ratio high.
How many calories for someone weighing 165 lbs with probably 15% body fat? 6'1".

Hans

Forum Supporter
How many calories for someone weighing 165 lbs with probably 15% body fat? 6'1".
It depends on your metabolism, but at least 2500 calories and preferably more. Around 3000 if you lift weights.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Odds of getting fat? Is there anything else that needs to be added?
Eat the ratio of macros that suits you best and stay away from food that negatively affect you. Then you should be able to stay lean and improve metabolism.

OP
R

refining

I was taking biotin and b2 occasionally. I did test for cortisol, but they didnt give back units used to measure.. all they have written down is 11.6 ?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I was taking biotin and b2 occasionally. I did test for cortisol, but they didnt give back units used to measure.. all they have written down is 11.6 ?
11.6 is a little over the upper limit. Were you stressed when you took the test?

Hans

Forum Supporter
somewhat fatigued, but that's how i normally am, slight tiredness throughout the day
Cortisol helps get you up in the morning as it produces glucose. Since you're tired with high cortisol, you're either cortisol resistant or it's just the elevated cortisol to androgen ratio that's negatively affecting you.
Could you share your T3 and T4 results as well as GH results please.

brix

11.6 is a little over the upper limit. Were you stressed when you took the test?

Where you do see that? My cortisol test came back at 12 and I remember the range being like 10-20 for AM serum.

lampofred

Very high DHEA, late-shifting circadian rhythm, and dark circles all point to excess serotonin, probably due to mild food allergies or poor digestion, things getting stuck in your gut and causing inflammation/endotoxin. How are your bowel movements?

Not sure what exactly you were eating, but you said you ate a lot of processed food, and several gums and additives (such as guar gum, carragenaan -- not sure if I spelled that correctly) can cause intestinal inflammation. Starch can also be irritating for those with sensitive systems.

FYI with regard to the diet you are planning on starting, muscle meat by itself without gelatin can raise serotonin, and bananas are a fruit high in serotonin and can be irritating. Spinach that is not well-cooked, and processed powders that have strange additives and weird gums as ingredients might make intestinal inflammation worse as well.

I would focus on limiting your diet to very specific safe foods so that you can figure out which foods are agreeable to your gut and which ones are not and then go from there. A raw carrot with salt, vinegar, coconut oil/olive oil every day is also good for improving digestion.

The main thing is to lower intestinal inflammation/improve digestion so that serotonin goes down. I think that should help all of your symptoms.

Runenight201

Make some soups. Soups are good, soups are great, soups will help bring you back to a healthy state :)

OP
R

refining

Very high DHEA, late-shifting circadian rhythm, and dark circles all point to excess serotonin, probably due to mild food allergies or poor digestion, things getting stuck in your gut and causing inflammation/endotoxin. How are your bowel movements?

Not sure what exactly you were eating, but you said you ate a lot of processed food, and several gums and additives (such as guar gum, carragenaan -- not sure if I spelled that correctly) can cause intestinal inflammation. Starch can also be irritating for those with sensitive systems.

FYI with regard to the diet you are planning on starting, muscle meat by itself without gelatin can raise serotonin, and bananas are a fruit high in serotonin and can be irritating. Spinach that is not well-cooked, and processed powders that have strange additives and weird gums as ingredients might make intestinal inflammation worse as well.

I would focus on limiting your diet to very specific safe foods so that you can figure out which foods are agreeable to your gut and which ones are not and then go from there. A raw carrot with salt, vinegar, coconut oil/olive oil every day is also good for improving digestion.

The main thing is to lower intestinal inflammation/improve digestion so that serotonin goes down. I think that should help all of your symptoms.

How do i know if i have food allergies or poor digestion? all i know is what's normal for me. I'm not sure how my bowel movements are? What are you asking exactly? I poop like every 3 days lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals