Blood work after settling into TRT regimen

prince baka

Hi all, I have had bilateral testicular cancer and so needed to be on trt since sept. after having tried the oral testosterone, nasal, and cream on the shoulders/legs. have now settled into scrotal application of cream at a concentration of 200mg per gram, 50mg clicks, one in the morning and one in the evening. so 100 mg total.

feeling good, libido good, noticing improved physique a bit, hair might be thinning but its hard to tell for sure, main noticable negative effect is acne on the body. the blood work seems ok, if kinda high (the dht is off the charts it seems??).

wondering if i should work to lower test dose based on these results/symptoms. maybe supplements to clear acne, or if there is anything else i should be checking. thank you!

DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE>1250 H112-955 (pg/mL)
FESTRADIOL22.710.0-42.0 (pg/mL)
FESTRONE17.29.0-36.0 (pg/mL)
FESTROGENS, TOTAL39.919.0-69.0 (pg/mL)
FTESTOSTERONE1237 H300-1080 (NG/DL)
FSEX HORM BIND GLOBULIN34.016.5-55.9 (NMOL/L)
FCALC FREE TESTOSTERONE310.9 H47.0-244.0 (PG/ML)
FPSA, TOTAL0.27<=4.00 (NG/ML)

SonOfEurope

Welcome Prince Baka!

Inspirational to hear you fought testicular cancer... Those lab results look good... As if you're not aromatizing much which is good, always wondered what it would feel like to be over 1,000 T and >500 DHT... The highest I've reached so far is 673 and 213...

How old are you? I was, for two years on higher dose (28mg) Progesterone up until 6-7 months ago, bringing my E2 really low ( but slightly opposed DHT ) So I added DHEA and a bit of Andro to actually bring it up and since I lowered the dose I've had a slight increase in Acne, almost nothing but still... I'm around 13% BF.

Might just be adrenals working a bit more now plus the subtle stress of a small caloric deficit.

My DHT is at 213, yours is huge, but I feel good since my E2 is also low.

Your SHGB looks good too.

DHT is very Protective against Estrogen both physically and brain-protective - Just like all 5-Alpha reduced steroids like the neuroprotective metabolites of progesterone, so I wouldn't try to lower it, instead it would help to see your Progesterone and Prolactin, do you have a good balance of D:A:E, vitamin K, and how is thyroid?

Other members with more experience on TRT will Chime in soon, If you decide to lower it then lower it only slightly to 80mg... If on top of those labs you feel good (Mood, energy, BF%, Libido, motivation) you are responding excellently to TRT. A bit of Acne and hair thinning not much might just be an adrenals issue that can be resolved with minor changes.

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
OP
P

prince baka

I am 37

what gives you the idea that adrenals could be overworked or having a problem? is that a byproduct of test? is occasional ashwagandah or maybe reducing caffeine a good idea for this? will look further

have been hitting vit d 5000 iu, e i forget the dose, vitamin k1 mc 1500 mcg, k2 m4 1000 mcg, m7 100 mcg nearly daily, but not A except for dessicated liver supplements and foods. perhaps the liver supplements are not perfectly peatarian and i need to kjust find a way to cook liver in a more palatable way for myself.

my thyroid hasnt been checked since being on this protocol but as of last november it was
FFREE T32.92.2-4.2 (PG/ML)
FFREE T4 (THYROXINE)1.440.80-1.90 (NG/DL)
FTSH, THIRD GENERATION1.4100.400-4.100 (UIU/ML)

Back
Top Bottom