Blood Types and the Peat Diet

I was wondering if certain blood types do better on the Peat Diet. Are their any studies/articles discussing this? I've read that type O's do better with higher protein in their diets, whereas type A and B do better with more carbohydrates.

So, if you are a type O (which I am) would I do better being a peatetarian eating more protein than a type A or B?
Thoughts?
Oh incidentally, my husband is "A" blood type and eats everything I do and he is 52 and weekly people comment on how young he looks, mistaking him for his 30's! His gray hair mostly went away and his deep wrinkles too, which has been most amazing, being a smoker since his teens!! Here is his pic late last year....
I was wondering if certain blood types do better on the Peat Diet. Are their any studies/articles discussing this? I've read that type O's do better with higher protein in their diets, whereas type A and B do better with more carbohydrates.

So, if you are a type O (which I am) would I do better being a peatetarian eating more protein than a type A or B?
Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210418-194042_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210418-194042_Gallery.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 48

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
I started the Blood Type Diet 10 years ago and it saw results within 3 days, with foot pain disappearing as well as a few other issues. I devoted myself,
strickly, tovit for the first year resulting in a ten pound weight loss, which was a lot doing it the healthy way for a 5'4 small frame girl. As time went on I noticed the lack of dairy affecting my teeth and the uptake of lots of meat without calcium making the beautiful house of cards I had built, in that first year, crumbling here and there. 10 years later have learned, as an "O" blood type, how to have my cake and "Peat" it too! I still adhere to avoiding the "AVOID" foods on the Blood Type Diet except for milk and orange juice. Everything on the "Peat" diet is my main priority now and I feel like the two together is very anti-aging. I haven't been to a doctor in 10 years, no medications and never looked or felt better! Too bad I didn't figure all of this out before 57 ?
Thank you for articulating your thoughts and experiences so well! I'm type O+ and I'm with you. What do you do or not do re: blood type and Peat?

Thank you for articulating your thoughts and experiences so well! I'm type O+ and I'm with you. What do you do or not do re: blood type and Peat?

Hi Shonelle! My strategy nowadays is to keep the Blood Type "Avoid" foods out of my diet, which are considered toxic, except for milk and oranges, otherwise I eat Ray Peat all the way!

"Those with type O blood should choose high-protein foods and eat lots of meat, vegetables, fish, and fruit but limit grains, beans, and legumes. To lose weight, seafood, kelp, red meat, broccoli, spinach, and olive oil are best; wheat, corn, and dairy are to be avoided."

I forget to mention it to you, but I wrote a post on my Blood Type Diet experience, and have linked it below for you!

I'm.No.One

You'd think they'd need to break it down more. Like for - or + blood types.

I mean I'm I'm A- so A+ blood will literally kill me, can't be the same.

You'd think they'd need to break it down more. Like for - or + blood types.

I mean I'm I'm A- so A+ blood will literally kill me, can't be the same.
It is broken down further, addressing + and -, and excretors vs non-excretors in D.Adamo's book.

Shontelle

Forum Supporter
Hi Shonelle! My strategy nowadays is to keep the Blood Type "Avoid" foods out of my diet, which are considered toxic, except for milk and oranges, otherwise I eat Ray Peat all the way!

"Those with type O blood should choose high-protein foods and eat lots of meat, vegetables, fish, and fruit but limit grains, beans, and legumes. To lose weight, seafood, kelp, red meat, broccoli, spinach, and olive oil are best; wheat, corn, and dairy are to be avoided."

Thank you so much... I also am very Peaty Raw milk, raw cream, raw cheese etc..