Blood tests results and news for those doing DMSO/T Base

Peater

I welcome comments on my blood test results. I finally had some spare cash to get them done privately. I did not supplement for a couple of days before, to help get an accurate baseline.

Prolactin is very high, coritsol high. Tests taken upon waking at 8am, fasted.

To recap quickly, despite looking reasonably good clothed (Not over weight and not scrawny) I don't have a very good physique and never have even when working out 3 - 4x a week and eating enough good foods (Been gluten free for a decade now, paleo before looking into Peat.)

My fitness is reasonably good, after a year out of the pool I swam a mile in an hour with no rest stops.

I have had hyperhydrosis since I was a teenager. I put it down to hormones but it's never gotten better, only worse under stress of being an adult!

With it being winter here now, I have noticed my thermal regulation really sucks (Too cold when doing nothing, yet too hot in 0 degree celcius weather here today when doing a 4 mile walk - had to take my coat off)

The good news: After a washout period of two weeks before taking the tests, DMSO and T base does not appear to cause any shutdown of testes.

So the question is, what are everyone's first thoughts on these results from a Peaty perspective?

Attachments

• cortisol.PNG
    cortisol.PNG
    3 KB · Views: 69
  • male.PNG
    male.PNG
    10.2 KB · Views: 74
  • thyroid.PNG
    thyroid.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
I welcome comments on my blood test results. I finally had some spare cash to get them done privately. I did not supplement for a couple of days before, to help get an accurate baseline.

Prolactin is very high, coritsol high. Tests taken upon waking at 8am, fasted.

To recap quickly, despite looking reasonably good clothed (Not over weight and not scrawny) I don't have a very good physique and never have even when working out 3 - 4x a week and eating enough good foods (Been gluten free for a decade now, paleo before looking into Peat.)

My fitness is reasonably good, after a year out of the pool I swam a mile in an hour with no rest stops.

I have had hyperhydrosis since I was a teenager. I put it down to hormones but it's never gotten better, only worse under stress of being an adult!

With it being winter here now, I have noticed my thermal regulation really sucks (Too cold when doing nothing, yet too hot in 0 degree celcius weather here today when doing a 4 mile walk - had to take my coat off)

The good news: After a washout period of at least a week before taking the tests, DMSO and T base does not appear to cause any shutdown of testes.

So the question is, what are everyone's first thoughts on these results from a Peaty perspective?

So, are these tests before or after you used the T in DMSO? You said you wanted to get a good baseline but then you say that T/DMSO does not cause suprpession, so not very clear what these tests represent.

Why did you stop taking test base before getting the test? Of course test base will shut you down.

If test in DMSO is absorbing to any significant degree then it will shut you down. Test will shut you down proportionally to how well it absorbs.

I don't mean to be a **** but these tests were pointless. There's no way of knowing how well the test base absorbs, and if the test you have in your system now is leftover from test base, or if it's natural production (which would then mean that the test in DMSO is not absorbing well).

Well, the tests weren't completely pointless, you do have your prolactin and cortisol levels checked, which is good. But stopping the test in DMSO before getting the test done makes the testosterone aspect of the test pointless. You can't reliably tell what's going on there at all.

OP
P

Peater

So, are these tests before or after you used the T in DMSO? You said you wanted to get a good baseline but then you say that T/DMSO does not cause suprpession, so not very clear what these tests represent.

Afterwards, I stopped using it for 2 weeks prior to see if production would restart naturally and it seems to have just fine, based on the result.

Of course test base will shut you down.

Well, the tests weren't completely pointless, you do have your prolactin and cortisol levels checked, which is good.
Yes, those were my main areas of concern but I could not do just a prolactin test. It was just good see a healthy T level after using the exogenous T, it doesn't seem to have shut me down at all.

OP
P

Peater

@haidut any comments on prolactin and cortinon? Or the thyroid results, how do they look to you from your understanding?

I've used CortiNon before at 5 drops (Didn't want to go overboard with it) and it's nice at night but that seemed to be about it.

I wonder if the prolactin is a bigger issue.

The test itself is just a snapshot of a moment in time, I understand that

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut any comments on prolactin and cortinon? Or the thyroid results, how do they look to you from your understanding?

I've used CortiNon before at 5 drops (Didn't want to go overboard with it) and it's nice at night but that seemed to be about it.

I wonder if the prolactin is a bigger issue.

The test itself is just a snapshot of a moment in time, I understand that

I just don't understand what those tests you did are supposed to represent. Tests should be done say a day before starting a regimen and then no later than 24 hours after stopping a regimen. Otherwise, these tests are not indicative of anything specifically and it is impossible to say if the results are due to the regimen or were changed in any way by it, or not at all.
Also, I don't see CortiNon mentioned in your original post and if you used it while also using T/DMSO then the results are even harder to interpret. Why throw all of these things together and then do random test a few weeks after stopping without even knowing what your baseline was before you started?

OP
P

Peater

I just don't understand what those tests you did are supposed to represent. Tests should be done say a day before starting a regimen and then no later than 24 hours after stopping a regimen. Otherwise, these tests are not indicative of anything specifically and it is impossible to say if the results are due to the regimen or were changed in any way by it, or not at all.
Also, I don't see CortiNon mentioned in your original post and if you used it while also using T/DMSO then the results are even harder to interpret. Why throw all of these things together and then do random test a few weeks after stopping without even knowing what your baseline was before you started?

Can we just forget about the DMSO and T? I wish I hadn't even mentioned it now, I thought it might just be good info for the other guys who use it.

It wasn't my primary reason for testing, as my OP describes properly. My issues were not benefited or worsened by the DMSO and T.

I stopped using supplements so that I would have more accurate test results, I can't see the point in doing an initial test for cortisol while taking CortiNon and aspirin for example. So it would come back lower, that's hardly a surprise surely?

No product/ supplement has ever helped in fact, which is why I decided to go ahead with the tests, in case it turns out to be deeper-rooted issue

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can we just forget about the DMSO and T? I wish I hadn't even mentioned it now, I thought it might just be good info for the other guys who use it.

It wasn't my primary reason for testing, as my OP describes properly. My issues were not benefited or worsened by the DMSO and T.

I stopped using supplements so that I would have more accurate test results, I can't see the point in doing an initial test for cortisol while taking CortiNon and aspirin for example. So it would come back lower, that's hardly a surprise surely?

No product/ supplement has ever helped in fact, which is why I decided to go ahead with the tests, in case it turns out to be deeper-rooted issue

Understood, but since you took those things we don't know if the blood tests were affected by them or not. Steroids have long-term effects that can last months after you stop using them. If you want to do a proper evaluation, I would stop taking everything (including aspirin) for at least a month and then do a retest.

OP
P

Peater

Understood, but since you took those things we don't know if the blood tests were affected by them or not. Steroids have long-term effects that can last months after you stop using them. If you want to do a proper evaluation, I would stop taking everything (including aspirin) for at least a month and then do a retest.

In your opinion, what would you suggest to do about raised cortisol and prolactin? How extreme is my prolactin level, have you seen any that are higher in your time as a health researcher? I am absolutely certain I have had these for a long time, even before I joined here looking for more answers as the physical symptoms match, I just wanted some numbers I could put to them, and I am sure the T has not changed them at all (No difference in symptoms)

I was surprised the prolactin was so high, the cortisol I expected before I ever saw the results

I understand you are not giving medical advice, of course.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
In your opinion, what would you suggest to do about raised cortisol and prolactin? How extreme is my prolactin level, have you seen any that are higher in your time as a health researcher? I am absolutely certain I have had these for a long time, even before I joined here looking for more answers as the physical symptoms match, I just wanted some numbers I could put to them, and I am sure the T has not changed them at all (No difference in symptoms)

I was surprised the prolactin was so high, the cortisol I expected before I ever saw the results

I understand you are not giving medical advice, of course.

They are obviously high, but not at the levels caused by Cushing disease (cortisol) or prolactinoma (prolactin). Such slightly elevated levels are typically due to chronic stress and/or low thyroid, which is corroborated by the borderline elevated TSH.
I do not provider personal advice any more, but if you search the forum for threads with the tags "cortisol" or "prolactin" you will find many discussions on how to remediate those. If TSH does not drop down below 2 with diet manipulation and/or supplements then thyroid supplementation may be needed.

OP
P

Peater

They are obviously high, but not at the levels caused by Cushing disease (cortisol) or prolactinoma (prolactin).
That's very good to know, thank you.
Such slightly elevated levels are typically due to chronic stress and/or low thyroid, which is corroborated by the borderline elevated TSH.
I do not provider personal advice any more, but if you search the forum for threads with the tags "cortisol" or "prolactin" you will find many discussions on how to remediate those. If TSH does not drop down below 2 with diet manipulation and/or supplements then thyroid supplementation may be needed.

I will check that out, and run the tests again after a suitable length of time for results to appear. Appreciate the TSH level guideline as well. :thumbup

T

TheBeard

Why did you stop taking test base before getting the test? Of course test base will shut you down.

If test in DMSO is absorbing to any significant degree then it will shut you down. Test will shut you down proportionally to how well it absorbs.

I don't mean to be a **** but these tests were pointless. There's no way of knowing how well the test base absorbs, and if the test you have in your system now is leftover from test base, or if it's natural production (which would then mean that the test in DMSO is not absorbing well).

Well, the tests weren't completely pointless, you do have your prolactin and cortisol levels checked, which is good. But stopping the test in DMSO before getting the test done makes the testosterone aspect of the test pointless. You can't reliably tell what's going on there at all.

Shutdown is very transient with transdermal test base.
I've taken it for 9 months straight averaging between 1800ng/dl to 3000ng/dl on any given day.

After a one month discontinuation I was back to baseline. Who knows, maybe I was back even sooner.

Completely different from esters.

OP
P

Peater

Shutdown is very transient with transdermal test base.
I've taken it for 9 months straight averaging between 1800ng/dl to 3000ng/dl on any given day.

After a one month discontinuation I was back to baseline. Who knows, maybe I was back even sooner.

Completely different from esters.

Thanks for replying mate, it was you I had in mind but I couldn't remember your username just your avatar(!)

That's a great bit of info.