Blood Test Interpretation Resources. Don't Know What Your Labs Mean Or Need Extra Insight?

Gipzy2u

Have you had a CAC test?
I’d recommend starting a new thread specifically on the topic. Sorry but I’ve not dealt with this personally nor have researched it much. The only person I know who talks about it in depth is a low carb proponent. I’ve read vitamin K may helpful but wouldn’t know the dosage etc. Best wishes!
Yes I’ve had a calcium score test & it’s high ! How do I start a new thread? Yes I’ve been take vitamin K from Peats products but don’t know the dosage! Thanks for your comment!

Gipzy2u

Have you had a CAC test?
I’d recommend starting a new thread specifically on the topic. Sorry but I’ve not dealt with this personally nor have researched it much. The only person I know who talks about it in depth is a low carb proponent. I’ve read vitamin K may helpful but wouldn’t know the dosage etc. Best wishes!
I’m trying to start a new thread @ it wants a recipient! What do I put there plz

Ihor

Where can I find information about how to rid high calcium in arteries plz
There is a statement that it is exactly vitamin K2 MK-4, not just K that reverses the calcification of the arterial walls.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’m trying to start a new thread @ it wants a recipient! What do I put there plz
I believe that is for a conversation. There should be a Post Thread icon you can click on at the top of the forum portal. It has a pencil in a square. You will then be given a choice of which area you’d like post.

V

valdz

Yes I’ve had a calcium score test & it’s high ! How do I start a new thread? Yes I’ve been take vitamin K from Peats products but don’t know the dosage! Thanks for your comment!
Was your cac score >300? And have you gotten a stress test, echocardiogram, and/or cardiac cath? I think it should be correlated with other exams if you cac is abnormally high.

There is a statement that it is exactly vitamin K2 MK-4, not just K that reverses the calcification of the arterial walls.
I thought the MK7 was better at decalcification? In this forum people are more for MK4 but elsewhere I notice that MK7 is better than MK4. I'm a little confused. I guess I have to read up more on it. However, I do take K2 that contains both MK4 & MK7.

Mito

I thought the MK7 was better at decalcification? In this forum people are more for MK4 but elsewhere I notice that MK7 is better than MK4. I'm a little confused. I guess I have to read up more on it. However, I do take K2 that contains both MK4 & MK7.

1B5136A0-5401-4A12-8B7D-DE4B914E1DD4.jpeg

Gipzy2u

Yes i have had a calcium score test
165 Agatston Units
this is at the 80th percentile rank
i have high cholesterol the Dr says its 7
and put me on 10mg of Rosuvastatin Sandoz
which im not happy about,
im taking Kuinone, Oxidal, Lapodin,Mitolipin, Defibron, Cortinon, Pyruet, Melanon, Retinil, Camphosal,
Magnoil ,Energin

V

valdz

Yes i have had a calcium score test
165 Agatston Units
this is at the 80th percentile rank
i have high cholesterol the Dr says its 7
and put me on 10mg of Rosuvastatin Sandoz
which im not happy about,
im taking Kuinone, Oxidal, Lapodin,Mitolipin, Defibron, Cortinon, Pyruet, Melanon, Retinil, Camphosal,
Magnoil ,Energin

mild/mod risk from cac score test but even people with 0 cac score can still have a heart attack.. No one is really happy after being put on statins. My pcp hasn't suggested for me to be on it yet but if I show my labs to the cardiologist I bet they would put me on a low dose. Still working on optimizing my lipids and thyroid. However, I will give lab result updates later this yr after trying certain supplements.. That's a lot of idealabs product and hope they work out well for you. Aspirin and Vit E also gives good benefits!

Gipzy2u

i have been researching how to get rid of calcium out of arteries as i most likely have atherosclerosis
and have researched i should be taking potassium to soften arteries , im taking vit k2 to try and clean
out calcium from arteries! i mostly eat salmon and salad greens potatoes sweet potatoes
im taking so many idealabs products as im sharing with my X as he has had breast cancer and has parkinsonish
movement disorder and i have has skin cancer which i treated with black salve,
thanks for you reply

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans

I think it would be interesting to see your own blood results sometime. Just sayin'
Yeah man, I'd like to get them done for a recent view... I guess after my health improved such a great deal since a few years ago, it hasn't been a big priority for me but it's definitely something I want to get done (especially to be able to show where my health is now at).

Vajra

Your articles have been super helpful so thank you. I got somewhat interesting results on my hormone panel:
DHEA-S536.0ug/dL115.3-459.6
Pregnenolone149ng/dL<151
Testosterone, serum684ng/dL(18yo) 150-785
Testosterone, free15.3pg/mL
DHT43ng/dL30-85
SHBG41.8nmol/L16.5-55.9
Estradiol30.9pg/mL7.6-42.6
So at surface value, it seems that my DHEA and pregnenolone are building up and aren't converting to testosterone, progesterone (didn't get it tested), etc. At the end of the day, is this more or less due to low concentrations of enzymes like 17β-HSD and/or 3β-ΗSD, or is it possibly a response to something? Since the two aren't just precursors, but what's with all the DHEA? I don't take any of it.

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Your articles have been super helpful so thank you. I got somewhat interesting results on my hormone panel:
DHEA-S536.0ug/dL115.3-459.6
Pregnenolone149ng/dL<151
Testosterone, serum684ng/dL(18yo) 150-785
Testosterone, free15.3pg/mL
DHT43ng/dL30-85
SHBG41.8nmol/L16.5-55.9
Estradiol30.9pg/mL7.6-42.6
So at surface value, it seems that my DHEA and pregnenolone are building up and aren't converting to testosterone, progesterone (didn't get it tested), etc. At the end of the day, is this more or less due to low concentrations of enzymes like 17β-HSD and/or 3β-ΗSD, or is it possibly a response to something? Since the two aren't just precursors, but what's with all the DHEA? I don't take any of it.
Glad you found the articles helpful.
Your estradiol is on the high end which can inhibit LH. LH stimulates those enzymes that convert preg to prog and DHEA to androstenedione and to T. SHBG is also on the high end. It's increased by estrogen and decreased by insulin. Are you by any means on a low carb diet?
DHEA is high which either indicates that you're supplementing DHEA, or that your preg is converting to DHEA or that you're stressed. If you're highly stressed, then cortisol will also be elevated and cortisol inhibits the synthesis of testosterone and promotes the aromatase.

Also, certain vitamins and minerals are essential for steroidogenesis, such as zinc, magnesium, copper, NAD+, etc. How is your diet?

Vajra

Your estradiol is on the high end which can inhibit LH. LH stimulates those enzymes that convert preg to prog and DHEA to androstenedione and to T. SHBG is also on the high end. It's increased by estrogen and decreased by insulin. Are you by any means on a low carb diet?
DHEA is high which either indicates that you're supplementing DHEA, or that your preg is converting to DHEA or that you're stressed. If you're highly stressed, then cortisol will also be elevated and cortisol inhibits the synthesis of testosterone and promotes the aromatase.

Also, certain vitamins and minerals are essential for steroidogenesis, such as zinc, magnesium, copper, NAD+, etc. How is your diet?

Just a month or so ago I was on HFLC and taking cod liver oil everday, hehe. Currently learning the repercussions of that. Discovered peating initially because I was becoming insulin resistant and my sleep was getting screwed up, but not severely. Still is, though. Nowadays my diet doesn't deviate much from OJ, pineapple juice, honey, beef, dairy, eggs, and potatoes. Supplementing lots of magnesium and some copper, amongst other things (B complex, E, K2, iodine, CoQ10, not zinc though.) I suspect giving my body/glands some time to adjust will make some signs more obvious.

Is 149ng/dL pregnenolone high, as per the reference range? What factors can lead it convert into high ammounts of DHEA? I don't think the high DHEA is due to high cortisol, but I could be wrong.
Wasn't sure how much in the high end my estradiol was, so I think I'll focus on lowering aromatase. Thanks.
I'll make my own thread when my other panel results come in.

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Just a month or so ago I was on HFLC and taking cod liver oil everday, hehe. Currently learning the repercussions of that. Discovered peating initially because I was becoming insulin resistant and my sleep was getting screwed up, but not severely. Still is, though. Nowadays my diet doesn't deviate much from OJ, pineapple juice, honey, beef, dairy, eggs, and potatoes. Supplementing lots of magnesium and some copper, amongst other things (B complex, E, K2, iodine, CoQ10, not zinc though.) I suspect giving my body/glands some time to adjust will make some signs more obvious.

Is 149ng/dL pregnenolone high, as per the reference range? What factors can lead it convert into high ammounts of DHEA? I don't think the high DHEA is due to high cortisol, but I could be wrong.
Wasn't sure how much in the high end my estradiol was, so I think I'll focus on lowering aromatase. Thanks.
I'll make my own thread when my other panel results come in.
It is the upper range yes, so not very high, but enough to indicate that there is a blockage further down. Interesting that your body would synthesize such a large amount of DHEA from that preg. It would have been interesting to see your prog as well.
Estradiol is high in comparison to testosterone yes. I like white button mushrooms, oysters and orange juice to lower the aromatase.

V

valdz

@Hans - Hey man. Got some thyroid labs recently and results were different than last March. Jan-March I was on NDT (TPO ab=18, TSH=0.65, FT3=3.8, FT4=1.2)

After NDT I switched to Tyromix (sublingual + topical before bed) and these are my recent numbers: TPO ab=14, TSH=2.77, FT3=3.3, FT4=1.1, *RT3=9, *INSULIN=17.1, *APOE=3/3... The * is newly added... Should I worry about how I went from TSH of 0.65 to 2.77. My TPO ab however did go low. I had to reread your article so I'm curious what you think. In March I didn't fast for the bloodwork and this last time I did. Idk if that mattered. Appreciate your input.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans - Hey man. Got some thyroid labs recently and results were different than last March. Jan-March I was on NDT (TPO ab=18, TSH=0.65, FT3=3.8, FT4=1.2)

After NDT I switched to Tyromix (sublingual + topical before bed) and these are my recent numbers: TPO ab=14, TSH=2.77, FT3=3.3, FT4=1.1, *RT3=9, *INSULIN=17.1, *APOE=3/3... The * is newly added... Should I worry about how I went from TSH of 0.65 to 2.77. My TPO ab however did go low. I had to reread your article so I'm curious what you think. In March I didn't fast for the bloodwork and this last time I did. Idk if that mattered. Appreciate your input.
Perhaps you can take the Tyromix orally with a meal instead of sublingually. Then the absorption and release into your system will be slower and should optimize your numbers better.
How much Tyromix are you using?

V

valdz

Perhaps you can take the Tyromix orally with a meal instead of sublingually. Then the absorption and release into your system will be slower and should optimize your numbers better.
How much Tyromix are you using?
1 drop under the tongue + about 3 drops topical... I will try that. A few drop mix with juice? Thanks!