Blood Test Interpretation Resources. Don't Know What Your Labs Mean Or Need Extra Insight?

PopRBop

@Hans
Where can one find a doctor who will review/interpret and prescribe Testosterone correctly? Is there a website or telemed service you know of that can prescribe once you've done your own blood work?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans
Where can one find a doctor who will review/interpret and prescribe Testosterone correctly? Is there a website or telemed service you know of that can prescribe once you've done your own blood work?
I have no idea sorry. I'm sure it differs from country to country as well depending on where you are.

Frankdee20

Very cool and informative ! Great work !
I’ve always had 460-500 average Test and I’m 41 years old. I’m 6’3”, 235 pounds and definitely overweight ... My cholesterol and trigs are sky high, and my TSH averages in the low 1.00 s.... Anyway, I was sick and tired of having low T.... I’ve been on Amdrosterone and Pansterone the last 2 months.... I’ve added Clomid 25 MG 3 times a week and liquid examastane.... I will retest, but if this doesn’t work then what the hell would cause high cholesterol and sub optimal testosterone ?

Frankdee20

Thyroid might just be why I have these issues, and I’ve had full thyroid panels done, but all came back good... Maybe I’ll try NDT instead of synthetic

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Very cool and informative ! Great work !
I’ve always had 460-500 average Test and I’m 41 years old. I’m 6’3”, 235 pounds and definitely overweight ... My cholesterol and trigs are sky high, and my TSH averages in the low 1.00 s.... Anyway, I was sick and tired of having low T.... I’ve been on Amdrosterone and Pansterone the last 2 months.... I’ve added Clomid 25 MG 3 times a week and liquid examastane.... I will retest, but if this doesn’t work then what the hell would cause high cholesterol and sub optimal testosterone ?
Certain vitamins and minerals are needed for testosterone synthesis, such as vitamin A, D, magnesium, zinc, selenium, iron, etc. Perhaps you have a deficiency in one of those.
It could also be excess serotonin that's inhibiting proper steroidogenesis.
Have you checked reverse T3 as well? Are your temps at 98.6 or higher during the day?

Frankdee20

Certain vitamins and minerals are needed for testosterone synthesis, such as vitamin A, D, magnesium, zinc, selenium, iron, etc. Perhaps you have a deficiency in one of those.
It could also be excess serotonin that's inhibiting proper steroidogenesis.
Have you checked reverse T3 as well? Are your temps at 98.6 or higher during the day?

No, they were 97.7 and 96.8 last two readings, but I will keep logging them and if still low, I’m going on NDT

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
No, they were 97.7 and 96.8 last two readings, but I will keep logging them and if still low, I’m going on NDT
If your temps aren't increasing with high dose thyroid, then your rT3 might be elevated. Only once your temps are around 98.6 are you at the optimal thyroid dose.

Frankdee20

If your temps aren't increasing with high dose thyroid, then your rT3 might be elevated. Only once your temps are around 98.6 are you at the optimal thyroid dose.

Thanks, yeah I haven’t tried Thyroid ever but strongly considering it

V

valdz

Hello everyone.

So many people need help interpreting labs and finding good and helpful resources online seems to be very difficult so I've created a few resources myself.

Here are a few:
How to interpret your testosterone blood-test results in order to focus on what's most important
How to interpret your cholesterol blood test results to ensure optimal testosterone production and health
How to interpret your cortisol tests (blood, saliva & DUTCH test) for maximum anabolism and health
How to interpret your thyroid test results to get rid of hypothyroid symptoms for good!
How to interpret your iron panel blood test for optimal energy and health - check out this one just for the lols...

I'll be doing more in the near future and will then update this thread when they are done.
These are good! I just got my labs and have read through your articles.. I need to work on my thyroid fx and retest later. Appreciate your post!

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
These are good! I just got my labs and have read through your articles.. I need to work on my thyroid fx and retest later. Appreciate your post!
My pleasure man. Feel free to ask for help if you need any.

V

valdz

My pleasure man. Feel free to ask for help if you need any.
Actually I want to get your thoughts on my thyroid and lipid panel. There has been a drastic change since my 2018 labs. My current pcp suggest to dial down carb and sfa intake. She's just concerned about my LDL and particle size/number being abnormal. Also my Vit D levels are super low and I started taking D3 drops yesterday. Thyroid seems to be wnl.... rT3 and insulin wasn't tested. My fasting glucose is borderline high. I'm 39yo 5'5", 155 lbs. idk if that matter. I don't really work out and if I do I walk, body weights (push up, pull ups, situps) sporadically but I need to improve on exercise. I already avoid pufas since beginning of last yr 2020. I do consume 1.5 gal raw cow milk (sometimes goat milk) every 2 wks mainly with my coffee w/ collagen. I take Vit E 400 iu 1-2/day, Vit K2, aspirin 2-3 times/wk. I used to be low carb and did IF, keto, paleo during 2018 but didn't feel good after being on it for a couple yrs. But my cholest levels were better! ugh. Attached is screenshot of recent lipid panel and 2018 (QUEST LABS). My liver enzymes are wnl. Long story short I'll retest again in 6 mos. I sincerely appreciate your input.

GLUCOSE - 100
TSH - 1.26
T4, FREE - 1.3
T3, FREE - 3.6
THYROID PEROXIDASE ANTIBODIES - 19
VITAMIN D,25-OH,TOTAL - 12
HEMOGLOBIN A1c - 5.5

Attachments

• lipid panel.PNG
    lipid panel.PNG
    24.1 KB · Views: 19
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Actually I want to get your thoughts on my thyroid and lipid panel. There has been a drastic change since my 2018 labs. My current pcp suggest to dial down carb and sfa intake. She's just concerned about my LDL and particle size/number being abnormal. Also my Vit D levels are super low and I started taking D3 drops yesterday. Thyroid seems to be wnl.... rT3 and insulin wasn't tested. My fasting glucose is borderline high. I'm 39yo 5'5", 155 lbs. idk if that matter. I don't really work out and if I do I walk, body weights (push up, pull ups, situps) sporadically but I need to improve on exercise. I already avoid pufas since beginning of last yr 2020. I do consume 1.5 gal raw cow milk (sometimes goat milk) every 2 wks mainly with my coffee w/ collagen. I take Vit E 400 iu 1-2/day, Vit K2, aspirin 2-3 times/wk. I used to be low carb and did IF, keto, paleo during 2018 but didn't feel good after being on it for a couple yrs. But my cholest levels were better! ugh. Attached is screenshot of recent lipid panel and 2018 (QUEST LABS). My liver enzymes are wnl. Long story short I'll retest again in 6 mos. I sincerely appreciate your input.

GLUCOSE - 100
TSH - 1.26
T4, FREE - 1.3
T3, FREE - 3.6
THYROID PEROXIDASE ANTIBODIES - 19
VITAMIN D,25-OH,TOTAL - 12
HEMOGLOBIN A1c - 5.5
Hey man,
Glucose on the high side, which usually indicates elevated stress hormones after an overnight fast. T3 is mid range, but should be on the high end. Do you perhaps know your body temps? Do you have cold hands and feet?
Thyroid helps to lower cholesterol, so if your temps are suboptimal and you experience cold hands and feet, I'd consider using thyroid. My basic approach would be thyroid and vitamin D and then see what happens after 30 days.

V

valdz

Hey man,
Glucose on the high side, which usually indicates elevated stress hormones after an overnight fast. T3 is mid range, but should be on the high end. Do you perhaps know your body temps? Do you have cold hands and feet?
Thyroid helps to lower cholesterol, so if your temps are suboptimal and you experience cold hands and feet, I'd consider using thyroid. My basic approach would be thyroid and vitamin D and then see what happens after 30 days.
Hans,
Sometimes during the day I feel cold (hands/feet) especially now that its still winter time in the East Coast. Most of the day I normally feel warm but yes, I need to start taking pulse and temp. I just started taking Vit D3 after being off of it for over a yr. I've never supplement thyroid before but I'm looking at Tyronene and curious if that's a good start or do you have other good options? Thanks for the quick response. Your site is a wealth of info and I find myself frequently reading your articles.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans,
Sometimes during the day I feel cold (hands/feet) especially now that its still winter time in the East Coast. Most of the day I normally feel warm but yes, I need to start taking pulse and temp. I just started taking Vit D3 after being off of it for over a yr. I've never supplement thyroid before but I'm looking at Tyronene and curious if that's a good start or do you have other good options? Thanks for the quick response. Your site is a wealth of info and I find myself frequently reading your articles.
I wouldn't start with T3 monotherapy. First try out TyroMix, TyroMax or NDT from Lifegivingstore and see how you feel.
How much vit D are you using? Are you using Mg with it?

V

valdz

I wouldn't start with T3 monotherapy. First try out TyroMix, TyroMax or NDT from Lifegivingstore and see how you feel.
How much vit D are you using? Are you using Mg with it?
Thanks! Livegivingstore seems like they carry good quality products and might try their NDT. Tyromax is pretty good option too. So my pcp wants me on 5000iu/day so I'm working up to it using D3 liquid drops and no, I don't take Mg on a regular basis. I take Mg glycinate once in a great while but any ideas on Mg dosage & brand? Also, my pcp is curious if I have a genetic variant, ApoE which makes their cholesterol rise in the setting of added saturated fat and want me to get labs to check it. I wonder if that's causing my elevated cholesterol? But regardless, I'll definitely try thyroid and retest labs again.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks! Livegivingstore seems like they carry good quality products and might try their NDT. Tyromax is pretty good option too. So my pcp wants me on 5000iu/day so I'm working up to it using D3 liquid drops and no, I don't take Mg on a regular basis. I take Mg glycinate once in a great while but any ideas on Mg dosage & brand? Also, my pcp is curious if I have a genetic variant, ApoE which makes their cholesterol rise in the setting of added saturated fat and want me to get labs to check it. I wonder if that's causing my elevated cholesterol? But regardless, I'll definitely try thyroid and retest labs again.
5000IU isn't even a lot. You can easily use 10000IU daily just to get levels back to normal and then reduce the dose again. The reason I mentioned magnesium is because vitamin D supplementation increases magnesium requirements, so vitamin D supplements can give people negative symptoms due to low magnesium.
Elevated cholesterol is most often caused by low thyroid hormones, but excess iron and low copper can also lead to elevated cholesterol and trigs.

V

valdz

5000IU isn't even a lot. You can easily use 10000IU daily just to get levels back to normal and then reduce the dose again. The reason I mentioned magnesium is because vitamin D supplementation increases magnesium requirements, so vitamin D supplements can give people negative symptoms due to low magnesium.
Elevated cholesterol is most often caused by low thyroid hormones, but excess iron and low copper can also lead to elevated cholesterol and trigs.
Last year I've given blood twice and am planning to give at least once per quarter this year to rid of excess iron. I've been taking liver supps as well and need to get more.. Good to know about Vit D/Mg requirements and will def up my Vit D & Mg intake. It would be interesting to see my labs my after doing this regimen. Thanks!

Ihor

@Hans I have not yet read the texts on the links in the header.
I'm going to do test in lab soon but I don’t want to do any unnecessary or on the contrary, to skip something, so where to start diagnosing testosterone? Will the total testosterone and SHBG be enough to calculate the free or "active" fraction yourself? Or do you need to take a free TRT in addition to them? What about the albumin-bound TRT fraction, is it considered part of free or "active" testosterone in the calculation?

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans I have not yet read the texts on the links in the header.
I'm going to do test in lab soon but I don’t want to do any unnecessary or on the contrary, to skip something, so where to start diagnosing testosterone? Will the total testosterone and SHBG be enough to calculate the free or "active" fraction yourself? Or do you need to take a free TRT in addition to them? What about the albumin-bound TRT fraction, is it considered part of free or "active" testosterone in the calculation?
I'd suggest checking LH, FSH, testosterone, estradiol, DHT, estrone-S, prolactin, cortisol, DHEA and calculated free T for a complete idea of your androgens and what's happening to what. It's quite a lot, but it's comprehensive.
You can also check cholesterol and CRP to see if it's thyroid and/or inflammation related. Getting a complete thyroid panel will tell you more about your actual thyroid hormone levels ofc, but cholesterol is a simple measure to see if T3 is sufficient or not.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals