Blood Test Interpretation Resources. Don't Know What Your Labs Mean Or Need Extra Insight?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
1 drop under the tongue + about 3 drops topical... I will try that. A few drop mix with juice? Thanks!
Perhaps less absorbed through the skin and that's why your numbers went down a little. Let's see when you take it all orally.

V

valdz

Perhaps less absorbed through the skin and that's why your numbers went down a little. Let's see when you take it all orally.
It did lower my TPO but I'll up the dose this time. Thanks!

laleto12

Hi Hans,

How do you dose thyroid? Do you go just by temps? and Say lets if I use a low dose thyroid (less than a grain maybe) would that make me more hypothyroid? Cause I've heard that from some users, they say low doses will just shut the thyroid and you end up with less hormones in general.

and my second question is what do you think of Vitamin D supplementation giving me achy/hurtful nipples? I've never had them in my life and I was using vitamin d (10.000 IU) for a couple of days because my test came back low (18 ng) and my nipples started to hurt so I stopped the vitamin D and the problem went away.
What do you think?

Thanks.

Jsaute21

Assume it’s best to do these blood tests fasted?

I am going to try and get some bloods ran - been too long. Do most folks on here go through doctor or life extension? @Hans @Lokzo any thoughts?

Vitamin D.
B12.
RBC Zinc.
Iron Studies.
Liver Function Test.
Kidney Function Test.
Testosterone (Free and Total)
Estrogen/Estradiol
Cortisol
DHT
Prolactin
TSH
T4
T3
Reverse T3
CRP
Homocysteine
FBC/FBE
Fasting insulin
Cholesterol panel

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Assume it’s best to do these blood tests fasted?

I am going to try and get some bloods ran - been too long. Do most folks on here go through doctor or life extension? @Hans @Lokzo any thoughts?

Vitamin D.
B12.
RBC Zinc.
Iron Studies.
Liver Function Test.
Kidney Function Test.
Testosterone (Free and Total)
Estrogen/Estradiol
Cortisol
DHT
Prolactin
TSH
T4
T3
Reverse T3
CRP
Homocysteine
FBC/FBE
Fasting insulin
Cholesterol panel
Looks good, and yes fasted is best. Are you trying to identify why you have a specific symptom?

Jsaute21

Looks good, and yes fasted is best. Are you trying to identify why you have a specific symptom?
No. Just am over worked & have 2 young kids. 34 years old. Haven't done comprehensive bloods in a long time. Overdue and curious what they look like.

Separately, i saw a post from @Lokzo about lion's mane being no bueno for DHT. Does one think this will have a big impact on an otherwise sound diet? $ down the drain if so lol.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
If it's stress, then the thyroid panel and hormone panel are what I'd look at. Total and free T, DHEA, DHEA-S, cortisol, estradiol, prolactin, DHT, TSH, total and free T4 and T3 and reverse T3. Those will be the main ones.

Jsaute21

If it's stress, then the thyroid panel and hormone panel are what I'd look at. Total and free T, DHEA, DHEA-S, cortisol, estradiol, prolactin, DHT, TSH, total and free T4 and T3 and reverse T3. Those will be the main ones.
thanks - do you utilize a Doctor or just go to a lab typically?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
thanks - do you utilize a Doctor or just go to a lab typically?
I have to get a prescription here, so doc first. Otherwise, I would have just ordered online.

Jsaute21

I have to get a prescription here, so doc first. Otherwise, I would have just ordered online.
Got it. Any thoughts to my standard results from fall 2022? No hormone testing just generic panel for my job.

Total cholesterol: 226
LDL: 135 reference: <100
HDL: 55 reference: <40
Triglycerides: 180 reference: <150
Non hdl, chol calc: 171 reference: <130

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Got it. Any thoughts to my standard results from fall 2022? No hormone testing just generic panel for my job.

Total cholesterol: 226
LDL: 135 reference: <100
HDL: 55 reference: <40
Triglycerides: 180 reference: <150
Non hdl, chol calc: 171 reference: <130
This could indicate slight insulin resistance (high insulin can lead to elevated trigs) and low T3.

Jsaute21

Update: getting tests run this Friday. You wouldn't believe the attitude i received from the Doctor for requesting such tests.

Lollipop2

Update: getting tests run this Friday. You wouldn't believe the attitude i received from the Doctor for requesting such tests.
Search for the business: Any Lab Test Now. They are all over the US and you can run any labs without a doctor requesting. You do pay out of pocket but you bypass the MD. Also be careful they can secretly mark you as a difficult patient that screws you going forward. It will always show up with your medical records.

Jsaute21

Following up here team - below were my results. Thoughts besides TSH being a little high, vit D being low and ALT being extremely high. i discontinued thyroid use 2 weeks ago which has been an adjustment but felt it was time. i tapered off very slowly. @Hans @Lokzo thoughts @haidut thoughts?
5-a-Dihydrotestosterone, LC-MS/MS514.3106.0 - 719.0 pg/mLFinal
TSH2.40.3 - 4.7 mcIU/mL
Albumin5.03.9 - 5.0 g/dLFinal
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin60.020 - 76 nmol/LFinal
Testosterone817300 - 1,080 ng/dLFinal
Testosterone, Free11547 - 244 pg/mLFinal
Testosterone, Bioavailable323131 - 682 ng/dLFinal
Cortisol10mcg/dLFinal
Vitamin D,25-Hydroxy14 Low 20 - 50 ng/mLFinal
ComponentValueRef Range & UnitsStatus
Cholesterol210See Comment mg/dLFinal
The significance of total cholesterol depends on the values of LDL, HDL, triglycerides and the clinical context. A patient-provider discussion may be considered.
Cholesterol,LDL,Calc145 High <100 mg/dLFinal
If LDL value falls outside of the designated range AND if
included in any of the following categories, a
patient-provider discussion is recommended.

Statin therapy is recommended for individuals:
1. with clinical atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease
irrespective of LDL levels;
2. with LDL > or = 190 mg/dL;
3. with diabetes, aged 40-75 years, with LDL between 70 and
189 mg/dL;
4. without any of the above but who have LDL between 70 and
189 mg/dL and an estimated 10-year risk of
atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease > or = 7.5%
(consider statin therapy if estimated 10-year risk > or =
5.0%) (ACC/AHA 2013 Guidelines).
Cholesterol, HDL48>40 mg/dLFinal
If HDL cholesterol level falls outside of the designated
range, a patient-provider discussion is recommended
Triglycerides83<150 mg/dLFinal
If Triglyceride level falls outside of the designated range,
a patient-provider discussion is recommended.
Non-HDL,Chol,Calc162 High <130 mg/dLFinal
If Non-HDL cholesterol level falls outside of the designated
range, a patient-provider discussion is recommended.

Lab and Order Date​

Urea Nitrogen187 - 22 mg/dLFinal
Calcium9.38.6 - 10.4 mg/dLFinal
Total Protein6.96.1 - 8.2 g/dLFinal
Albumin4.83.9 - 5.0 g/dLFinal
Bilirubin,Total0.40.1 - 1.2 mg/dLFinal
Alkaline Phosphatase7037 - 113 U/LFinal
Aspartate Aminotransferase5513 - 62 U/LFinal
Alanine Aminotransferase219 High 8 - 70 U/LFinal

Peatress

Is it worth testing testosterone and DHEA in women? If so, how would the result be interpreted – is there a chart for doing so?

RealNeat

awesome i will link this in my thread also

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals