Blood Sugar Issues

Dobster

Hi I have issues with blood sugar control and am on Diamicron 60mg and Metformin 850mg.
It works most of the time, however I notice that when I've not had a bowel movement for over day or so, takes a while to get the BS in order. When I do have a BM, the blood sugar level is corrected more easily.
Weird ?
So If I've been reading correctly, T3 supplementation with DHEA helps lower Cortisol/Stress and also helps with metabolism and the BS is regulated better ? Am I understanding this correctly ?

Any advice appreciated.

Tks/Dobster

OP
D

Dobster

Anyone here taking Metformin 850mg to control BS issues ?

OP
D

Dobster

Well right now it works most times..also bodybuilder use it too I read somewhere ? Is niacinamide same as niconitic acid ?

Thanks Hamster

Well right now it works most times..also bodybuilder use it too I read somewhere ? Is niacinamide same as niconitic acid ?

Thanks Hamster

nicotinamide is the same -- it's the amide of nicotinic acid, it doesn't cause the flushing reaction.

Metformin is really a bad drug. It lowers B12 levels and can cause neuropathy and is very bad at a cellular level. I would not use it at all, ever. Niacinimide and biotin can lower blood sugar levels, combined with thiamine, very effectively. So can aspirin.

tara

So If I've been reading correctly, T3 supplementation with DHEA helps lower Cortisol/Stress and also helps with metabolism and the BS is regulated better ? Am I understanding this correctly ?
I would look at a bigger picture before trying particular supplements like T3 or DHEA. Under some circumstances they may be helpful. I know less about DHEA, but T3 in inappropriate circumstances can probably do more harm than good. Personally, I tend to favour seeing what can be done with diet, light, breathing etc before trying to override the bodies mechanisms.

Have you got data about metabolism from lab tests and/or monitoring body temps and pulse?

Have you already got a post describing your diet and anything else you've tried so far and effects?

Have you cut the PUFA as low as poss and tried limiting fat? Covering B-vits and minerals generously? Experimented with more or less sugars:starches?

OP
D

Dobster

Hi Tara / Hamster, many thanks for your inputs/replies. Here's a brief history etc :
I am 45yo, Asian living in Asia.
I was diagnosed with Met-X syndrome about 5+ years ago. I've had an extremely stressful 7 years + (from work related & family issues) My health took a dive.
I have the infamous HUMP on the back of my neck. 2009 was when I first noticed my BS going thru the roof. Prior to that I noticed one day 2 small bulges on the right side of my throat. I was also extremely low on Vit D, Test, an whole bunch of other nutrients. - Fast forward now I have a better understanding of why the body does what it does with Excessive stress etc. Am always fatigued. Hair was dropping etc. I also have Fatty Liver.
Since finding out about RP/Forums etc, I'm learning, a lot that missing nutrients is part of my problems. Apart from that my lifestyle I suppose which co-relates to my work environment etc

So what I am doing now to try and improve/correct

Removing PUFAs (Hard to do where we live) but work in progress.
Starch is consumed via Rice / Potatoes intake.
Dropped bread from diet. Probably have the occasional Burger W/Bun.
Intake of coconut oil started about a month ago.
Gelatin - about 5-10grams every other day. Will up the intake since am seeing improvements. I drink coffee and take No sugar with it as already have BS issues.

Supplements / Vitamins - being consumed.
Vit D
Vit B1 / Thiamine
Vit E
Pregnenolone

Wanting to try
Taurine
Dhea - Was on a prescription before
T3 - Was on a prescription before
Iodine - IF it helps.
Vit B6
Biotin
Aspirin
Vit B3/ Niacin - I've read on the internet that it 'could/may' raise BS levels. Any truth to this ?

I sweat a lot for no apparent reason. Some days are good others not. Seen improvements with Gelatin and B1. Energy levels are up that I can function
effectively. I believe that my problems started from childhood and were left unnoticed. As for temps and Pulses I will start taking them regularly and report back.

Thanks much
Dobster

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals