"Blood Sugar Is Usually The Thing To Pay Most Attention To,"

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat said:
"...Blood sugar is usually the thing to pay most attention to, everything becomes an allergen if the glucose is chronically low. Thyroid is the main thing that stabilizes the blood sugar. Aspirin usually helps with allergies..." - Ray Peat

Kamran

I hope RP is right about thyroid being the thing that maintains BS levels. That would make my life easier if the doctor i'm seeing in a few days manages to get me some NDT.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have a meter and watch my blood sugar. Everytime I start up thyroid supplement, my blood sugar goes up for a couple weeks, then drops down to a really excellent level.

J

j.

Charlie said:
I have a meter and watch my blood sugar. Everytime I start up thyroid supplement, my blood sugar goes up for a couple weeks, then drops down to a really excellent level.

If you don't mind, excellent level = ? Mine is usually 85 (fasting glucose). Before Peating it was 95 usually. But I feel a lot better. Maybe if it goes up under a Peat regimen (I know he probably hates that word :mrgreen:) again, I'll feel even better.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Mine is the same on Peat, around 85 fasting in the morning. However, when I start up thyroid supplement, it always jumps up a bit, this morning it was 96 but in a couple weeks it should be back down to 85'ish again.

85 fasting I think is about perfect from what information I have gathered around the net.

J

j.

I'm thinking that when mine was 95, before Peating, it was a protective mechanism from the effects of too much PUFA, because eliminating PUFA consumption is basically what lowered mine to 85, after years of being 95.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Or, maybe the sugar couldn't leave the blood stream and get into the cells properly because of too much PUFA or busted metabolism?

Speculation on my part.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals