Blood Results After 6 Weeks On Finasteride

Lucas

Hello.

These are my blood results after taking 1 mg of Finasteride 3 times a week for 6 weeks.

I am a male, close to 43 years old.

Prolactin: from 17,70 to 9,32 ng/ml REF: 3,46 – 19,40

Progesterone: From 0,29 to 0,30 ng/ml

Total Testosterone: From 721 to 809 ng/dl REF: 249 - 836

Free Testosterone: From 12,48 to 10,95 ng/dl REF: 5,70 – 17,83

SHBG: From 55,48 to 69,65 nmol/L REF: 18,30 – 54,10

Estradiol: From 30 to 25 pg/ml REF: 11,30 – 43,20

My Prolactin and Estradiol reduced, my Total Testosterone increased but whit the increase of SHBG my Free Testosterone has decreased. My progesterone is close to the same. My DHT results are not ready.

I still don’t see any difference on my hair, but of course 6 weeks is to early.

So, the problem is the high SHBG. I always have high SHBG since starting testing it.

So, the plain now is to reduce the SHBG to have more free testosterone. What is the best supplement for it, boron or tribulus?

Thank you.

Gustav3Y

Very interesting results after 6 weeks, especially the drop in prolactin and estradiol after finasteride, some would easily have theorized the opposite.
Have you done something else different in these new 6weeks compared to before except the fiansteride?

OP
L

Lucas

Very interesting results after 6 weeks, especially the drop in prolactin and estradiol after finasteride, some would easily have theorized the opposite.
Have you done something else different in these new 6weeks compared to before except the fiansteride?
I stopped consuming milk and dairy products and eggs, but I believe that these foods do not increase estradiol and or prolactin

Gustav3Y

I stopped consuming milk and dairy products and eggs, but I believe that these foods do not increase estradiol and or prolactin
I mean for one milk can mean all kind of negative reactions, bloating, acne, etc, yet for another can mean great energy and calmness, so I would not really take thing too strict in the sense what they can do, I mean in the general sense, not in you particular case.
The same how some have reported after 1 month of finasteride quick nipple area growth suggesting a quick increase of estradiol and prolactin, exactly this is why I mentioned the interesting reduction of these while you are on finasteride, I would say not what some would expect.

MitchMitchell

I fail to see why that increase in shbg is a problem by the way. Your free T is virtually unchanged and it’s what’s matters. Most of what’s said about SHBG is pure broscience.

OP
L

Lucas

I fail to see why that increase in shbg is a problem by the way. Your free T is virtually unchanged and it’s what’s matters. Most of what’s said about SHBG is pure broscience.
I would like to lower my SHBG to have more free testosterone and thus improve libido, muscle, etc.

MitchMitchell

That never works because of negative feedbacks from the extra bio available testosterone. Example: proviron studies.

Whatever you do to decrease shbg will get you back to where you were pre finasteride. Going from 11 to 12 pg/mL free T while total T drops from 800 to 700 doesn’t sound significant to me. The only way to increase free test substantially is via injections.

OP
L

Lucas

That never works because of negative feedbacks from the extra bio available testosterone. Example: proviron studies.

Whatever you do to decrease shbg will get you back to where you were pre finasteride. Going from 11 to 12 pg/mL free T while total T drops from 800 to 700 doesn’t sound significant to me. The only way to increase free test substantially is via injections.
Thanks.
Could you please tell us a little more about SHBG being Brosciense? Why should I not worry about high SHBG?

lampofred

Those blood results make me want to take finasteride...

Also lowered free T isn't necessarily a bad thing. Estradiol & insulin resistance increase free T.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lucas

Only in this forum that high SHBG is not a problem and now free testosterone is not that beneficial. I would like to understand why

Hans

Forum Supporter
I would like to lower my SHBG to have more free testosterone and thus improve libido, muscle, etc.
Libido is inhibited by serotonin and promoted by dopamine. D2 agonists such as bromocriptine, cabergoline, pergolide, ropinirole and rotigotine can promote hypersexuality. So for boosting libido, I'd rather focus on boosting D2 receptor density and sensitivity and increase dopamine synthesis.

OP
L

Lucas

Libido is inhibited by serotonin and promoted by dopamine. D2 agonists such as bromocriptine, cabergoline, pergolide, ropinirole and rotigotine can promote hypersexuality. So for boosting libido, I'd rather focus on boosting D2 receptor density and sensitivity and increase dopamine synthesis.
Thanks. In my country, a famous aphrodisiac is catuaba.
Perhaps Mucuna is interesting.
What do you think of Tribulus in my case? I am afraid that Tribulus will lower my SHBG by releasing more estrogen.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks. In my country, a famous aphrodisiac is catuaba.
Perhaps Mucuna is interesting.
What do you think of Tribulus in my case? I am afraid that Tribulus will lower my SHBG by releasing more estrogen.
Yeah catuaba is also great. There are many good dopaminergic aphrodisiacs out there but it depends how you respond to them ofc. I never really felt dopaminergics strongly, but it just normalized my baseline if it was low for some reason (e.g. stress).

Here's an article I wrote not too long ago about some of them.

SamuraiJack

Just by looking at your results, seems like test has increased secondary to DHT being reduced. Interesting to see the DHT results

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals