Blood Pressure High is Methylene Blue the cause?

fergie

Hi, Can anyone shed some light on this please.
I started taking Methylene Blue two weeks ago.
Yesterday I took my BP and it was higher that normal 190/95 ... it is usually around 136/83 I am 63 years old. I don’t want to stop the MB because even in the short time taking it, I feel I’ve more energy.. What should I do?
thank you for your response

P

Peatness

OP
fergie

fergie

Thank you for your reply. I will do some research as well..

redsun

Yesterday I took my BP and it was higher that normal 190/95 ... it is usually around 136/83 I am 63 years old. I don’t want to stop the MB because even in the short time taking it, I feel I’ve more energy.. What should I do?
Its a potent MAO-A inhibitor. MAO-A degrades norepinephrine so its probably to due to that.

OP
fergie

fergie

I continued to take the methylene blue regardless and monitored my B/P it came back to a more normal range and because you messaged me I just checked it with a glass of orange juice with MB it’s 131/81

TheCodez

I have difficulty with hypertension anyway, but MB definitely makes it worse, which is unfortunate as it also greatly reduces my fatigue.

yerrag

I used to wonder about this too as I also noticed that my blood pressure increased as well when taking methylene blue.

When I bought a personal ECG, and as I tracked my QTc that is calculated by the ECG device, A Facelake F20. I noticed that each time my blood pressure decreased a lot. as when I wasn't feeling well, the QTc value would increase.

A QTc value that is increased beyond what is normal for a euthyroid person would indicate that the metabolism has gone down. I use a QTc of 440msec as the basis to establish that I am euthyroid (although Peat would say it can be slightly lower).

Anyway, when I took methylene blue, I would also notice an increase in blood pressure, but I would now see my QTc value go down. And it began to make sense to me.

As methylene blue increases metabolism, and it would make sense for increased metabolism to result in increased blood pressure.

So this would make me take pause when I think about people around the world taking blood pressure medication to lower blood pressure. I have no doubt people do not check their metabolism when they take drugs to lower bp. They may not realize that bp drugs are also causing them to lower metabolism. The implications are obvious to people in RPF.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals