Blood Glucose Ok, Eating Well, Progest-e Twice/day, And More Hotflashes :(

Xisca

I am patient but no results, and I am sweating like never before right now, so I decided to write a new post.
My last periods are last september so it seems that I am no more in pre- ...
It seemed I got better during a moment when using rice, but I think I was getting mad at eating and eating.
Now I eat loads of fruits, good protein, lower fat, I even had oysters and icecream as I could find hagen daas, as i am in the continent with more modern facilities, let's say...
I have taken my supps with me, added vitD because my labs were surprisingly too low.
And I take progest-e twice per day.

And now I have more than some red flash and I cannot hide I have a big hot flash.

The only thing I can say that has changed is not being at home and being in a damn heat a few degrees more than at home.

But to soften this, I had anyway more hot flashes even before I went from home. Only the sweat is worse. But according to Katharina Dalton, I should be better with enough sugar protein and taking progest-e! I have been taking it for long now, more than 1 year!

What can I do? I just guess it still is about stress and thus adrenals. My mood is super good, but I am still tired and not sleeping as good as I would like to.

Well, I just go and take a shower now...

Integra

From raypeat.com [emph. mine]:

"The fact that estrogen increases the formation of nitric oxide, a vasodilator, is often mentioned as one of its beneficial effects. But in the case of hot flashes, dilation of the blood vessels is exactly the problem, and estrogen is commonly prescribed to prevent the episodic dilation of blood vessels that constitutes the hot flash. Nitric oxide increases in women in association with the menopause (Watanabe, et al., 2000), and it is increased by inflammation, and hot flushes are associated with various mediators of inflammation, but, as far as I can tell, no one has measured the production of nitric oxide during a hot flash. Inhibitors of nitric oxide formation reduce vasodilation during hot flushes (Hubing, et al., 2010)."

This is just a stab in the dark, but could methylene blue help with that?

Integra

Oh, and listen to this: "Even when the liver's glycogen stores are adequate, the system cycles rhythmically, usually repeating about every 90 minutes throughout the day." (raypeat.com)

Would it be a good experiment to try raising your blood sugar in some way every 90 minutes for a day?
And then eating ice cream before bed so that the fat + sugar combo keep your blood sugar rather high?...

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I did not mention that I got methylene blue from @haidut, and I use 1 drop a day. I do not know how to decide a modification. I used to put it in by belly button! (less blue everywhere...) But while away, I take it orally, no problem until now. I think I could start to sleep better and longer at once, but no other change.

I have a little flash now, I am going to write down the hour, and see if there is a rythm...

I am going to try increasing sugar more, or more regularly, as by eating more I actually good snack less, especially last week.

Thanks @Integra

Orion

If your liver function is not optimal, progesterone will release estrogen but it will not be excreted by the liver.

You might need to work on liver function, this means caffeine, and K2. Taurine could be helpful

I believe high cortisol to maintain blood sugar will cause hot sweaty symptoms, along with higher estrogen for the hot flashes.

Working up to 1000mg/day caffeine can flush the liver of stored fat and work to heal liver fibrosis.

Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

OP
Xisca

Xisca

@Orion you can be spot on as my liver is not optimal, according to my organic acid test, and adrenals are not the best either... But especially phase II of liver detox, conjugation....
Here we are pro coffee and caffeine in general, but is it really for everybody? It seems that caffeine also needs detox by liver, so is it optimal in this case?
In my genetic report, caffeine is part of what I am not supposed to detox properly...
I can stand coffee perfectly though, but maybe because it sustains adrenals?

There is caffeine in oxydal, maybe I could take 1 drop twice per day...
I take 1 drop kuinone topically.
Until now never tried any amino acid...
progesterone will release estrogen but it will not be excreted by the liver.
If you can explain, I do not understand... Thanks!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

(caffeine metabolism is used as a clinical test for liver disease)
That is why I stay cautious with coffee... I am not supposed to be very good at metabolizing it... But I have no stress response with my favorite coffee with sugar coconut oil and egg yolk!

I have to detox mercury too, so I do not want to add a burden. I am sure many people are in between 2 opposite opinion about coffee!

Orion

I am not supposed to be very good at metabolizing it...

I think not being good at metabolizing means sub-optimal liver function, but caffeine is known to help increase liver function... sorta of a catch 22.

Since you can handle smaller amounts it might be a good experiment to increase your intake, and see how you feel. It should help excrete excess estrogen in the long run.

Surfari

Have you tried taking Vitamin B1? It's one of those things that's supposed to help with too much nitric oxide. I've been taking around 25 mg with each meal, and I feel more heat tolerant overall and less hot flashes.

I take some Energin sometimes too - so I don't get too much of one B without the others.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

So, thanks for the link, I understood.
I can go without meal, only because I can feel my body switch easily to fat burning. My blood fasting glucose is high. I am almost sure my cortisol is pretty high but making an effort, and some crashes are obvious when I have any health problem.
My test is low tension when I get up fast from sitting.
I am athletic, you would not give me my age if you do not look at some skin signs.... I do not put on weight, though I managed to get back my normal fat, let's say first butt and hips, belly only second but really less, and breast, huh never in my life. My pms was always light, well some pain 1 day before period that stopped the first day of my all life very light periods. Last were last september.
-> I am not sure I have a very high oestrogen dominance.
Low progesterone this I am sure, it was diagnosed already 8 years ago.
I think not being good at metabolizing means sub-optimal liver function, but caffeine is known to help increase liver function... sorta of a catch 22.
Since you can handle smaller amounts it might be a good experiment to increase your intake, and see how you feel. It should help excrete excess estrogen in the long run.
I also mean that caffein is part of the list my genome is not good at.

My father also has low blood pressure, and is fine when he takes 1 coffee per day after lunch. I also think he has low cortisol now, after a life compensating low thyroid...

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Have you tried taking Vitamin B1? It's one of those things that's supposed to help with too much nitric oxide. I've been taking around 25 mg with each meal, and I feel more heat tolerant overall and less hot flashes.

I take some Energin sometimes too - so I don't get too much of one B without the others.
No I have not.
Is it advisable in addition to Energin?
In that case, which form of B1?

I already took 1 drop of MB this morning, and will take another tonight.
I have been walking today, and the only problem was to have tense heels and hamstrings after the car journey back, which is quite common for me.
I feel good and did not overdo.
But this aerobic glycolisis is ****

Surfari

No I have not.
Is it advisable in addition to Energin?
In that case, which form of B1?

I already took 1 drop of MB this morning, and will take another tonight.
I have been walking today, and the only problem was to have tense heels and hamstrings after the car journey back, which is quite common for me.
I feel good and did not overdo.
But this aerobic glycolisis is ****

If you’re taking a full dose of Energin – that would be 50 mgs of B1 – I would think if it’s going to help, 50 mgs would be enough to notice a difference.

I’m taking Swanson’s B1 caps – they are 100 mg, and I pull them apart and take around a ¼ at a time, so I’m taking around 75 mgs per day.

I add Energin in occasionally because it’s my understanding that taking just one of the B vitamins (with the exception of niacinamide) can draw down the levels of your other B vitamins.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I’m taking Swanson’s B1 caps
I just do not remember the different forms of B1, I think Energin is thiamine HCl.... is this one the same form or other?
I did not know this brand until now!

I do not dose energin, I just put a few drops of my wrists and rub them, as I know water soluble vitamins are better taken often in the day at little doses. I just don't mind to have them yellow... And I take methylfolate and methycobalamin because I do not agree to not take them, they helped me a lot, well B12 for sure.

Surfari

Oh, I see what your asking -
The Swanson's is Thiamin HCI, (plus some rice flour) that's the same form as what's in Energin.
I think when you take it on your skin you don't have to take as much.
I take around 10 drops on my skin - which is a lot of yellow...If I'm not careful, I can end up looking like my picture.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Do like me, add a drop of methylene blue in the middle of a yellow belly!
I can see some blue too on your duck!
And I get the pinkish violet from methylcobalamine pills!
:)

OP
Xisca

Xisca

It is strange I notice a hot flash when I eat, even when the food is not hot...

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Problem solved....

Hot flushes went away after very few days of fasting.... So do not tell any more that K. Dalton is 100% right when saying you must keep eating and take some food between meals! Cortisol sensitivity is the problem to solve whenever there are blood sugar level that are not ok.... The problem showed for me as a need to eat more often. now I can go along way without having to eat, and also my energy is back!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals